“Great stay, just needs a few minor changes” 5 of 5 stars

Greektown Casino Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 East Lafayette Ave, Detroit, MI 48226   |
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
FINDLAY
“Great stay, just needs a few minor changes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at Greektown Hotel. Staff was very professional and friendly. The room was clean,comfortable, and the TV worked fine. Heating was also in good operation.

Only room concern was that a bright light a few floors under my room was shining straight up towards my room, and this was mildly annoying.

Also had some difficulty finding my way from the People Mover to the Hotel via the Casino. Need to put some signs in the casino directing patrons to the hotel.

Otherwise a very pleasant stay and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Free parking in hotel garage is easily accessible off of I-375.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Greektown Casino – Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

As we were checking in at the front desk, we made a simple request to be close to our business partners due to ongoing conference calls. She was seemed very polite and assure us that we will only be steps away from each other. Turned out that one was on the other side of the hotel, same level and the other two were floors above and beneath us. We have used many hotels for business purposes only and this request was put in months when we booked and yet to have this happened, wasn't not expected on other level.

We asked to speak to the manager in charge on that shift and he was as useless and obviously never trained to handle a guest complaint. We hung up angrier towards the hotel manager than their agent that booked the room. We offered to pay to upgrade all four rooms into suite available and he wasn't giving us the undivided attention that we requested. Not only were they going to make more money us and/if it wasn't available, I believe they could of quickly bring us closer together to make what we were originally there to do which was to manage our business appropriately between international Ford. We've express to the UAW Board to never book Greektown ever again.
To top it off, the walls are thin to the point that on one side of my room was a lady hacking and the other snoring. Worst night ever and I highly recommend to think twice before going there. Will try Motor City or even MGM next.
Remember 99.5% do not have tubs and the others are not vacuumed in the most obvious spots. Proceed with caution!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your request. We do try to honor all guest room location requests however on occasion we are unable to do so, for this inconvenience I apologize. We do have bath tubs located in all of our suites and large rain showers in all of our standard rooms. As a full service hotel we do provide full housekeeping service daily. Please feel free to contact me directly at Cnelson@greektowncasino.com so I may address the concerns you have expressed during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope you will reach out to me so I can address your inconveniences.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my wife stay here every year for our Anniversary even though we live just 10 minutes away!! The rooms are an absolute steal at the Sun-Thurs prices, and include a little gambling money - even though we don't really gamble, it gets us into the casino for a little while.

Bar-hopping out and back along Monroe St is fun, tons of options for dinner and or late night drinks. If it's too cold - you can just take the walking bridge from the hotel into the casino (over Monroe) and not have to get bundled up.

Haven't even mentioned the views of Downtown/Canada, the floor-to-ceiling windows, or the euro-style room setup... Awesome. Park your car and just walk around..

My favorite Downtown Detroit hotel - Hands Down. Can't wait until March!!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better views, of course. Downtown-side is a nicer view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and flattering compliments. As our valued guest, your feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure we maintain our commitment to superior guest service. We are excited to share your comments with our Greektown Casino Hotel team. Thank you for choosing Greektown as your place to play and stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Wheatley, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here the night before the marathon and it exceeded my expectations. It was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was modern and spotless. The line at check-in moved quickly and the staff was very easy to deal with. The only drawback was I didn't want the extras I had to pay for (2 "free" tickets to the DIA, 2 "free" breakfasts, money to use at the casino). I would've liked to have been given the option of paying a lower price and not getting the extras I gave away to someone else. Overall, I would stay here again and free parking is definitely appreciated. Great hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer many different promotions throughout the year, and we hope that you come back to enjoy another one!
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent just one night there. The room is very comfortable and clean, with nice decoration. Great service at check in and storage room, which employees were kind and polite. However He hostess at Bistro 555 was very rude and mean (during breakfast). It is a good option to stay in downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your positive review of your stay with us. I apologize for the issue you encountered with the hostess, I can assure you that is not a typical Greektown Casino Hotel experience and it has been addressed. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay despite that issue and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Check in was quick, though the agent was a bit snippy and definitely had some attitude. Valet parking was free, and the parking attendant was very nice. Room on the 28th floor was clean, had a GREAT view to the east. Bed was comfortable but sheets were ragged on the corners. Overall the stay was good value, and included $10 in gambling comps. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Greektown Casino - Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your comments in regards to your recent visit. We hope you will once again stay with us the next time you are attending events downtown.
LOWELL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night as I needed to be in town for a conference. My husband and adult daughter stayed with me in a double queen room. We had plenty of room. The bathroom is very nice, big glass shower with rain shower head. Beds were very comfy with lots of pillows. The only problems we had was the tv screen would freeze on the abc channel for several minutes at a time and our phones couldn't get a good 3G signal. We were on the 28th floor and the view was great! Plan to visit again when the weather is better so we can enjoy the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

We are honored that you choose to stay at Greektown Casino-Hotel and wish to do so again in the future. We are delighted that you had a great visit. Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!