“Great location, comfortable rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Greektown Casino Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 East Lafayette Ave, Detroit, MI 48226   |
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Chicago
“Great location, comfortable rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Greektown Hotel met our needs for our two night stay in Detroit. The rooms were a good size and were comfortable and clean with great views of the City. We had a minor issue with the AC in our room, but the staff responded quickly and fixed it. The location was perfect, I'd recommend the hotel for anyone heading to Detroit.

Room Tip: I had no complaints about the hotel. The smoke in the Casino was unbearable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We appreciate your positive review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with our staff and our convenience to the downtown attractions. Please come back and visit us at Greektown Casino Hotel the next time you are in Detroit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Fantastic hotel right in the heart of the city. I loved the floor to ceiling windows, which showcased wonderful views of Detroit. We were on the 27th floor with river/belle isle views, very pretty.
The lobby is stunning, very contemporary grand. The pillows were sooo comfortable I wanted to take one :).
Room service was very quick, courteous, and accommodating, but the pizza was definitely frozen pizza. Not very good.
Valet was very prompt and nice. I actually lost my ticket, they found my car quickly without being rude. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Greektown Hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Greektown Casino – Hotel.
farmington, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Greektown on Tuesday night - everything was wonderful. The check-in / check-out process was easy and fast.
We were able to get a cab and go to the show at Chene Park without any problem. The Greektown staff was friendly and helpful and our room on the 28th floor was beautiful, clean and had a great view. I had fun gambling too! Spreading the word about what a good experience it was!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Greektown Casino - Hotel. As you mentioned in your review, we are very proud to offer excellent service, a great location and unique dining outlets. We hope that you will return to Greektown on your next visit to Detroit.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Last evening, 6/24/13, I had the pleasure of staying here so I could watch the Downtown Detroit's Fireworks. I have stayed here plenty of times before, but yesterday, was different. I HAD THEEEEE BEST HOSTESS AT CHECK-IN. Her name was Rhea. She was extremely polite, friendly, courteous and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE about the restaurants in the casino, what time they closed and what was offered. She even let me know about the bar located inside of the hotel that I never went in. I went last night and HAD A BALL. Her customer service was THROUGH THE ROOF!!! I hope anyone that stayed there last evening, had the same experience with check-in that I had. If I had any doubts about returning to this hotel, they have all been erased. I WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING .. I find it refreshing when hotels hire front line courteous staff that address you by your name and make sure you know whats going on in your hotel and the surrounding area. TWO THUMBS UP GREEKTOWN for excellent staffing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are incredibly honored to have Rhea as a part of our Greektown Casino Hotel Team. She truly defines Guest Service and we appreciate you taking the time to recognize her efforts. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to providing you with another great experience in the near future.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We always stay at Greektown hotel. You can't beat the lacation, close to all the sports arenas, lovely walk to the river front and not to forget Campus Marcus. Hotel staff very pleasant and you can the best happy hour in the bar downstairs. If your into martinis, this place is the best. Shotz is a great bar with a fantastic atmosphere. Rooms are clean and extremly comfortable. The only sad part is the food isn't very good or over priced. The other side of the coin is, the great resturants surrounding Greektown. YUMMMMMMMMY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a great room. Just avoid the rooms next to a Suite, can get a little loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are honored that you choose to stay at Greektown Casino-Hotel and wish to do so again in the future. We are delighted that you had a great visit. Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved it loved the view it was awesome! The view of down town was awesome, had a great room with the view of down town I will always go back they even have free parking with amazing cool staff that treat guests like royalty can't wait till next year for the Orion festival and comcerts in downtown Detroit the nightlife around the hotel is awesome and the casino is good I doubled my money and had a fun time with people I just met

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel.
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I didn't have high expectations about this place, but I was pleasantly surprised. The valet drop-off was fast and the check-in was fast so we were in our nice, impeccable modern room in no time. Friendly staff too. The only negative thing I would say about this hotel is that the doors seem to slam shut too hard, so if you are a light sleeper be prepared to hear doors slammed.

• Stayed June 2013
It is a pleasure for us to hear of how impressed you were during your stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!