“Booted OUT!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
Escanaba, Michigan
“Booted OUT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were driving south of the Mackinac bridge when we got the message that our confirmed room was no longer available! We had made the reservation a week earlier and were driving with a co-worker who had made her reservation a day later than us. There was no logical explanation - just that they had overbooked and we had no room. They wanted to put us in a place 20 miles away. Our meeting was in Dearborn, and we had to scramble to find another hotel nearby. We will not trust Extended Stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation and had to move it to one of our sister hotels. Please know, moving guests from our hotel to another is a rare occurrence, in this case we were overbooked. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am reviewing our reservation policies with the entire staff and coaching them on how to handle overbooking in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in extended America before but I felt this one in Dearborn didn't impress me as much as the previous experience. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious, supplied with a simple kitchen with pans, plates and silverware although I only spent one night and didn't use much the kitchen item. The bed is comfortable and it has a flat screen with most popular cable tv channels. It has simple yet nice continental breakfast. Several observations: 1. The corridor from the elevator to my room on the third floor was dirty as you can see stain and it smelt too. It remained the next day I checked out 2. a strong detergent odor the moment I opened the door. You can see detergent residual remained on the door, kitchen countertop and the square dining table 3. kitchen drain, bathroom mirror, bathtub caulk etc need update/touch up. 4. No hair dryer in the room / No water glasses but it has coffee mugs.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Allen - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Thank you for the kind comments about how friendly the staff was to you during your stay; however, we apologize that you found an odor in the hallways and the carpet was stained. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we have since deep cleaned our hallways and your room to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

ESA Dearborn is one of the best hotels and what makes this place a wonderful place to stay is because of the hotel manager Ms. Collette. She is very friendly, helpful, nice and professional. She is always willing to go for the extra mile to keep the guests comfortable. I would recommend extended stay America Dearborn to all of my relatives, friends and family members. THANK A LOT MS. COLLETTE FOR ALL YOU DO TO RUN THIS PLACE PERFECTLY, HATS OFF TO YOU :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm thrilled that the staff have gone the extra mile for you and made you feel very welcome here at the hotel, especially our Manager Collette.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I chose stay here on a trip & the hotel with searching on Trip Advisor & would recommend to stay here.

Staff were very friendly & welcoming, cleaniless was good & great amenities in the rooms.

Look forward to staying again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and friendliness of our staff. As well, I am so happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

When I booked this hotel I took my time reading the reviews and was a little wary. But when i got there I was very surprised. Carrie checked me in and explained all the extras, she seemed very busy but didn't rush me, I liked that. Housekeeping is once a week which I wasn't used to but i could exchange my towels at the front desk or pay $10 for an additional housekeeping day. It really did feel like a little apartment.
Great value, great rooms, great staff I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for providing you with an efficient check-in and such friendly service. Carrie, is a great addition to our staff, so I will be sure to share your remarks with her directly. As well, I am very happy that you enjoyed your great room and the great rate we are able to offer it at!

Rogers City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I don't like to complain much but this place is terrible. First of all, when we went into the room IT HADN'T BEEN CLEANED! There was trash in the garbage can, and there was hair in the bath tub...I was apalled. We had to put the trash in the hallway! Manager did very little to make us more comfortable. The TV remote didn't even work.

DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL AT ANY PRICE!

Room Tip: run away before the bed bugs get you!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Grand Rapids
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I arrived, I had to wait at the service counter for 20 minutes to check in because no one was there. The place is understaffed and the person running the service counter had to help someone with a problem with their room. My first room had a hole in the wall and wasn't cleaned because there was pepperoni on the floor. The next morning I woke up to the hot water not working. They did transfer me to another room after I alerted them of the problem. The next room was worse than the first. There were 3 liquor bottles under the sink, 3 gallon jugs above the cabinets, and a bag of mystery in the cupboard I wasn't about to find out the contents. They transferred me again that night and the hot water didn't work in that room. They did fix that problem though. They have a kitchen and a sink but they didn't have any dish soap for me to use. Smokers prop open the outside doors which creates the smell of smoke in the stairwells and poses a security threat. The hallway carpet is in desperate need of being replaced. The place did provide me shelter, a bed to sleep on, and a refrigerator. If you are looking for more, spend your money somewhere else

Room Tip: I had 3 different rooms and had problems with all of them
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had several cleanliness issues during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at der@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn? Share your experiences!