“Diamond in the rough” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chesterfield, MI
“Diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My coworkers turned me on to this restaurant because of its proximity to where I work and the reasonably priced lunch specials, and now I eat there about three times per month.

Food and service are outstanding! The service can be a little slow on occasion, but if you tell your server up front that you are pressed for time, they will gladly accommodate you.
The atmosphere is nice and you can expect to see every echelon of society represented in their clientele. Like another reviewer said, make sure you take the time to look at the pictures in the lobby.

I would never have expected to find a great Italian restaurant in the heart of Dearborn's Arab district, but I am glad that I did.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“Pavarroti and Andrea Bocelli have eaten here ! Check the lobby photos of them !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a long time family owned and operated establishment ! Everyone raves about the pizza garlic bread and we always devour at least two baskets of it...I consider it a main course. I met and chatted briefly with one of the owners who was mingling with guests. The evening manager stopped at our table too. The food was over the top and I told them I would write a great review on tripadvisor.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Still great after all these years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Been going here all my life and we're never disappointed. I would make the trip just for the bread that you get on the table.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Won't Make the Same Mistake a Third Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I felt compelled to write this review after my second visit to Roman Village Italian Restaurant located at 9924 DIX, Dearborn, MI 48120.

Our party had made its selection prior to my knowledge, so I agreed to give it one more try to my consternation. We arrived on Sunday, May 06, 2012 around 12:45 p.m., was seated at 1:40 p.m. (even though there was only a party of 4 ahead of us) served bread at 2:30 p.m., soup at 3 p.m., and our entrees didn't arrive until 3:15 p.m. The waitress was unable to sort the orders correctly; she seemed confused to say the least. Half of our party’s food was cold and needed to be returned. Although my fish was hot, the mixed vegetables (which I did not order) were soggy and lukewarm as if it had been scraped off someone else’s plate and on to my plate at the last minute (One slice of zucchini appeared to have been bitten off). The side of spaghetti with sauce that FINALLY found its way to my table was lukewarm, and the sauce appeared dark and old as though it had been setting around for an extended time.

During our excruciatingly long wait at the table, we watched at least 3 parties arrive after us, but leave well before us. I can only imagine why their service was faster than ours. Everyone in our group decided to carry their entrees home because we all lost our appetite. We departed at 3:35 p.m.

Now, in case you think this was some sort of fluke experience, please remember that this was my second visit. The first visit was nearly identical in terms of horrendous service and terrible food.

Sorry, Roman Village, but I won’t make the same mistake again. You’ve lost my vote and confidence.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Don't judge from the outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Roman Village is across from a strip mall and a Ford factory, and the building itself come across a little cheesy. However, its menu has an impressive variety of rich dishes, both traditional and "invented." The bread that comes with your meal could be served as a course of its own - it has a buttery crust and springy inside that makes it almost like the base of a deep-dish pizza. My first litmus test for Italian authenticity is to even have gnocchi on the menu, and it was quite good.

Visited May 2012