“Romantic European atmosphere, excellent food and so so service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 222 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 232 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Birmingham, Michigan
“Romantic European atmosphere, excellent food and so so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The atmosphere is great for couples, although it is cozy and could get noisy. We loved the European feel and he food was outstanding, I had the seafood risotto and it was worth every penny. The portions are somewhat small, but plenty for me. My hubby had the chicken ravioli with pesto and he loved it. Soup, or salad were not incl. with entree and we had to ask for bread. The service was average to below average. We waited a while for our appetizer and a few other things, but the food was so good that we decided to overlook this. Prices are a bit steep for a Dearborn restaurant, but I found it worthwhile given that it was our Valentine's celebration. I don't recommend this place for kids. It is a rather small and cozy facility.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dearborn, Michigan, United States
“OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We tried this restarurant with a Groupon on Friday, 1-11-13 and to be honest this is one of the best restaruants that my husband and I have dined at in the last six months. There are not many times that you walk out of a place and say wow what a great meal but this was one of those times. Chef Michael Chamas has created a "little gem" right in downtown Dearborn. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A la Carte Italian?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

While I felt the food was definitely good, I was a little surprised at the final cost on bill. That being said I have never been to an Italian restaurant that was completely a la carte! I have been to numerous steakhouses over the years and a few very upscale eateries that were this way, but I didn't expect to be charged $6 for a dinner/side salad as an appetizer. Now I know why many of our fellow diners were sharing one salad! It didn't dawn on me until I saw the menu.

Service was a little uneven, with our main server taking care of us for most of the evening and a young lady (hostess that seated us) trying to get over to us when he was busy. We plan on trying it once again in a few months and see how it is, this time we will be a little more enlightened!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dearborn, Michigan USA
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located in the 222 Shops on Michigan Avenue East of Military in West Dearborn, this romantic eatery offers a very fine dining experience. Attentive and un-obtrusive staff compliment excellently prepared appetizers and meals. Here's a place where you can splurge and realize that you may have underpaid for the delightful experience. A very special treat.

• Visited December 2012
Thompsonville, Michigan, United States
“Eat local!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Found this highly rated restaurant on Tripadvisor and it was a tremendously nice alternative to all the chain restaurants. Intimate atmosphere, Sinatra in the background, instant relaxation. Everything was just right. Although this is an Italian menu, my wife and I both had seafood. My lake perch was perfect, and actually lake perch. She had the nightly special of crab-stuffed salmon with a lemon sauce, and I have to admit she won this one. It was wonderful. The wine selection was good, and the Main Street Chard was fine for a house selection. While there are more widely known restaurants in Detroit like Andiamo, which I have yet to try, smaller operations like this are truly deserving of your patronage, too. Take your significant other and have a delicious meal.

• Visited October 2012