“Some good, some lacking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit

You added Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit to your Saves list
Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Town Center Drive, Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI 48126-2793 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Dearborn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
“Some good, some lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We traveled with a large group and the hotel was very helpful in many ways. They provided us
with a great meeting room which we were able to lock and helped us arrange a banquet that greatly exceeded expectations. The sales person was very responsive with us during planning.

However, we did have some issues with front desk (getting packages delivered and handling pre-arranged refrigerators) and housekeeping. It seemed we never had enough towels although the hotel was aware of the number of people in our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Hotel needs a renovation. Ran out of towels and could not replenish rooms or pool area. Revived charges from rooms service when we did not order anything. Staff is friendly but was understaffed for amount of people checking in over the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014
Honeoye Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel was impressive. The on site restaurant was top notch albeit a little pricey. Carpets were well worn and thread bare in places. The Grand Ballroom for two days was so cold that jackets or sweaters were necessary. I thought charging $5 for a pint box of water in the room was tacky. Most hotels provide free bottled water to guests at least on request.

In summary Adoba was a luxury hotel needing updating and some change to customer friendly policies. A good value for the money

Room Tip: Choose a room in upper floors. They were larger.
Green Features: Practices of hotel would be considered to be environmentally friendly
Georgetown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked directly though the hotel several weeks in advance but upon entering our room I discovered our family of 5 did not get the large 800sf room that we had booked but instead were given a standard double. I went back to the front desk and was given the option of a bigger room, but one that did not offer a view of the evening fire works. I inspected it first and as it appeared to be the same size as the one we were already in, I decided to keep the first small room and ordered a cot to give us more sleeping options. Front desk staff did not care about the mix up or the inconvenience it caused us, not once did they every apologize for the error but instead offered 3 different reasons for the error. The first being that several of the larger rooms were out of service due to maintenance issues, then I was told that this hotel overbooks rooms and that it is on a first come first served on the larger rooms, and then perhaps Triple A made the error on the booking. I am a Canadian and don't even have Triple A, so that was wrong too. In the end they gave me a take it or leave it option. So we ended up in the smaller room which they wanted me to pay the same rate for as the larger room which I had booked and didn't get. Finally they offered the rate of $99.00 which was still higher than if I had of just booked that small room in the first place. I wouldn't have been so mad and frustrated if someone had of just said "I apologize", or "I am sorry for your trouble". Grrrrr... Other than that, we found dried banana in the dresser drawer, and our ice bucket was full of water. For a hotel that prides itself on being "green", where are the recycle bins for the room and the low flush toilets? Also if you have an iPad, you will not have internet service in the room. Although they advertise that there is WIFI, it only works if you have a lap top. We had to sit out by the elevators to get any service. While sitting there I met 3 other families who were very upset about their reservations, I can only hope they use this forum to rate this hotel. Maybe if enough people complain management will be forced to deal with these problems.

Room Tip: We had room 1006 which had great viewing of the fireworks for the July 4th holiday.
Green Features: I didn't see any evidence of this. Toilets seem to use 13L to flush, and no in room recycling. Only 3 towels per room would force families to share wet towels I guess that would count.
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family and I were very upset by the end of our stay. We had gotten what we thought was a good deal online, however 40.00 would be too much. The room was so dusty when we arrived I had to take an allergy pill. The next morning when leaving for a day, there was a large dead dog wrapped in the hotel's shower curtain that my eight year saw and has not stopped talking about. The air conditioner did not work 1/2 the time. My husband and I addressed all of these issues with the staff each time we had a problem. Each time they said it would be taken care of. They did remove the dog, however other issues continued. The largest disappointment was that not one staff asked how our stay was, our day was, or if any improvements could be made. We will never stay at this or any Adoba ever!!!

Green Features: The only thing "green" about this hotel is that it hasn't been redecorated in 10 years so nothing was added to the landfill.
Ada, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Thought I was getting a deal on this 4-5 star property and excited to share it with the kids. Nope. Looks like a group trying to make the most of this through a supposedly green experience, but with so many carpet stains in the hallway and obvious bangs and scrapes on furniture, etc., it is not kept up. The location is excellent by the mall, the rooms are quiet, it is fine but only if you get it through hotels.com or some other cheap experience. I would not pay more then $100 per night here. I love the Dearborn Inn by Marriott for quaint, charming atmosphere, but it can be pricey. This is fine if you are thinking 3 star hotel packaged in a 4 star lobby and exterior. That's where the 4 star ends. Pool is small, not like it looks in the pictures, but my daughter thought it looked cool because it was circular when we arrived. The kids liked the cool elevators. The breakfast buffet was very nice at the hotel and worth the price. And the location to the mall was excellent. But when I paid $180 for what I thought would be a large suite, I was very disappointed. Front desk did credit the first room to hotel.com pricing, but still stuck with second room that was simply overpriced. I reported the lack of bathroom cleaning to the hotel. It wasnt awful, but it wasnt thorough, and I never report cleaning so that should say something. I'll stop rambling now, for a three star, it is fine, perhaps even unique for the kids, but careful what you pay.

Room Tip: Don't splurge on the bigger rooms, not worth it.
Montpelier Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A massive hotel, the Adoba was fully booked during our stay. We enjoyed a largely positive experience including wonderfully comfortable beds, a spacious foyer, and above average food options. The pool area is quite nice as well and the children in our party took advantage of it one evening. --One unhappy note, the individual who handled our check-in did not give us our breakfast tickets. We did not realize the omission. Next morning, we were greeted with unpleasant attitude by the persons overseeing the breakfast line and sent back down to the front desk to acquire the necessary tickets. This also happened to six others in our party. When I pointed this out to the breakfast staff, they were entirely indifferent to our trouble and inconvenience. Our party was on a very tight schedule during our stay. The breakfast delay was unwelcome.

Green Features: These practices, while highly touted on the hotel's web site, are not particularly in evidence to the average visitor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit? Share your experiences!