“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

I stayed overnight, last minute. Easy and quick accommodations.Quiet and safe.This always important when I'm traveling alone. (Good experience for the price). Located in convenient downtown Dearborn. Big mall -(Fairlane Town Center)-and lots of shopping near by was a great plus!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Spring Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

We did not stay the place was a dump! Unsavory characters in the lobby & surroundings. Smokey, dirty carpet, & rundown condition! Everything was very confining from elevator to hallways, & lobby. The surroundings like parking lot were seemingly unsafe- that area fencing from the public should be a must- not safe to walk or park!

Room Tip: Just don't stay in this place- not a good family environment! We ended up at a DoubleTree for t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dawlat K, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, responded to this review, December 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your current stay at our location. I understand that the rooms are on the small side, the building was built in the 1800's, so there is a lot of history here. As far as the dirty carpet and the smell of smoke I will address the staff members about this. The area here is also very safe for parking and walking.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there one night in October 2014 when my furnace went out. It was an average stay. The room was small and average looking, but comfortable. The water was hot and the service when I needed a remote control delivered to the room and the heater checked was prompt. I would stay again if need be.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We try very hard to meet the needs of all our guests. If you are in need of another room please feel free to come back.
Orange
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

I was not happy with this property. It looked OK from inside. I had a room on fourth floor with two queen beds, for 3 nights. I know the price was not bad so I didn't expect too much. But this was one of the worst i ever experienced:
*Carpet was extremely dirty
*Both sinks didn't work well. Not enough water coming out.
*Not enough hot water during peak hours
* Room air conditioner didn't work
*Opened one window to cool room down but no insect screen. Other window could not open
* There were little flying insects or mosquitoes biting all over my body. I had to buy insect spray and get prescription cortisone to stop itchiness for the remaining 2 nights.
*We didn't eat breakfast at the Inn. It was nothing to speak of.
* It was close to Henry Ford Museum, and it is relatively safe because it is in Dearborn, MI and close to the City Hall.

Room Tip: I had reasonable good experience with Amer. Best value Inns before. This was one of the worst. Wil...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry about your bad stay. We as a whole staff are working very hard to get this hotel on the up side of things. We have already replaced the missing screens, as well as other needed areas needed tended to. If ever you are in the area again please give our location another try.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

This hotel is a **** show. The neighbor offered me a hit of his weed and the service is horrible. I didn't feel safe there and the tv is 30 years old. Bring some electrical tape with you cause all the wires were cut. Bring a gas mask as well cause it smells like sex and weed. The door to the room was broke. The tv was broke, and the light was broke. The walls were torn and there were holes in the wall. If you can get around all that then good luck. I paid for the place. Walked in the door and left within a hour.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear Guest,
As mentioned in other reviews we are working vigorously with our staff regarding the mishaps that do turn up. Our TV's have been upgraded for your convenience. The area is very safe. I'm not sure what certain smells smell like, but I do apologize for any you encountered.
If you are ever in the Dearborn area please feel free to try our location again to better suit you.
Interlochen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I didn't read the TripAdvisor reviews until after I'd booked. Bad move. I won't do that again. I did not have an issue with the location. I've always stayed in other parts of Detroit and wanted to explore more in this neighborhood. I'm normally not all that picky when it comes to my expectations for a hotel this cheap. But...

We arrived and saw a building that looked like a disaster. It looked like quite a few of the window air conditioner units had been ripped (or fallen) out. We went inside and it looked pretty bad, definitely not clean. The hotel did not have our reservations and they told me I couldn't get the ABVI member's special rate because I didn't have the card on my person (I had just signed up for the membership when I made the reservations 2 weeks earlier and had not yet received the card in the mail). No one had warned me of this beforehand. They were not friendly. They were not helpful. If anyone is even thinking of staying here, I echo the other bad reviews.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I do not understand by looks like a disaster, our building is very old and historic on the inside as well as the outside. No A/C units have ever fallen out of any windows here. I would also like to apologize about the rude behavior from the hotel staff.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

You get what you pay for. We used because it was a cheap alternative compared to other hotels around. No breakfast like the pictures showed. No close restaurants. Old, worn down rooms. We asked about an upgrade like our Americas Best Value membership promised, but she did not know what we were talking about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry the breakfast was not up to standard, as we are under new management we are working toward more variety, As far as the ABVI membership up grade if there was in fact an upgraded room you should have been given it. In the downtown Dearborn area there is plenty of nearby restaurants close in proximity for walking as well.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn? Share your experiences!