We stayed at this hotel over Christmas for 3 weeks with a travelling broadway show. We had a 2 bedroom suite for myself, my husband and our 3yr old.
full kitchen with dishwasher
Laundry on 2nd floor
Walmart next door with groceries
Dog owners do not pick up poop and neither does hotel staff. It was everywhere!!
Bill must be paid once your room reaches the maximum charge of $800 not at the end of your stay
Maid staff routinely missed cleaning our room (or simply left early)
When our room was cleaned they forgot to leave dishwasher soap, kitchen linens and garbage bags
Design of the rooms is very dated
Management staff was unfriendly
VERY noisy if you are near or under the stairs on the 1st or second floor
Vacuuming occurs in the middle of the night EVERY night
MAX CHARGE INFO:
Be aware that the hotel has a maximum charge - meaning that even though (on 3 separate occasions) we asked them NOT to use the credit card we provided for incidentals, they charged it anyway mid week! They also let us know this after they had done it by slipping the receipt under our door on xmas eve. (We still had 2 weeks left in our stay.)
When we went to the front desk to inquire the manager Tom said "that's how we do it in America". We ended up having to pay cash every 6 days at the front desk which was a huge pain.
I've never had to do this anywhere in USA or Canada before.
I booked a weekend for my in-laws during our stay. When I called (with confirmation number!) down to the front desk to confirm they said someone had called and cancelled their room. Which of course was impossible...
Of course by then they had no 2 bedrooms left. I rebooked 2 studios. When I called again the next day to confirm it was a new staff member who had no record of my new booking! Finally when my in-laws checked in they STILL had no record of the booking!!!
large rooms, friendly if slightly incompetent staff
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Detroit Dearborn Hotel Dearborn
- Towneplace Suites Detroit Dearborn Hotel
- Towneplace Suites Dearborn
- Dearborn Towneplace Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Suites provide you with all the comforts of home including fully equipped kitchen, work desk, free high speed internet and local calls. You'll be sure to get a good night's rest in our cozy Sleep Experience beds. This Marriott extended stay hotel offers an outdoor pool, patio & grill, laundry and fitness center. Now offering complimentary Continental Breakfast! It's easy to maintain your lifestyle at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dearborn, your home away from home. While in town, experience the Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village and Rouge Factory Tour or relax while shopping and dining. Enjoy all Detroit has to offer with great museums, live theater, Cobo Conference Center and more. Sports enthusiasts can catch a game at Comerica Park, Ford Field or Joe Louis Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.