“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Dearborn
Slidell, La
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here for two nights at the end of a long road trip and were very pleasantly surprised! This hotel is really beautiful and is surrounded by lush landscaping and acres of grounds. We had a large,clean, very nicely decorated room with a big flat screen tv and large bathroom. The staff were very welcoming and accomodating. The hotel has a lot of history and its fun to go around and read about everything that's happened there. You can walk to the Henry Ford museum, but you do have to cross a busy street. There are 3 restaurants in the complex, two of which seemed a little pricey. However, we felt that we got such a good price for the quality room that we got that we didn't mind paying a little more on food. We would definently stay here again

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My wife and two younger kids 5 and 8 stayed here for a weekend trip visiting family in the area. The location placed us no more than 10 mins away from all of our family members which was really nice. The hotel has a colonial ambiance balanced with modern luxuries. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were quite large. The rooms have a multimedia panel in the wall directly above the desk, which allows you to connect all sorts of devices (iphone, video camera etc,) to the large flat screen TV and speakers. They did have some issues going on with their broadband provider which caused internet access in the rooms to be extremely slow and problematic. The front desk staff however were very understanding and offered to remove all the internet access charges. My daughter lost one of her toys in the on site restaurant during brunch. Imagine our surprise when the day after we arrived back home, we received a package via FedEx from the hotel, with the toy in it!! Awesome service. We'll be back for sure!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Northeast Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Dearborn Inn. Our expectations were high, based on its reputation of grandeur. It was a lovely hotel, and the main public spaces were, indeed, grand as you might expect. That said, I was not overly impressed with the standard room. Because I recently suffered an injury, we requested a handicapped accessible room. This made for a larger bathroom, but smaller room. Handicapped access inside the bedroom was good. However, a major issue I had with the bathroom was that the the tile floor was extremely slippery (almost greasy) at all times, and my rubber-tipped crutches slid all over the place - a huge hazard for a person with mobility issues, and actually quite scary. Also, although it was the height of summer, the beds were covered with thick feather duvets - no lighter blanket offered inside the room (although we did not call and request one). I found the bed to be overly firm, although some may prefer that, as did my husband. It was not a luxurious mattress - sheets were standard, towels were actually rather rough. Wireless access was $13 a day so we did not purchase. The parking area for handicapped spots was quite a distance from any door; however, a wheelchair was provided for our use during the entire visit.

Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

You'll be living history while staying at the Dearborn Inn. We choose the hotel due to it's location very near the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village. We were impressed with the property, building and staff from the moment we arrived. If at all possible, I HIGHLY recommend staying in one of the "colonials" that are right behind the main building. We had a two room suite (w 2 full baths) and all the space you could ask for. I cannot overstate what a great stay we had. In fairness, the internet connections were a little slow but they are in the process of replacing the system and removed all charges when I asked if there was a problem with the access.

Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed at the Dearborn inn on july 26th with my wife and two year old son. After a long day at greenfield village we were worn out and ready to relax. Check in was a breeze and we even got upgraded to a colonial home just for asking!!! The colonial home we stayed in resembeled a bed and breakfast as it had three "Hotel rooms" in the house. Our room was spacious enough and we really enjoyed aeting or breakfast in a semi private porch. The hotel grounds were very nice and the pool was large and refreshing. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and plan on staying again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at the Dearborn Inn for three nights while attending a tradeshow at the Henry Ford Museum. I selected it because it's within walking distance to the facility - about two or three blocks - a 10 minute walk, tops. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the more negative reviews, but I was absolutely THRILLED with my experience. The hotel is quaint and charming - older, but you get a historic feel, not the impression that it is run down. PROS: The front desk staff was warm, welcoming and helpful - arranging cabs, wake up calls, etc. My room was spotless and very large. They have a complimentary shuttle that drives within a three-mile radius so you don't even have to walk to the Henry Ford. The beds are INSANELY comfortable - not temperapedic, but similar. CONS: The only real con about this hotel is that the doors do close relatively loudly. It doesn't shake the entire hallway when someone closes his/her door but if it's right across the hall it can be a little annoying - especially if that person is going in and out numerous times. Other than that, the noise level was exceptionally low and I didn't hear a peep from any of the surrounding rooms. My bathroom was also a little on the small side, but since I was traveling solo, it didn't really have much of an impact. Overall I thought this hotel was charming and reasonably priced. The grounds are clean and well manicured. The staff is helpful and friendly. I can't say I loved Dearborn, but I can say I loved the Dearborn Inn and would absolutely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

This hotel looks like a colonial inn located in Williamsburg or some other Virginia colonial center. The lobby is beautifully decorated and our room had a cozy feel. The grounds are outstanding and there are some neat looking cottages on the grounds designed to look like famous Americans' homes. The pool area was lovely and ther is even a nice gazebo with benches to sit on. The only negatives were the double beds were hard to adapt to when traveling with the family and our server at breakfast was adamant that we could not take our leftover muffin from the breakfast buffet with us. We ignored him but were put out as it's not like we loaded up a huge plate of food. Aside from that, our stay was terrific.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!