“Pretty good but it's not Hyatt for long” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit

You added Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit to your Saves list
Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Town Center Drive, Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI 48126-2793 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Dearborn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
GreenLeadersGold level
Crested Butte, Colorado
“Pretty good but it's not Hyatt for long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

A nice huge hotel across the highway from Ford's office in Dearborn. 15 min from MGM casino downtown and 15 min from the airport. A good hotel with a really tiny bar. A nice huge hotel across the highway from Ford's office in Dearborn. 15 min from MGM casino downtown and 15 min from the airport. A good hotel with a really tiny bar.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

So everyone keeps posting that they hate the Wifi charge. Totally understandable....I mean McDonald's has it free...come on, Hyatt!!!

However, the common misconception I've been seeing is: "I have never been charged for WIFI at any 4 star property I stay at!"

I have stayed at several 4 and 5 star properties worldwide....Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, etc. and have always been charged for wifi at their 4+ star properties. There are always company rates that sometimes include it. I know when I visit my Uncle in Cali I stay at his Ford rate and that gets free wifi, but whenever I stay at a standard rate there is *always* a charge. Full service, 4 star hotels charge for --EVERYTHING--.....it is literally the price for the service you are expected to receive at these sort of properties.

Crazy enough, this hotel charges less for wifi than I've been charged for at others in the area....9.95 for 24 hours with no tax, whereas the Dearborn Inn and Henry charge 13.75 + tax for one day of internet. Not even sure if they do 24 hour period...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Clarkston, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Arrived here late at night while at a nearby sports tournament with my young son after getting a very good last minute rate from Hotwire. For whatever reason, the chatty desk clerk (I was tired, so not in the mood for a marketing pitch) decided to tell us why in this day and age
they charge $9.95 a day for wireless (for GREAT I-T support!) and why they're apparently the last major hotel chain on the planet that hasn't plopped down money for digital flat screen TVs (people don't come to hotels like the Hyatt to watch TV) though watching the last half of a major college football game my son and I ran to the hotel to finish on an analog 15 year old TV set was a big time disappointment. He probably didn't think that people on Saturday during football season wouldn't want to watch a game in the room on a TV that would probably sit at the end of my driveway for weeks if I tried to get rid of it.

He then regaled me with stories about their great customer service, the customer experience, blah, blah. I just wanted my room key. I will say however, he was very nice to get us some toiletries as we had not expected a last minute stay due to an early morning game scheduled the following day.

Upon arrival at my room, the first thing I noticed was a beat up space heater unplugged next to the bed. The heaters were working fine, so they probably just forgot to take it out. Then I noticed two shirts and two pairs of pants from the previous night's guest and a baggage tag on the desk with all his information on it. I called the front desk and they sent someone immediately to collect the clothes - hangars and all! My son then called me from the bathroom and said "Dad, there's hair all over the sink!". Immediately grossed out, I called the front desk and reminded the clerk about the "great customer service" spiel, which apparently didn't include cleaning the rooms before arrival. He said I could move next door and would be coming to the room in a minute with the keys as I told him I would not be coming back down 11 floors to meet him. Housekeeping then called me to tell me the guy had mistakenly taken all the hangars in the closet and would be bringing them back. I told her we were moving anyway and why we were moving - she looked up the register for her rooms and said - "oh, sorry - that room wasn't cleaned today. " No kidding. They must have separate staffs who make beds and clean because the beds looked fine.

Needless to say, I won't be staying here again anytime soon. Trust me, it's worth the extra money to go next door to The Henry.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has been cleaned before they give you a key.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Garner, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a vry nice hotel in it day.
The room and thing in the rooms are very dated.
little to no cable TV
The Hotel is very clean and safe
Not a place for kids, but is a good place for buisness and Meeting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Marys, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my sisters for girls weekend. The hotel lobby was very impressive and the clerks at registration were extremely competent. My only concern with this hotel was that you could tell it needed new carpet in the halls and rooms. The carpet was bunching or rolling up in places and was threadbare in others. The room accomodations were good. The beds were comfortable and there was very little noise heard outside. The bathroom was too small!!! I bent over to pull up my pants and hit my head on the sink! (LOL) One nice ammenity was that the second sink was outside of the bathroom so one of us could be showering while the other was putting on makeup etc. outside of the bath. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I really don't think one area of this hotel would be better than another. It didn't strike...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

After reading a review below from Peter S, I have to write a rebuttal as his description of the hotel, mall, area is completely exaggerated. I have lived in the Detroit Metroplitan area for my whole life (I am 31) and while some areas of the metropolitan area have certaintly deteriorated, especially as the area fell on rough economic times throughout the 2000s, things are NOT in dire straits in Dearborn or in the area immediately surrounding the Hyatt. Yes, once you cross the border into the city of Detroit, there are some rough patches in the neighborhoods. However these areas are NOT within a reasonable walking distance from the hotel so most travelers will not experience them. In fact, downtown West Deaborn has become a hot and trendy hangout for nightlife and is only about a three minute drive from the hotel.

The clientele at the mall has changed but it has not become the warzone that Peter describes. There are policies in place to control things and a curfew for teenagers which has helped control the riff raff. Yes, Lord and Taylor and Saks has closed but a new movie theatre, P.F. Changs, Bravo Italian Cucina, new Benihana and huge H&M store have all opened in the last several years (to name a few). Yes, the Ritz Carlton closed but The Henry Hotel, part of Marriott's Autograph collection has reopened in its place and just underwent a major renovation.

The hotel's common areas and grounds are still beautiful to this day. The hotel's interior spaces are still elegant and very impressive. The hotel underwent a major renovation in 2002 so while the rooms have become a little stale looking, the overall common areas are by no means falling apart. My feelings are that the hotel's common areas reflect a three and a half to four star rating but the rooms are more of a two and half to three star rating.

To conclude, if you are looking for a four star hotel room, this is not your place. However if you are looking for a decent room in a good location in a beautiful facility, check this place out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit? Share your experiences!