“Really nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
“Really nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. It was very clean. Staff was great. Manager/Owner? very friendly. Beds were comfortable and all amenties worked well. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. And the coffee was very good. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello Mary H,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you back very soon.

Thanks again,
Cathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is situated just off I 69 a few minutes east of Flint.It is an older property and is currently undergoing renovations. Most rooms are newly decorated with new decor and furnishings. The bed was very comfortable and the shower head was amazing! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was good and offered a variety of choices. Pool area was nice and the water was warm. If you are a smoker, ashtrays are provided in the pool area. It is large enough as to not bother those that don't smoke. We were fortunate enough to pay a "grand opening special" price and feel that we received very good value for the money. We will definitely return and look forward to seeing the complete renovation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Cathy 162,
Thank you for a great review. We are nearing the end of our renovations and we appreciate our guests patience during this time. Staying in a hotel where you can eat a good breakfast, get a nice hot shower, a good nite sleep and a dip in the pool at a great rate, is exactly what we want all of our guest to experience. So thank you for letting us and others know we are on the right track. Hope to see you soon.

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you're staying in Davison Michigan, THIS Is the place to stay. Their rooms seem to be recently remodeled, room service is excellent, staff is very friendly. The free continental breakfast could be a little better, the omelets looked like something out of a 7/11 store. BUT honestly, that’s all I could find to pick on! I will be staying there again. OH And I needed a late check out at 2pm. No problems there, for 20 more bucks they let me stay. VERY VERY Helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Gregory V,
Thanks for your review. We were very happy to accommodate your 2pm check out. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms. Next time you come and stay, try our Biscuits and gravy. We really appreciate your business and look foward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks again
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an older property (formerly a Comfort Inn) that is striving mightily to upgrade it's overall product. Except for a relatively surely person at the front desk at check-in (it was 14:00, and a very quiet Friday afternoon with no one else present), which is not in keeping with my previous Best Western experiences, this hotel offers great value for price. Located right off I-69 in Davison (gas and markets close by), the hotel itself is older but spotless, with very comfortable "new" rooms/furniture and carpet that are tastefully decorated and business friendly. While the rooms are smallish, the furniture helps the room "work" with good storage and an amenities "bar" (formerly a vanity nook). The pool is spotless, and the exercise room is brand new and nicely appointed. A/C was wonderful and new. Breakfast offerings and seating area are ample and attractive. Parking is convenient and plentiful. Good restaurants from fast food to a steakhouse are right out the door. Other than the reception, the staff is friendly and helpful. Great place to stay that recovered well after a rocky start.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello KMAbbott,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you have mentioned the newly remodeled comfortable rooms, with all the updated amenities. Sorry you felt the front desk staff that checked you in was not as pleasant as your used to. We plan on making it a goal of ours, for our staff to be as friendly and pleasant as possible. Next time you stay, tell us how you like our improvements.

carleton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the nicest hotel I can find that is close to Otter Lake Mi. I have stayed here two years in a row as I participate in a triathlon and it is close to the venue. I have never been disappointed with my room. It is clean and the beds are comfortable. The frig, television, blow dryerr, coffee maker and internet all worked! When I'm participating in a tri race I don't want to worry about anything. I just want to relax and that's what happens when I stay here....I relax. I problem I found was that the desk staff are not very friendly and they don't like to be bothered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello Carole K,
Thank you for your comments. We are always striving to improve in every aspect of our hotel. We do appreciate your business and hope in the future with the changes we have made, You will feel like the valued guest that you are.

Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It isn't often we meet a group of individuals who go beyond the normal scope of their job routine to make us feel at home. I wanted to thank Mary, Sara and especially Terra for making our week so special. We appreciate the courtesy, respect and graciousness of everyone. But Terra went the extra mile and scored a homerun with her personal attention. She always made eye contact with a smile, greeting and how are you today? Our room for the week was appealing, tastefully decorated and accommodating. I carry medication which requires refrigeration and this was very important during the length of our stay. Also, I kept in the loop with family and friends through the internet connection in the room. We attended a wedding, reception, BBQ, family reunion, and Tiger's baseball game. Keeping in touch was important with directions and locations in the Davison, Burton and Ortonville area.
I loved the wedge shaped corner tables which served multiple usage. I used the under table for my laptop and the upper table just for stuff.
The Continental breakfast had a nice variety of fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, bread, biscuits, pastries, waffles, egg and cheese omelets, sausage, apple & orange juices, milk, regular and decaf coffee, tea and creamer dispenser. It was so nice for my husband to enjoy the breakfast selection and watch the morning news and sports. Just like home! Afterwards we also had a short workout in the new fitness room. Nice.
We appreciate all the courtesy, friendliness, and personal attention afforded us during our stay. We recommended the Davison Inn to our family and friends in the area; several of which also stayed here. We visited with them at breakfast too . Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: The south side has a view of the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hello Marjie,
Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review of our hotel. We are working very hard to make all of our guest have a great stay with us. We will always strive to improve our guest services. We enjoyed having you as our guest. Please come back and stay with us next time you are in our area.

