“Chic Greek!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 East Lafayette Ave, Detroit, MI 48226   |
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Detroit
“Chic Greek!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great value for the money, cool location in Central Detroit, adjacent to a neat little food street..the breakfast was decent, but they have a funny way of welcoming you! Pay first!!

Casino is decent, but don't expect Vegas crowds or comps!

• Stayed November 2012
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate your positive review and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Greektown Casino – Hotel.

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here last night on a business trip. I got a great rate and gave it a shot. I must say the staff was very service oriented. The food in Bistro 555 was pretty good. The prices were reasonable. I never made it to the casino but saw a lot of people in sweatpants headed that way. Yes, sweatpants. I guess gambling may work up a lather!

Overall, I thought it was a good value and a very good location for my meetings. Just wish they had a Starbucks on site. The facility is beginning to show it's age and could have been a little cleaner. I found a bobby pin next to my sink. Trust me, I have found worse in some other hotel rooms!

By the way, the mattress was fabulous. Very comfortable. A key for me.

I will stay with them again.

Room Tip: Ask for as high up as possible as there are some nice views at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are delighted that you stayed at Greektown Casino – Hotel for your recent business trip. Thank you for such high ratings. For your convenience we do serve Starbucks coffee in the Bistro 555 and will be opening our new Coffee House in the Casino for all of your specialty coffee needs! We look forward to sharing this new service with you the end December of 2012!
Sault Ste. Marie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Greektown Casino Hotel. We could not find the parking garage so went to valet. This worked out well since this was at the lobby of the hotel. The room was modern and very luxurious. The bedding was comfortable. We did not eat the hotel restaurants, however, as they were expensive. We ate at "Five Guys" and the "East End Zone" - very close to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. For your convenience Greektown Casino Hotel does have dining options to fit any budget. Bistro 555 is available for your fine dining experience as well as Shotz sports bar for a more casual experience. I hope this information will be helpful during your next stay with us. We look forward to providing you with another great experience soon!
Howell, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room while small, was very nice. I would stay here again on a great deal, but I'd play games at other casinos. Great view in the room, except for the filthy windows on the outside. Front desk staff was rude, plus the $100 PER NIGHT DEPOSIT was ridiculous. Worst of 4 casinos in the area. I'd put up with the rude staff for say, $40 per night.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Greektown Casino Hotel prides itself on the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guest. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit with us. I apologize for any frustration the incidental deposit may have caused as this is an industry standard to cover any additional charges that may occur during your time with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what Greektown Casino Hotel is all about in the future.
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for the Detroit Marathon and our group rate was fabulous. Perfect location right in the heart of Greektown, close to the people mover and everything else. The parking garage was a nice luxury although it's a little tough to find. The view was amazing, our room was clean and very nice. Not huge by any means but absolutely perfect. I would stay here every time I come to Detroit if it wasn't for the normally high rates - true of all the nicer hotels though. Security to get up to the rooms is pretty tight but necessary because of the riff raff the casino attracts - the riff raff is the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars. I hope to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are honored that you choose to stay at Greektown Casino-Hotel and wish to do so again in the future. We are delighted that you had a great visit. Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Traveled to Detroit for the Lions first football game. Got picked by Towncar, right to Casino...check in was quick and easy. My room was on the 22nd floor overlooking the Downtown skyline...beautiful view. Was only a couple blocks from both Tiger Stadium and Ford Field....nice bars and restaurants in area also. The casino was awesome...gambling, live music and nice sports bar...a great stay for any event.

• Stayed September 2012
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Greektown Casino - Hotel. As you mentioned in your review, we are very proud to offer excellent service, a great location and unique dining outlets. We hope that you will return to Greektown on your next visit to Detroit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The Greektown Casino Hotel is my all time absolute favorite hotel to stay at for business or pleasure! What hotel can u stay at that you can go downstairs & you have multiple entertainment opportunities? This one! You have Greektown Casino, you have greektowns buffet from around the world, Bistro restaurant, gift shop, along with many other excellent restaurants & bar & grills that downtown greektown has to offer. The very minor detail that the hotel does not offer, is a swimming pool. If they had a pool, I'd vote 100% Excellent! In every aspect possible! They do not, so my vote is 90% Excellent! That is one of my personal options I require to receive a full 100% Excellence vote. If that's not one of yours, then I guarantee, get the suite & you'll be 100% satisfied! Good Luck & Have Fun!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel.

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!