“Very nice, upscale hotel great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
London, Canada
“Very nice, upscale hotel great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay very much, food at the lobby restaurant was delicious at a far price, rooms were very nicely appointed, the staff are very attentive and sincere.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Lafayette, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Superior customer service! The best staff. Great location. Great food. Take a moment to fill out the "certificates" of recognition for the employees. We were greeted by the front desk every afternoon that we returned. Diana was especially helpful and basically had "all the answers".
The doorman was very personable and gave us good advice on restaurants...Buddy's Pizza!!!
My wife and I also enjoyed the art collection.
20 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes to The Henry Ford.
Thanks to The Henry for a pleasant and memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've stayed at The Henry several times on business and always had a consistently positive experience. The staff exhibit a high level of professionalism and are genuinely friendly and eager to help. Rooms are well-appointed and clean, and the beds are very comfortable. Food in the restaurant is pretty good and it's a nice environment in which to relax. The club floor offers a good selection for breakfast, complimentary snacks and newspapers - it's nice to be able to run in and grab a bottle of water or soda if you get thirsty. One thing that sets this Marriott apart is the original artwork throughout the lobby and public areas of the hotel, which is nice to spend some time viewing if you've got some time to kill. There's a small shop onsite that sells sundries. Conference facilities are very good, and their catering is excellent. The Henry is within close driving distance to the terrific Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village; Ford Estate on tis he other side of the neighboring Fairlane mall. You can walk to the mall from the hotel across a vast, sprawling, empty parking lot if you want. Other than that, there's nothing in the area to walk to - even the nearby Hyatt seems like it's miles away. Due to its isolation, you really do need to have a car, or be there for an onsite meeting or business meeting at a nearby company. I found wifi to be a bit on the weak side but probably due to the sheer number of people trying to access it during a large conference. The workout center is also quite small - rather than use one of the uninviting wall-facing treadmills, I opted to go outside. Anyway, if you're there for business or a specific purpose, I think it's a great hotel. I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway though - just too isolated for my taste.

Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here after getting a nice deal from Hotwire. I believe the hotel was re-branded from Ritz-Carlton to The Henry, Autograph Collection. The room was clean, linens soft and mattress comfortable. It took us less than ten minutes to get to the Henry Ford Museum. There is plenty of art to view throughout the hotel which was an added bonus. We didn't use any of the ammenities such as the fitness center or pool so I'm only rating the hotel on the room, restaurant and service. Self-parking was free although I was quite surprised at the valet's behavior. We pulled up to the front door and I was getting ready to exit the car to grab the luggage in order to register. The valet asked if we wanted valet parking and I said no, but thank you. He grabbed my partially-open door and slammed it shut, pointing us to the self-park area and blocking my exit from our car. I snapped my foot back into the car just in time as he didn't seem to care that my leg was already out of the car! He stood there and wouldn't let me get out of the car to bring my luggage inside. I was shocked, so I said nothing and my husband drove around to the self-parking area. This was the only reason I rated this hotel four instead of five stars. This really is inexcusable although everyone has a bad day now and then. That aside, we did eat in the hotel's restaurant and enjoyed the food very much. We had the hummus appetizer, salad, cheese burger and two different risotto dishes. The mushroom risotto in particular was my favorite dish. The servings were very large which made the prices reasonable. I would definitely stay here again although I would not accept the valet's behaviour a second time (and am surprised at myself for accepting it last time). I believe the Hotwire rate was around eighty dollars and was well worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

What a pleasure it is to stay at a beautiful and well run property. The staff is friendly, polished, professional and well trained. My room was tastefully decorated and equipped with one of the most comfortable king size beds I have slept on at a hotel in years. If other hotels want to see how to improve their level of service and just the overall experience of a hotel guest they may want to spend a couple of nights at The Henry.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed here often for business, mainly because the location is convenient and close to my customer. For most business travelers I would say The Henry is of an acceptable quality. Here is my personal breakdown.

On the plus side:
- Visually appealing place. I like the artwork on the walls throughout the hotel. This gives the hotel a warm, boutique kind of feel.
- Good food and room service menu.
- The concierge lounge is comfortable and the service is generous, which is much appreciated as a frequent traveler.

Cons:
- The exercise room is lacking, sort of an afterthought. This is the deal-breaker for me. There is only one elliptical machine and when it’s not occupied it’s either broken or not working well. They need to either upgrade the exercise room or offer free passes to Bally’s at the mall nearby.
- The key reader in the elevator doesn’t work well. Sometimes it takes five swipes and by then the elevator has gone past my floor. Frustrating.
- Wireless Internet access is extremely slow. So slow it’s almost useless.
- The TV channel listing has TBS (my default channel when there’s nothing else on) but it looks like TBS was actually swapped out for some worthless cable channel like Bravo. Can’t watch my BBT reruns here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The Henry has maintained the highest of hotel standards without being pretentious. The staff is professional and friendly. The hotel was built as a Ritz Carlton so the rooms are completely quiet. The hotel uses luxury linens with Rusk toiletries. The hotel is home to a Park West Gallery so colorful art is throughout the public and private rooms.

Dearborn is a good location for the entire metro area. We were able to easily drive downtown as well as Grosse Point.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!