Thanks again
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My hotel stay at the Best Western in Davison was overall average but overshadowed by the inappropriate actions and comments of a rude staff member (that should never be encountered in the "hospitality" industry) working on the morning of 06/09/13.

The hotel itself is rather average and comes with a complementary breakfast bar. The breakfast bar is very average and staff members will rudely take it down and yell at patrons trying to eat when close to the deadline. The hotel does not have elevators, or if it does, I never discovered them. A nice perk of the hotel was that they offered free WIFI throughout the hotel. I stayed in a standard twin bed room, which had a nice large Samsung flat screen tv, useful desk, and reading chair. I knew others staying at the hotel and was able to view the standard room with a king bed and also the suite with a hot tube, which are larger and more spacious than the standard with two twin beds. The time with which the hotel staff came to turn down the rooms was a rather odd time (8:50am) being that many guests could be awoken. Overall the rooms were rather standard with some features such as the tv which made them feel more modern.

However, I would say my main memory of this hotel will be overshadowed by an insensitive and rude staff member named Tammy. On the final morning of my stay I witnessed this staff member's rudeness or general disregard for service to the guests of the hotel. I am one to understand that everyone has bad days, and perhaps this staff member could have been tired from working a double shift or a numerous amount of excuses however, a hotel staff member within the hospitality industry should never act in the way that this member did.

I witnessed one of the hotel guests arrive to the breakfast area as the staff member was taking down some of the food item. The guest asked if they could still eat some of the food, and the staff member responded flippantly "well hurry up, I wanna take this down and get out of here". This was not said in a general way that a staff member says to a patron, but was said so informally, in the same fashion a parent would outburst to a young child. After telling the guest this, the staff member locked the mini fridge which held most of cold breakfast items (yogurt, butter, hard boiled eggs) etc. to which the guest then asked, "what would be the likelihood that I could get in the fridge to retrieve a yogurt, for just a second?" The staff member ignored the patron and walked away. The patron asked again, if she would open the fridge, at the same time I had walked over as I required butter for my breakfast (for which I had arrived before the breakfast end time), and realized they were all locked in the mini-fridge.

I asked the staff member if I could get in the fridge thinking it would be no issue (as it should not have been), and she rudely said to me, "I've already locked it, breakfast time is over!". The other patron who was standing hoping to get a yogurt, was in dismay seeing the staff member's reaction to me, and instinctively said out loud "Are you serious? I can't believe this". Where the staff member then could have alleviated the problem by opening the fridge or saying, "I'm sorry", she instead threw her arms in the arm and said, "I already locked it all up, you should have gotten here earlier, I want to get it put away to get out of here".

I was shocked by this, and privately said to this other patron, "I'll have to write about this in my review". The staff member, Tammy, must have over heard and outlandishly said, "Fine! Write it up in your review, go ahead!". I can honestly say that I was shocked by these audacious comments . After being rude enough to act in the way she did to patrons asking to simply unlock a mini-fridge for a minute, if I was to realize a patron was now going to write about the incident in a review, I would not have proudly and snidely remarked at them to "do it".

It is because of insensitive rude staff such as Tammy, that I give this hotel a poor rating. Do yourself a favor, don't stop in Davison to rest. Take the extra few minutes and drive to Lapeer and stay at a Holiday Inn or Best Western there.

Room Tip: King size standard and suites are bigger and more spacious. The king size standard room had a his an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cathy-at-DavisonInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Davison Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello Richard C.

Please except our apology for the bad experience at our hotel. We strive for excellence in customer service, clearly we failed that day. For over 20 yrs we have maintained a standard of great guest services, we take this very seriously. Our staff has and will work harder in trying to keep up to the Best Western standard in which our guest expect. Please consider coming back and trying the spacious king room you had mentioned. The room you stayed in with 2 queen beds perhaps was more than you needed. We book our rooms according to our guest request and availability. I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us where we can improve our guest services. Once again, we are truly sorry for your unacceptable treatment.

Cathy

Been to BEST WESTERN Davison Inn? Share your experiences!