Stayed at this hotel for one night. We needed to be near the Arena, and boy were we! We were impressed by the size of the room, the bathroom and the state of the bedroom area. Everything was clean, tidy and very comfortable. The cookies that that gave us were warm and chewy! Perfect for a sweet snack! Felt very safe walking down the streets back to the hotel at 3AM! Detoit gets a bad rap, not a scary city at all. The food at the hotel leaves much to be desired. The suggestion from the hotel was to actually go to Coney Island down the street, much to this food snob's shigrin, THEY SERVE HOT DOGS! No way, not on any day. Overall, good place to stay and I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful historic hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit. Enjoy our all suite hotel rooms. Just one block from the people mover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby Hotel Detroit
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Shelby