“Good Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Dearborn
“Good Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Hotel i love thr grab& go breakfast. I wasted coffee on my shirt Thank god for the on site laundry.Love this hotel thanks again. First desk staff is awesome.My bed was very comfortable plus my back feel great.My room was very spacious clean beautiful.I told myself i would be here from now on 2 thumbs up. I love Extended Stay Of Dearborn Mi.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as having laundry facilities on-site. It is also great to read that our staff provided you with such great service and that you found your room to be spacious as well as clean.

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mount Sterling, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at the Extended Stay America for four days while visiting The Henry and Greenfield Village. The hotel is located in a great area...near highways, shopping, restaurants and the sites we wanted to visit. The staff was helpful and extremely friendly. The hotel however was terrible. It was worn, smelled, and carpets in the public areas were disgusting. Snips of paper remained on the hallway floors throughout our stay. The carpet in our room had two large black sticky stains near the bed, the sheets for the bed did not fit properly and would slip off during the night, and the items provided in the kitchen are were sparse at best...a king suite with only one glass in the entire unit?!?! Our air conditioner was not working properly...had only a high setting..we reported it the first day, to no avail. So our option was to let the unit run during the day while we were gone and shut it down at night. The elevator was slow and would take a slight drop before opening! On our second night we requested additional towels at around 5 p.m. and were told by the front desk they were not ready. Went to dinner, returned around 7 p.m. and received the same message..no towels yet...finally at 8:00 p.m. we received towels. We did not have high expectations because this is a budget hotel, but being clean costs very little and this hotel misses the mark by miles. Overall this hotel was a great disappointment and we will not be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Katrena - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and our staff's service. Still, I am sorry that your room was unclean and had an odor. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean your room and also improve our cleaning procedures overall. As well, I am going to review our laundry procedures with the entire team to ensure that there are linens and towels always available for our guests to enjoy.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 42 days due to my travel coordinator booking mix-up. Regretted 42 days.
Would never recommend it, but nevertheless, I will give the fairest possible review.
Good:
Great location. Highways, shopping, restaurant and activities are all close. Parking was plentiful.
Stove, cupboards, fridge, bathroom sink and counter and kitchen floor (wood - smart idea) were all clean
Bad:
Microwave was dirty / all the furniture looked like it was purchased as used / Found pubic hair on the bed / the sink drain hole was very dirty and so was the carpet / Towels were old, worn and very thin (probable well used. The hotel has a funky smell which try to mask, instead of clean, with scented sprays. All hallways, entrances, lobby and stairways smell horrible and full of stains. In fact I once called the front desk to take a whiff of the stairways and he quickly he agreed, covering his nose. The staff was never tidy and their uniforms were always wrinkled, however they were very friendly. Wireless internet signal strength was too low at the end of the building (my room) so video streaming was not possible. The phone was faulty. Getting through to me was a trial and error task.
The most cost effective upkeep is cleanliness and this hotel fails badly. No exaggeration.
Not because it's a budget hotel means cleanliness must be sacrificed.
Not sure if they have any pride in their image or if customer satisfaction have any relevance.

Room Tip: Choose it only if it's recommended or you see it first. Pictures don't show dirt and smell.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and having a fully equipped kitchen at your disposal. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our WiFi did not always work properly for you. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I have spoken with our WiFi provider and we are working to ensure a speedier experience for all of our guests.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at der@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We wound up here via Priceline when we were planning a couple of days visiting the Henry Ford. It was exactly what you would expect for $39: worn and weird smelling. No, that's too harsh, I suppose.

The property is really, really worn. The carpets in the public areas are disgusting. I was having a mini-panic attack going to our room. BUT, the front desk staff was really, really friendly and helpful. Our room, while not the cleanest, had a full kitchen (yes, a full sized fridge, stove and microwave! Even a toaster), two fine beds with newer comforters and great-working air conditioning. Lots of towels. The grab and go breakfast (oatmeal, oatmeal bars, pre-packaged muffins, coffee) was perfect for our family.

Honestly, I don't know if we would stay here again (my husband and I are were pretty skeeved out by the grimy feel of the place), but our kids thought it was just fine and it was cheap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about how friendly the staff were; however, we apologize that the cleanliness was not up to par.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have already shampooed the hallway carpets to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at der@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Escanaba, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were driving south of the Mackinac bridge when we got the message that our confirmed room was no longer available! We had made the reservation a week earlier and were driving with a co-worker who had made her reservation a day later than us. There was no logical explanation - just that they had overbooked and we had no room. They wanted to put us in a place 20 miles away. Our meeting was in Dearborn, and we had to scramble to find another hotel nearby. We will not trust Extended Stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation and had to move it to one of our sister hotels. Please know, moving guests from our hotel to another is a rare occurrence, in this case we were overbooked. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am reviewing our reservation policies with the entire staff and coaching them on how to handle overbooking in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in extended America before but I felt this one in Dearborn didn't impress me as much as the previous experience. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious, supplied with a simple kitchen with pans, plates and silverware although I only spent one night and didn't use much the kitchen item. The bed is comfortable and it has a flat screen with most popular cable tv channels. It has simple yet nice continental breakfast. Several observations: 1. The corridor from the elevator to my room on the third floor was dirty as you can see stain and it smelt too. It remained the next day I checked out 2. a strong detergent odor the moment I opened the door. You can see detergent residual remained on the door, kitchen countertop and the square dining table 3. kitchen drain, bathroom mirror, bathtub caulk etc need update/touch up. 4. No hair dryer in the room / No water glasses but it has coffee mugs.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Allen - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Thank you for the kind comments about how friendly the staff was to you during your stay; however, we apologize that you found an odor in the hallways and the carpet was stained. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we have since deep cleaned our hallways and your room to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

ESA Dearborn is one of the best hotels and what makes this place a wonderful place to stay is because of the hotel manager Ms. Collette. She is very friendly, helpful, nice and professional. She is always willing to go for the extra mile to keep the guests comfortable. I would recommend extended stay America Dearborn to all of my relatives, friends and family members. THANK A LOT MS. COLLETTE FOR ALL YOU DO TO RUN THIS PLACE PERFECTLY, HATS OFF TO YOU :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm thrilled that the staff have gone the extra mile for you and made you feel very welcome here at the hotel, especially our Manager Collette.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn? Share your experiences!