“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit

You added Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit to your Saves list
Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Town Center Drive, Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI 48126-2793 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Dearborn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, United States
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had been a frequent guest several years ago when this hotel was a Hyatt . It could use some upgrades now, though. But, I had a good stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. I was pleased with the service I received. The rooms are nice and comfortable. THis hotel is convenient to Fairlane as well. I would return again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Wakeman, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband was at the Adoba for 2 wk biz training. I went along for a vacation and spent a lot of time at the hotel.

Housekeeping: scrupulously trustworthy, quick, thorough, very personable and efficient.

Giulio's Restaurant (2nd floor): service top-notch (every waitress/waiter/greeter); breakfast buffet, a king's feast; food quality, fabulous (including organic selections - even for the children's menu); special personal attention to preferences of dining customers.

Comfort: We stayed 12 nights. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. Neither my husband nor I ever got one backache or sore joint, At home, I spend many nights awake from my husband's snoring. HOW SHOCKED I WAS - HE NEVER SNORED ONCE!!! We slept together without one sleepless night. I wish I knew where they purchased that mattress because now that we are home again, the snoring has resumed. I never thought a bed could affect snoring.

Quickly changing gears here, can you picture a magnificently spacious hotel lobby? The front desk is adequately staffed with four. Now imagine 2 bus-loads of guests arriving, Add in to that, the normal hustle-bustle of current guests with questions, needing help, or leaving.

As for me? I had checked out about an hour earlier and was sitting in a chair off to the side waiting for my husband to return from his final day of training, where we had agreed to meet and start the journey back home to Ohio.

Suddenly I overheard a loud, booming voice. I witnessed an abusive, unreasonable guest (in my opinion), who had just arrived and was demanding his room NOW, though he was more than two hours early checking in and check-in time is very clearly stated in the hotel policy info.

I was struck by the level of professionalism I saw in the receptionist attempting to serve him. I, work in a public service position as well, so I was quite impressed with her character and how calmly and respectfully she diffused the situation.

There is much I could say in admiration of this establishment, many incidents of the outstanding service we experienced on the part of the Adoba staff. It all sums up to being a great hotel. I hope I get another opportunity to return soon.

bcm - one happy traveler

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Inkster, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My sons birthday was the weekend of May the 2sd .We got a room so that a few of his friends could come up and swim ! We checked in about 4pm ,the kids stayed in the pool till 9pm. They had a blast , the hotel staff was VERY friendly,the room was clean and comfortable. The next
morning we enjoyed breakfast in Giulios and our sever Nancy was thee best .LDG

• Stayed May 2014
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I usually book at Doubletree Dearborn, this time a switch to Adoba and do not regret, location is great walking distance to the mall, rooms are good, the hotel does. It look as old as some say, lack of signals is my only complain, breakfast was great!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Its a good hotel with great view. Just near the shopping mall so its easier to do something at night if you are bored. Stuffs seems very friendly. We ordered the breakfast in the morning and it was great. The pool is small but nice. There's a small coffee shop in the lobby and the lady in the store seems friendly. Will visit again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Staff had hands full with "thousands" of women with jangling nerves as we met and performed in Contest last weekend. We had very exacting judge to impress, lots of nervous energy,not always aimed kindly and a craziness that happened when women all get together. . I witnessed some things that were born of short tembers and nerves. I wanted to tell the staff, YOU ARE WONDERFUL. I had such a great long weekend. Thank you.

I particularly want to mention Nancy P. server last Saturday night. Our group was invited to join a group that already had reservations at Giulios', They had pre-ordered their meals. Our ladies were not aware that those things not been done yet for us. Some gals got a little cranky. But Nancy got busy taking beverage orders and kindly explained that she was happy to take care of us. Meals were ordered, extra things were asked for, she was so warm and skilled. She was running and keeping every one happy and I wanted to let you know you have a valuable employee. I know the tip was included in the meal's price, but besides that and a cash tip, I wanted to let her know she was great. Please pass this information on to her. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ok place for the price
Relatively clean
Free parking
Very close to the mall and restaurants
Short drive to warren avenue
Short drive to downtown Detroit

But definitely the place needs to be updated and cleaned up a bit ... Its like time has stayed still since the place changed its name from the Hyatt

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit? Share your experiences!