“Ok hotel...bad weekend to be there (October 16-17, 2010)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit

You added Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit to your Saves list
Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Town Center Drive, Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI 48126-2793 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Dearborn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Ok hotel...bad weekend to be there (October 16-17, 2010)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The reviews of this property are fair. It does indeed have a nice lobby. Rooms are ordinary but decent. They have not been updated in several year. But they are comfortable. It may not be fair to judge on home standards of clean...but the telephone spoke volumes about the detail to cleaning..definitely C-.

Water is indeed $5 for a bottle in room! And I refused to pay the absorbent internet connection charge. Front desk service was nice but not empowered to impact customer service. It was a nice touch as well to be able to print my boarding pass from the lobby. Had room service...it was a bit later than they estimated. And the next night I got the exact same food to go at the bar area...but it was not consistent with the night before. I'm sure it's no big deal...but I wasn't sure why I didn't get my assorted berries on my chocolate cake...lol.

I was able to get an ok rate on a third party site...and this would be the only way I would ever return. The real downer was that that weekend there was a youth hockey tournament so there were children running up and down the halls and slamming doors most of the evening. I was safe...but it certainly wasn't my most restful stay. Front desk said they'd be happy to check me out...but could not help me with any portion of a refund.

Again...for a great rate...you can make this place work.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
ontario,canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

always enjoy our stays at this Hyatt. We as a family stay here a few times a , for various conventions. We are close enough to drive home, however we enjoy how it has begun to feel like home in some ways. we are well looked after. If we have ever needed anything all we have to do is talk to the front desk and it is looked after as soon as it can be ! The restaurants are open at a very convenient time ( early am) and the food late at night is very good as well. Our children enjoy the pool but it would be nice it it was larger.
What we do miss as a family is staying on the top floor and not having the regency club lounge opened . We found it very family friendly to have a space where we could have a quick bite to eat, get something to drink and lounge in a comfortable spot instead of always having to be in the room. Please bring it back, especially on the weekends, it was well worth the extra money to have that convenience for our family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010 via mobile

Service was excellent. Great location: close to airport, mall across parking lot, jogging trails, near Henry Ford mansion and Dearborn Village. Service very responsive to a few minor problems: hair on bathroom floor, phone cord out, sink faucet loose, etc. Room furnishings good but starting to show age. Use the nearby Ballys in the mall for 10 dollars. I didn't have a car but never felt trapped. Hyatts offer give free toothpase, a nice extra.Food was great and bar prices were reasonable.

• Stayed October 2010
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Nice lobby. The room was just an ordinary hotel room - comfortable and clean. Crazy to charge $5 for a bottle of water in the room! The internet connection at this hotel requires an extra fee. It was not free in the lobby. Hotel is right next door to the mall and PF Changs. If I get the hotel at a dirt cheap rate I would stay again. Other than that, there are too many options in the Detroit area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel has a magnificent lobby. Large, airy, spacious. Contemporary furniture. The lighting has sort of an art deco thing going. In the center of the hotel there is a circle of glass elevators running up and down, and landing behind enclosures made of decorator glass. Very elegant. I usually stay in the Marriott chain, and those hotels are nice enough. I haven't stayed with Hyatt in a long time. Perhaps they're all this pretentious? The room was an ordinary hotel room. Comfortable. Clean. No issues with my stay. My question is: Why is it, that when you pay more for a hotel that less is included in the price? The internet connection at this hotel requires an extra fee. Bottled water in the room had a price tag on it, of $5/bottle.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
sidney, ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Our family of 3 stayed here during Labor Day Weekend for a convention. When we arrived we were told that all rooms are non-smoking but our first room smelled terribly like smoke and my husband who is terribly allergic started sneezing. Our second room was given to us late and we had to be at a function right afterwards so we left our luggage and ran to the convention room for activities. When we returned I found the toilet seat and lid sprinkled with feces. When I Iooked up at the light switch in the bathroom, I found something that looked very similar smeared there. Having a young child, I travel with antibacterial wipes and quickly cleaned all of it up. When I tried to tell the front desk about it, they apologized about any inconvenience and promised that the head of housekeeping would contact us. My husband beeing the big softie accepted 3 coupons for breakfast the following morning as an appeasement. We visited the Guiglio establishment and were treated very poorly by the hostess. There were plenty of tables available, but she said that 2 other parties were ahead of waiting for a table. When I talked to the 2 parties outside sitting on couches, neither of them were waiting for a table. When another couple walked in, they were greeted altogether differently than we were and were welcomed to a table right away. I found our treatment altogether unacceptable. Most offensive was the cleanliness of the bathroom. From the feces on the toilet and light switch, to the orange mold growing all over the celing of the shower, I would never stay at this hotel again. I have asked our decision makers for our yearly convention never to choose this place again. I have NEVER encountered this kind of dirtiness! I would suggest you do the same!

• Stayed August 2010
HyattRegencyDearborn, Manager at Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations and wanted you to know that your comments have been passed along to the appropriate department leaders. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel as well as providing exceptional service for all guests.

We hope the next time your travels bring you to Dearborn you will allow us an opportunity to demonstrate the level of service and accommodations that the Hyatt Regency Dearborn is known for.

Hyatt Regency Dearborn
Detroit, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here after bidding for a 4* on Priceline and winning this hotel for a great price. If you can get it at a great price, it is definitely worth it. It is conveniently located - Henry Ford & Greenfield Village, downtown Dearborn, several restaurants and the mall are all nearby.

Our room & bathroom were clean, we had enough space, the decor was non-offensive. Some people said that the hotel needs updates, but our room was fine.

One thing that I wouldn't recommend is the breakfast at Giulo & Sons (on site). The buffet is $16pp. To order off the menu ... items were ~$12 and coffee was $3, so it only made sense to go with the buffet. There was plenty to eat and it was ok, but nothing special. Wish I had known about a good spot in Dearborn for breakfast. I am sure a coney island would have offered something better at half the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit? Share your experiences!