“Nice crepes restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice crepes restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

A lot of choice of savory and sweet crepes - both very good.
Service is friendly and efficient!
Located close to the museum, so a nice place for a lunch when you are visiting the museum.

Visited December 2013

Byron Center, Michigan
“Afternoon Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Crepes are awesome. Service a little to be desired. After we stood around at the "counter" we were told we could actually sit at a table, no signage to direct patrons. HUGE variety of crepes to choose from. Very good. A little light on the beverage selection, but would make a great stop in the mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Don't know that there is enough there to go for a full breakfast or lunch.

Visited December 2013
Plymouth, Michigan
“Food good, but service extremely slow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife, three friends, and I went to Good Girls for lunch. We ordered four different types of crepes, all of which were very good. The problem was that the restaurant only has two griddles, so delivery of the food to the table was extremely slow even though the restaurant was less than half full.

My crepe was delivered first so I waited for others to be delivered. After waiting several minutes, my friends told me to start eating so it wouldn't get cold. Eventually, the other orders started to be delivered to the table one at a time. Unfortunately, by the time my wife's order was delivered the rest of us were done eating. She then felt she had to hurry eating as the rest were already done.

If it weren't for the slow service I would go back, but the slow service will cause me to stay away. Good Girls needs to invest in some more griddles to speed up the process. I can't imagine what service is like when the place is crowded.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Royal Oak, Michigan
“A decent attempt to bring a bit of Paris to Detroit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I ordered the mix green salad, which I was regretfully told after I had ordered and was given my spinach salad that they had run out of mix greens, so much for options. I had an all veggie crepe with mushrooms, spinach, red pepper with balsamic vinagrette, less the cheese, all was okay, but very bland and boring, had to ask for some hot sauce to give it a bit of flare.

The food and overall experience was so average, but at least the price point is a bit more reasonable than the over-priced and over-hyped What Crepe. Dinner cost us ~$30 with the Groupon value, which was a great idea, since I would have been sore if I had paid more for the very average experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“Second visit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I would have rated the first visit this summer for lunch 5-points. The owner was charming and chatted with us, all the staff friendly, the service wonderful and the food tasty. My friend and I had a fun visit with seven children between us. I couldn't wait to go back and recommend the restaurant to everyone I met.

Today was a disaster. They were out of so many essentials on the menus - eggs, fruit, mushrooms, and non-perishable things as well, such as peanut butter. In addition to this, the wait for our food, water and tea was very long and reminders were required to finally obtain what we ordered. The orders were also delivered over time, not at once, my young daughter served last. The service was poor, and no apologizes were made as we waited, reminded and sat at a filthy table. The food overall was good with the exception of old fruit served.

Our hope is today was an exception and that when we visit next we can revise this review. Until then, I am averaging the two visits as "average." The service was so poor today though that I must give it it a poor rating below.

• 3 of 5 stars Food