“Security supervisor won't admit he is wrong!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 71 Attractions in Detroit
Activities: Gambling, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: The ironic setting for the MGM Grand (a former IRS building) is only temporary; a permanent casino is to be built along the riverfront.
“Security supervisor won't admit he is wrong!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed at the MGM Detroit for hiring such a prejudiced and rude young man, Michael Milo(?) who told me that I was kicked out of the casino yet couldn't give me a date or tell me specifics of an alleged incident. I have been a noir patron of this establishment at least once a week for at least the past 11 years. The crazy thing is that they kicked me out after I lost over 6 hundred dollars of my money, not upon my entrance. I had been there for 5 hours, they couldn't provide me with any proof that an incident had occurred?!

Saginaw
6 attraction reviews
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I needed to get a way for a few hours. I went to the MGM. played table games. What a rip off. They dont have just black jack that have bonus tablesonly. and the dealers push you to play the bonus games I guess they get a cut. dealers are rude. I had a $15.00 free bet I won the hand and they took my bet slip which i dont understand. When I asked why did I jsut get me win and didnt get the Bet slip replace becuse i won. I was told to play a different game. Wow. Motor City here I come.

Visited September 2012
“Don't go to MGM, it's filthy, employees are RUDE, unless you spend 6 figures your complaints mean nothing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I have gone to MGM for over 13 years and have lost more money then I care to publish. I noticed when it relocated it "looked" nice but the quality of employees are the same. Rude, rude, rude!! I had a security robo cop who looked unhappy as heck probably due to his 500 lb. weight, yelling at me to cash my machine out because it was 6ish am and they shut areas down. I could not as the machine I was on (Cashman) was on a 20 free spin. He continued to tell, "cash out now, cash out now"! Maniac. I said I'm trying. The servers NEVER go by the slots to provide drinks, it smells, is dirty and machines are too tight. Take my advice go to Soaring Eagle in Mt. Pleasant it's night and day. MGM has seen the last of my wasted dollar. I will no longer go there again.

Detroit, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“2nd rate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

If I wanted to do this kind of thing, I'd go to the Vegas MGM. It just feels like you're settling when you go to a Detroit casino.

Livonia, Michigan
19 attraction reviews
“My favorite of the three”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

MGM is my preferred casino when I go downtown to lose some money. It is newer, cleaner, bigger and the slots seem to pay out a little more.

Visited July 2012