“Seafood. Service. Success!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Detroit Seafood Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 974 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gratiot
Description: There simply isn't another restaurant in all of metropolitan Detroit where guests can enjoy a more abundant offering of fresh fish and pristine seafood than they do today at the famed Detroit Seafood Market.Some of the house favorites include seafood stuffed Atlantic Salmon, Maryland Crab cakes, Grilled Bacon wrapped Sea-Scallops, Authentic Paella, and the much raved about, golden-fried Twin Lobster Tails, stacked on whipped garlic mashed potatoes.Landlubbers will find plenty to choose from too, from Sautéed Chicken Marsala to Grilled Delmonico Steak with wild mushroom sauce and Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb. At the Detroit Seafood Market, the promise of remarkable food, personalized service and reasonable prices is not just lip service.. It's a philosophy that renowned Chef, Leonardo lives by.We invite you to visit the Detroit Seafood Market today for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch, or simply relax in our Paradise Valley Lounge enjoying a libation and live entertainment.
Toronto, Canada
“Seafood. Service. Success!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were staying at the Inn on Ferry Street and took advantage of their free shuttle service which meant we could eat anywhere in Detroit and not worry about parking. After looking at numerous restaurant websites we chose the excellent location of the Detroit Seafood Market and its positive reviews. We were not disappointed.

Although we had to wait a while for a booth, the staff were attentive and the manager even offered complimentary desserts. There was a great vibe to this place right for from the start: live jazz, to the friendly service and excellent seafood. We can recommend the lobster bisque, gumbo soup (both meals in their own right), the Flounder Rockefeller, the macadamia encrusted Mahi-Mahi and the crabmeat stuffed shrimp. And the desserts...superb!

We'd like to go back sometime for their brunch service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Flying blind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

All we had to go on were the reviews here in Trip Advisor. We booked on line and sat down 1.5 hours later. Great table. Fine service. Attentive sommelier. New Year's Eve no less.
Great Mac and Lobster, chop salad and grilled seafood platter. The price was right. Coming from the west coast, we have a discerning palate when it comes to seafood. Our 16 year-old said before hand "Seafood in Detroit?" In a word: enjoy. We did.

Visited December 2013
“A wonderful restaurant in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great dinner here. The atmosphere was very festive and the food was excellent! Many choices on the menu. We are here pre theater and were able to have a leisurely meal mad out in time to get to the show on time. Waiter was friendly and attentive.... We'll definitely go back!

Visited December 2013
Connecticut
“Yummy Food, great service, nice atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant both times I dined there during my 4-day business trip. My first visit was on the night of my arrival in Detroit. I was staying at a hotel across the street and immediately checked Trip Advisor to see what was nearby and good. This restaurant came up so I went. My second visit was because I knew I didn't want to leave without experiencing it once more. From the rolls they set out on the table to the delicious calamari and seafood gumbo (appetizers) to the main courses (paella and chicken marsala) to the peach cobbler and bread pudding. . .this place was SO good! Sidenote: The paella didn't actually taste all that Spanish-authentic but it was still really delicious! I couldn't finish either meal in one sitting. Fortunately, I had a microwave in my hotel room and was able to enjoy my meals the following day. The service was outstanding each time! If you get there, ask to sit in Jay's section and tell him the black chick from CT with the braids, who stayed in the hotel across the street, sent you! :-) He's terrific and goes the extra mile to ensure you leave happy. I did get the sense that this is the case with all of their staff; the "house-style". I highly recommend Detroit Seafood Market!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Illinois
“Fantastic ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Loved it!! Very convenient walk from the people mover. We had cups of gumbo to start. Delicious. My husband had encrusted mahi mahi which was very well prepared. I had the paella. Awesome. So good. Be warned it was huge and I ordered the half order. The service was friendly and impeccable. I strongly recommend reservations. Great place.