“Thanks for nothing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
Interlochen
“Thanks for nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I didn't read the TripAdvisor reviews until after I'd booked. Bad move. I won't do that again. I did not have an issue with the location. I've always stayed in other parts of Detroit and wanted to explore more in this neighborhood. I'm normally not all that picky when it comes to my expectations for a hotel this cheap. But...

We arrived and saw a building that looked like a disaster. It looked like quite a few of the window air conditioner units had been ripped (or fallen) out. We went inside and it looked pretty bad, definitely not clean. The hotel did not have our reservations and they told me I couldn't get the ABVI member's special rate because I didn't have the card on my person (I had just signed up for the membership when I made the reservations 2 weeks earlier and had not yet received the card in the mail). No one had warned me of this beforehand. They were not friendly. They were not helpful. If anyone is even thinking of staying here, I echo the other bad reviews.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

You get what you pay for. We used because it was a cheap alternative compared to other hotels around. No breakfast like the pictures showed. No close restaurants. Old, worn down rooms. We asked about an upgrade like our Americas Best Value membership promised, but she did not know what we were talking about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is located in one of the most run down parts of Detroit. We had to drive MILES to find a civilized restaurant. It looks like a war zone. There were holes in walls, bathroom door would lock you in, bed not properly made (blamed on maintenance people), floors on slant, tv at least 20 feet from bed (long room), curtains falling from rod.

• Stayed June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This place is dirty. I am not someone who really worries too much about that - but this place surpassed even the worst hotel I have ever been in.
Also one of the beds was so broken - my buddy looked like her was on a hammock. The bed drooped. If this bed was in a movie - it would be a slapstick.
Also the range of repugnant smells turned my stomach.
This is a just terrible value. it is one of the more expensive hotels I have stayed at and one of the worst.

Room Tip: Avoid this place is the best tip.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dawlat K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We are very sorry that you found our hotel dirty. This is absolutely not acceptable to us and we assure you that we have shared your comments with our entire staff to correct this problem. Please come back and try us again to see that your experience is not the norm. Thank you
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Every negative thing that was mentioned above is true. Plus pubic hair on the bathroom floor, blood stains on the carpet in the room. One of the four lights in the room work. Didn't even want to write a review, dreading having to even think about this place again. Also one last note, I plugged in my for charger and sparks actually shot out of the outlet. Fire hazardous? I think so! Wish I could post pictures to prove all I have said.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had always wonder why is was never available . And now I know why . I had never felt so confortable and yet still be able to make it a temporary place to lay my head after a dueling schedule . And the rooms , the building itself . Is a surprise . But when you think about it . The houses on / in that block makes it a special place to be . . Makes it looks like a normal place to live . not just for a weekend either. it's not just for busy travelers either .. And that's a plus .

Room Tip: THAT HE , THE MANAGER offers it for 150 DOLLARS A WEEK . AND you can call him PERSONALLY . regardles...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is in an area with a lot of closed business and not close to convenient food. When we got there it felt a little sketchy the entrance door didn't shut and there was a man sleeping in the lounge area with cigarets next to him. There were no smoking signs but this place smelled of smoke and when we got to our room there was ashes all over the table. Speaking of the room there was some pink goo on the walls, toilet paper in the toilet, and the sink had not been cleaned. Granted the bed and towels were seemingly clean. It was very cheap compared to other accommodations in the area but in retrospect I think I would have rather had a clean room with out the sketchy people hanging around, I didn't feel safe. The staff wasn't rude but they weren't friendly either so we didn't bother dealing with them. The rooms were small as well.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn? Share your experiences!