“WHAT A DUMP!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Dearborn
Rogers City, Michigan
“WHAT A DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I don't like to complain much but this place is terrible. First of all, when we went into the room IT HADN'T BEEN CLEANED! There was trash in the garbage can, and there was hair in the bath tub...I was apalled. We had to put the trash in the hallway! Manager did very little to make us more comfortable. The TV remote didn't even work.

DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL AT ANY PRICE!

Room Tip: run away before the bed bugs get you!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Rapids
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I arrived, I had to wait at the service counter for 20 minutes to check in because no one was there. The place is understaffed and the person running the service counter had to help someone with a problem with their room. My first room had a hole in the wall and wasn't cleaned because there was pepperoni on the floor. The next morning I woke up to the hot water not working. They did transfer me to another room after I alerted them of the problem. The next room was worse than the first. There were 3 liquor bottles under the sink, 3 gallon jugs above the cabinets, and a bag of mystery in the cupboard I wasn't about to find out the contents. They transferred me again that night and the hot water didn't work in that room. They did fix that problem though. They have a kitchen and a sink but they didn't have any dish soap for me to use. Smokers prop open the outside doors which creates the smell of smoke in the stairwells and poses a security threat. The hallway carpet is in desperate need of being replaced. The place did provide me shelter, a bed to sleep on, and a refrigerator. If you are looking for more, spend your money somewhere else

Room Tip: I had 3 different rooms and had problems with all of them
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had several cleanliness issues during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at der@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my first time staying at one of these hotels and I chose this particular hotel for convenience and lack of other choices. On the whole, the hotel was passable but a little lackluster. The rooms were a little dingy but clean enough but our room had a slight off-putting odor. The staff were all friendly and helpful. This is not the type of hotel to which I would return given other choices--it's not a great value for money at about $100/night--but it was passable for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your room had a slight odor. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the housekeeping staff is working to eliminate any cleanliness issues in order to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at der@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We use theses hotel for a long time, this one was not good enough as the others one. The breakfast is very very poor, the hair dryer we should as on the front desk to have, the front desk people was not friendly. The location and the parking was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Paulo - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
I am so disappointed that you felt the grab and go breakfast did not have enough option and the staff was not attentive to your needs. Please accept my apologies.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a short 2 day vacation trip for me and my wife and friends. Overall, the staff was very helpful. The first problem was the room, it was a little dirty and the furniture was worn or broken. We were moved to another room and had issue with the room, like broken furniture again, phone not working and the door security hook was broke. Staff upgraded our room. I can not say I enjoyed myself because of all the issues with the room and the elevator being out-of-service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to move twice and had issues with cleanliness and broken furniture in both rooms. As well, that you had to move rooms when the elevator was being repaired. To prevent this from happening again, my team is adding additional items to our daily housekeeping checklist and will increase the number of inspections of their work that are completed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at jdavis@extendedstay.com to discuss this a little further and allow me the opportunity to address these issues with you personally. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family spent two nights in the hotel this weekend and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and rooms and hotel condition were good. Good value and good amenities. The kitchens were adequate but sparse on utensils. The beds were comfortable and bathroom in very nice condition. The TV picture was outstanding. The wireless internet connection worked well. There were no surprises at checkout.

Room Tip: There is a cigarette smell near the stairwells where people must have gone to smoke, but the rooms h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great comments regarding your stay in Dearborn. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took such great care of you. Thank you again for staying with us.
Olivet, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the hotel my company chose for me to stay at. I basically live here during the week so the large refrigerator and range is nice. The beds are newer and comfortable. The staff is average and the housekeeping is ok at best. The room is clean, but there is no attention to detail. The vents have not been cleaned since I've been here and it's been a year. There is no pool or rec area, it's basically a spartan apartment, but the any personal items you bring in are respected. The greatest problem I have is the lack of tv channels especially fox sports Detroit. I am a sports fan and have no way to watch any of the local teams. All in all, it is nothing special but not awful. I would not stay here for a weekend but long term it is serviceable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue providing great service and a great product to our guests. I apologize for the attention to detail. You are absolutely correct that this is unacceptable. As a result of your review, I have spoken with the management staff to ensure these deficiences are addressed immediately. As a company, we are reviewing our channel lineup and are hoping to make some changes this year. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn? Share your experiences!