“World Series Game 4 Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Greektown Casino Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 East Lafayette Ave, Detroit, MI 48226   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“World Series Game 4 Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time at this very nice and modern hotel. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. They asked our room preference view and accommodated us with a great view of the ballpark from the 21at floor.

• Stayed October 2012
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Greektown Casino - Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your comments in regards to your recent visit. We hope you will once again stay with us the next time you are attending events downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Staff was friendly , very clean , great location. Cant wait to go back. It was a great get away with my wife. Casino was very very clean nice set up never felt like we were smothered by other people. Staff went out of there way to make us feel welcome. Games were great played all night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel looking for a relaxing place....got the complete opposite....1).there is no refrigerator for your things...just a weight sensitive refrigerator you cant touch without getting charged. 2)I had a room for 2 people and each of us drove and the valet would not let me park both cars without a charge and asked me to park in the casino and walk the bridge over when my agreement had stated valet was free. 3) We were going to go to the casino and had taken the bridge from the hotel to get there...at security we had been hand picked to have IDs swiped when many others before us had just had theirs looked at or not even looked at all. my 32 year old friend's ID was damaged unknowingly on the magnetic strip and did not take in the machine and they man denied us entrance to the casino. then when presented with other ID he told my friend no because he was holding up the line. 4) we had tried to get late check out and were told it was not possible until ihad asked on the 5th try at the front desk personally. 5) We wanted to get some things out of our car and were told there was 'no in and out privileges' because the 'big wigs' were in the main entrance. 6) 2 men in suits decided to confront an upset gambler who lost $1000s right in front our room and try and offer him credit for a night but gave us a dirty look and ignored us when we asked them to move somewhere else with this transaction. 7) as we were leaving the hotel my friend had realized he left his work shoes in the room right in front of the sink and called lost and found....left a message and no return call. then he had called again and talked to the manager saying he was going to come back for the shoes and they told him not to come and he would get a call back. finding this unacceptable we went to the hotel to get his shoes back. At the front desk my friend was told he needed to get me because my name was on the room. as i had left the car in the valet area, the valet was yelling at me for leaving my car all the way in a non obstructive area and when i told him i was resolving a quick lost and found issue he told me to park somewhere else. The lady at the front desk then said the shoes were not in the room or in lost in found and she insulted us saying we had them in our luggage after my friend spent and hour searching the car and clearly need these shoes (only having sandals now) for work later that evening. when filling out paper work for lost and found the front desk lady also said if the shoes were found 'we might not be able to release them over the mail for security reasons with out ID at the front desk' even though we live 5 hours away and they are just shoes which were described exactly and the room was noted. This was the most stressful stay we have ever had and upsetting because there was extra time between work for us and we had picked this hotel to relax and enjoy for once instead of a 2-3 star hotel and we were treated worse and left scarred from the visit. my friend is still missing his shoes and we have called every day for 3 days now about these issues and not one person has called us back!

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Greektown Casino – Hotel prides itself in the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guest. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We do have a weight censored mini bar in the room for your beverage and snacking convenience and we also offer refrigerators upon request. Our parking is always free in the Casino and hotel, self parking as well as valet. Due to limited space in the Hotel Valet the policy is one vehicle per room, however additional parking is complimentary and available in our attached self park garage. Per Michigan Gaming Board regulations every casino patron must have a valid ID to enter. Unfortunately to comply with these regulations we can not admit someone with an expired or damaged identification. On sold out nights we only offer a limited number of late check outs due to the volume of turnover, these are given on a first come first serve basis. On occasion our casino services team does need to speak with hotel guests about a situation, these conversations must take place in the view of our surveillance team for security reasons. We make every effort to ensure discussions are short and do not disturb other guests; I apologize for any inconvenience this conversation may have caused. Our lost and found team is exceptional at returning found items to our guests; if item is recovered we immediately contact the guest with a claim number so they may pick up their lost item. Identification is required for pick up in order to ensure the item is going to the correct person. In the case of out of town guests we will ship the item to the guest, however we must speak with the registered guest as we can not provide any information about a reservation or items in a room to a person who is not registered in the hotel. This policy is for our patron’s privacy and security. Our valet entrance lane must be kept clear no matter how quickly a guest will be in the hotel. This is required by law as it is a fire lane. We do offer a convenient attached garage that may be parked in complimentary by all guests at all times for any business that a guest may need to attend to. We never wish for a guest to feel disappointed with their stay as we strive for excellence and always make effort to resolve any issue that may arise during a stay should we be informed. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and have reached out to you to make it right.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great value for the money, cool location in Central Detroit, adjacent to a neat little food street..the breakfast was decent, but they have a funny way of welcoming you! Pay first!!

Casino is decent, but don't expect Vegas crowds or comps!

• Stayed November 2012
We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Greektown Casino – Hotel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here last night on a business trip. I got a great rate and gave it a shot. I must say the staff was very service oriented. The food in Bistro 555 was pretty good. The prices were reasonable. I never made it to the casino but saw a lot of people in sweatpants headed that way. Yes, sweatpants. I guess gambling may work up a lather!

Overall, I thought it was a good value and a very good location for my meetings. Just wish they had a Starbucks on site. The facility is beginning to show it's age and could have been a little cleaner. I found a bobby pin next to my sink. Trust me, I have found worse in some other hotel rooms!

By the way, the mattress was fabulous. Very comfortable. A key for me.

I will stay with them again.

Room Tip: Ask for as high up as possible as there are some nice views at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are delighted that you stayed at Greektown Casino – Hotel for your recent business trip. Thank you for such high ratings. For your convenience we do serve Starbucks coffee in the Bistro 555 and will be opening our new Coffee House in the Casino for all of your specialty coffee needs! We look forward to sharing this new service with you the end December of 2012!
Sault Ste. Marie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Greektown Casino Hotel. We could not find the parking garage so went to valet. This worked out well since this was at the lobby of the hotel. The room was modern and very luxurious. The bedding was comfortable. We did not eat the hotel restaurants, however, as they were expensive. We ate at "Five Guys" and the "East End Zone" - very close to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. For your convenience Greektown Casino Hotel does have dining options to fit any budget. Bistro 555 is available for your fine dining experience as well as Shotz sports bar for a more casual experience. I hope this information will be helpful during your next stay with us. We look forward to providing you with another great experience soon!
Howell, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room while small, was very nice. I would stay here again on a great deal, but I'd play games at other casinos. Great view in the room, except for the filthy windows on the outside. Front desk staff was rude, plus the $100 PER NIGHT DEPOSIT was ridiculous. Worst of 4 casinos in the area. I'd put up with the rude staff for say, $40 per night.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Greektown Casino Hotel prides itself on the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guest. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit with us. I apologize for any frustration the incidental deposit may have caused as this is an industry standard to cover any additional charges that may occur during your time with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what Greektown Casino Hotel is all about in the future.

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!