“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Detroit
Grosse Pionte Park
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband booked a room for us on Valentine's Day. Wasn't sure what to expect based on holiday booking, etc. Front desk staff very nice. First casino hotel in Detroit that actually asked us for our room preference at check-in (view-wise). Rate was excellent. Lobby and elevators clean and pleasant. Security access to most floors appreciated. Room smelled and looked clean and inviting. Room amenities nice. Bedding and pillows wonderful. Dining at Bistro 555 in the hotel was excellent (separate review for that). We will certainly go back!

Room Tip: Remember sunrise is to the east, so face downriver if you like to sleep in. Make sure prior room in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure for us to hear of how impressed you were during your stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Eastpointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Erika and Rachel at the front desk made us feel very welcome at this hotel! I am definitely coming back soon. My room had the pleasantry of a cosie home. And i must add that I felt very safe!!! Safety is always a plus for me

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and flattering compliments. As our valued guest, your feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure we maintain our commitment to superior guest service. We are excited to share your comments with our Greektown Casino Hotel team. Thank you for choosing Greektown as your place to play and stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Goderich, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had a great stay , service was excellent and staff very friendly and more than willing to help. Room was very clean with 2 queen size beds and very nice bedding and lots of pillows, Shower stall very roomy and clean. overall great value for a day away ..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel.
FINDLAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at Greektown Hotel. Staff was very professional and friendly. The room was clean,comfortable, and the TV worked fine. Heating was also in good operation.

Only room concern was that a bright light a few floors under my room was shining straight up towards my room, and this was mildly annoying.

Also had some difficulty finding my way from the People Mover to the Hotel via the Casino. Need to put some signs in the casino directing patrons to the hotel.

Otherwise a very pleasant stay and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Free parking in hotel garage is easily accessible off of I-375.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Greektown Casino – Hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

As we were checking in at the front desk, we made a simple request to be close to our business partners due to ongoing conference calls. She was seemed very polite and assure us that we will only be steps away from each other. Turned out that one was on the other side of the hotel, same level and the other two were floors above and beneath us. We have used many hotels for business purposes only and this request was put in months when we booked and yet to have this happened, wasn't not expected on other level.

We asked to speak to the manager in charge on that shift and he was as useless and obviously never trained to handle a guest complaint. We hung up angrier towards the hotel manager than their agent that booked the room. We offered to pay to upgrade all four rooms into suite available and he wasn't giving us the undivided attention that we requested. Not only were they going to make more money us and/if it wasn't available, I believe they could of quickly bring us closer together to make what we were originally there to do which was to manage our business appropriately between international Ford. We've express to the UAW Board to never book Greektown ever again.
To top it off, the walls are thin to the point that on one side of my room was a lady hacking and the other snoring. Worst night ever and I highly recommend to think twice before going there. Will try Motor City or even MGM next.
Remember 99.5% do not have tubs and the others are not vacuumed in the most obvious spots. Proceed with caution!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your request. We do try to honor all guest room location requests however on occasion we are unable to do so, for this inconvenience I apologize. We do have bath tubs located in all of our suites and large rain showers in all of our standard rooms. As a full service hotel we do provide full housekeeping service daily. Please feel free to contact me directly at Cnelson@greektowncasino.com so I may address the concerns you have expressed during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope you will reach out to me so I can address your inconveniences.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my wife stay here every year for our Anniversary even though we live just 10 minutes away!! The rooms are an absolute steal at the Sun-Thurs prices, and include a little gambling money - even though we don't really gamble, it gets us into the casino for a little while.

Bar-hopping out and back along Monroe St is fun, tons of options for dinner and or late night drinks. If it's too cold - you can just take the walking bridge from the hotel into the casino (over Monroe) and not have to get bundled up.

Haven't even mentioned the views of Downtown/Canada, the floor-to-ceiling windows, or the euro-style room setup... Awesome. Park your car and just walk around..

My favorite Downtown Detroit hotel - Hands Down. Can't wait until March!!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better views, of course. Downtown-side is a nicer view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Wheatley, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here the night before the marathon and it exceeded my expectations. It was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was modern and spotless. The line at check-in moved quickly and the staff was very easy to deal with. The only drawback was I didn't want the extras I had to pay for (2 "free" tickets to the DIA, 2 "free" breakfasts, money to use at the casino). I would've liked to have been given the option of paying a lower price and not getting the extras I gave away to someone else. Overall, I would stay here again and free parking is definitely appreciated. Great hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer many different promotions throughout the year, and we hope that you come back to enjoy another one!

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!