“Great location with boutique rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Book Direct & Save!
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ontario, Canada
“Great location with boutique rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed here to watch a Detroit Red Wings game. The hotel room was boutique (AKA small) but very modern looking and comfortable. It was nice just to walk to the people mover for the game. The casino is very smoky so it was nice that the whole hotel is smoke free. We had the breakfast buffet which was very good in the hotel. Staff were very friendly - I checked out but left my coat in the room. One of the managers asked for the room number and where i left it and got my coat for me rather than wait in the long check out line. The only think missing is a pool/spa area but for the price of the room I would stay here instead of MGM or Motorcity.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CasinoHotel, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Greektown Casino - Hotel. We are very proud to offer excellent service, a great location and unique dining outlets. We hope that you will return to Greektown on your next visit to Detroit. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Clarkston, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed on a Saturday night. Not a gambler, just wanted to experience Detroit at night and Greektown seems to be the place to be. Bought a pkg that included breakfast buffet,DIA tickets and casino credit.. Upon check in was informed breakfast voucher not available on weekend. I asked her to dbl check that and she restated it was not part of the weekend pkg. I did not argue. When I got home I looked at package online to be sure I read it correctly and I had. Email to hotel got me a credit of $23 but was disappointed that I had not experienced the buffet. Room was average at best. Small. Basic ammenities - shampoo, lotion and conditioner, no robes or turndown service. Trays of dirty dishes lined the hallway. Given the price of the Saturday night stay ( $199.00) I did not feel this was a good value at all. It was definitely overpriced - catering to gamblers and sports fans who apparently don't mind over paying. If you are visiting the city I would recommend the Atheneum Suites Hotel - far nicer accomodations and same Greektown location. I would not stay here again.

Detroit, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Greektown Casino / Hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Detroit. It is an easy walk to all major venues. The hotel rooms are small, but clean and modern with a nice view of the city. There is no pool or fitness center. The casino has recently been remodeled; they have in my experience, the easisiest comps in Detroit.

Room Tip: Ask for a downtown view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CasinoHotel, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your review. We actually do have a fitness center, it is located on the hotels 7th floor and accessible to guests only by using their room key. It has many great features including state of the art cardio equipment, treadmills and elliptical machines. We also have balance balls, yoga mats and accessories, plenty of room for stretching, a water cooler, fresh towels and magazines. The room also has several 42' plasma TV's. Thanks again.
Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at your hotel on Oct. 10,2011 when my fiancé vincente was getting out of the shower he slipped and fell down bruising his knee. The water leaked from under the shower door and he hadn't noticed when he was stepping out. I let Ken know and the front desk as soon as it happened and it seemed like they didn't care they offered nothing to us to make us happy. I had to ask myself to make a report, then they sent up security.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CasinoHotel, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Please accept the following as a point of clarification to the situation that occurred:
• We asked you did your husband need medical attention as we have EMT’s on site 24 hours a day and you refused.
• You were given compensation for your inconvenience.
• I sent security up to assess the situation and get a statement. They in turn report this to our risk management department for our records.
• If you or anyone would like to discuss in further detail you can reach me at 313 223 2999 Ext 3213.
Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We recently went to a Charity event held at Joe Louis Arena. Decided to say overnight at this lovely hotel. Complimentary valet overnight parking was so convenient and safe. No line at check in. We were on the 23rd floor, overlooking Greektown and a partial view of the river. I liked how the bathroom sink was divided from the shower/toilet area. I could get ready while my husband was taking a shower...no foggy mirror!!

We hopped on the People Mover from the 3rd floor via the skywalk.....no need to walk outside.

Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
CasinoHotel, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino - Hotel.
Evart, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Don't go there if your last name is different than your husbands. While you can appreciate the discreation if you are entertaining/purchasing an escort. (Which is what they cater to apparently) My wife and I were on the last leg of our trip and booked there with 4 other couples convienent to Ford Field and atteneded the game. My wife went with her friends afterward forgot her rm key and was met with indifference, treated as if she were entreprenuer of the street walkers guild and denied access to our rm even though our addresses matched however our names did not. They wouldn't even let her get our vehicle that she possesed keys to. She then had to stay in one of our friends rooms. Their response was to dictate a policy that is not posted and to remind us that perhaps my wife could have been an unwanted guest to our room in case I was cheating on her. Yes we did pay 160.00 for the abillity to have our moral compass swayed if need be but not together. Policies need to be posted if resrictions apply. Stay at the Anthenium .Way better price, bigger rooms without the hassle and still nicely located to sporting events.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CasinoHotel, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. The Hotel has an affirmative duty, stemming from a guests rights of privacy and peaceful possession the only person(s) allowed to get a key to gain access to a guest room are the ones whose name is on the reservation. We can not allow unregistered and unauthorized third parties to gain access to a room regardless of family or marital status. Sorry for the inconvenience.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed for four nights in Oct 2011. We enjoyed the hotel a lot, it was a lovely safe and luxurious base from which to explore Detroit. If you get a corner room (ask on check in) you have windows on two sides of the room and have great views of downtown.

The Greektown area is a very touristy but lively and safe. Nearby the riverfront gives another pretty side of Motor City.

We went during a Tigers game and could see the stadium from our room, the atmosphere was electric.

The hotel has a good vibe, the staff were courteous and helpful.

The casino? Well, I'm not a casino aficionado but it was big, busy and seemed to have a variety of games plus a free soda machine.

The only negative for me was the sports bar downstairs which made the front lobby smell of fried food. Getting into the car park during a Tigers game was a nightmare too. But the view from the top floor of the car park is great!

We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your positive review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with our staff and our convenience to the downtown attractions. Please come back and visit us at Greektown Casino Hotel the next time you are in Detroit. Thanks again.

Been to Greektown Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!