“Disappointed in the food and service” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
“Disappointed in the food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were pretty regular customers at the newest Bonyard on Hall Road in Sterling Heights before it closed last year. It was always a great meal and friendly service. We decided to meet a friend for her birthday at the Boneyard in Dearborn Heights last month. We aren't stangers to this site having ate there many, many times before. We were especially disappointed with the food that night. The ribs were dry and too well done. The sauce was watered down and pretty blan. The service was mediocre at best as they were all preoccupied with each other instead of attending to the customers. This was a Saturday night so you'd think that they would all be on "their game". I suppose everyplace has "bad days" but unfortunately it will be a long time before we return to try again. It just wasn't worth the drive from Clinton Township to get bad food and service

Visited October 2011

Lake Alfred, Florida
“GREAT BBQ RIBS...YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The BONE YARD was a favorite restaurant when I lived in Michigan. I returned to Michigan recently to visit friends and was eager to go to the BONE YARD again. It was a real joy! I almost always got " The Special"... BBQ Ribs, raw green onion, coleslaw, and homefries. YUM! I've had many other food selections over the years at this restaurant (and it's sister restaurant a few miles away) but I always return for the ribs! This trip it was no suprise...WONDERFUL AS ALWAYS!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

We have been going here for many years and we always leave having a good experience. Great food, friendly staff. A couple waitresses have been there for years and always make it a point to come say hello. We've gone here for birthday and special occasion dinners and they always accommodate us.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“VERY GOOD "DETROIT" STYLE WET/GRILLED RIBS. However, my personal favorite is the "Boneyard...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

VERY GOOD "DETROIT" STYLE WET/GRILLED RIBS. However, my personal favorite is the "Boneyard Burger". Order it BBQed / grilled and served on garlic toast. You will not leave hungry.

NeNe1111
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

I've eaten at the Farmington Hills and Livonia locations as well as Dearborn Heights. The DH location seems to have problems getting an order right. I had the ribs which were undercooked and fries which were overcooked and very hard. I requested the ribs well done and the fries soft.

Very disappointed since the other locations are so good!