“I don't usually complain but............” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Metropol Perth

You added Crown Metropol Perth to your Saves list
Crown Metropol Perth
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Family Blockbuster
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“I don't usually complain but............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I would normally just 'vote with my feet' and never return.

However there was such a catalogue of errors that I'm still a little disturbed by the distinct lack of concern from the hotel.

I planned a night for my partners birthday which would include drinking chapmagne in the bath, listening to music of our choice and followed by a dinner at Nobu.

I could write an essay on what happened next but I'll just put it in bullet points and let you read between the lines and make your own decision:

1. Couldn't get on line to listen to the music. Resolved by maintenance having to come up and letting us know that reception had given us the wrong details. (Fair enough, these things happen. We couldn't get in the bath while we waited for maintenance to arrive and it might have taken 30 minutes to resolve but worse things happen at sea, right?)

2. Plugged in the iPhone to the docking station to listen to music which didn't work. Called for maintenance again. (No bath of course while we waited. Get over it! I said to myself).

3. After a 15 minute wait and another 10 minutes of fiddling with it, maintenance couldn't fix it so they had to call in the geniuses from IT. (Still no bath. I would like to mention at this point that the bathroom was one of those that opened into the main room so you could look out the window. Nice. Usually.)

4. 20 minutes later, IT man rocks up. Couldn't fix it. He suggested coming back with a new one. I suggested coming back in half an hour so we could at least have a bath before dinner.(Halfway through the bottle of champagne so had a bit of a buzz anyway. One has to be grateful for things my Dad says.)

5. Got in the bath with remaining champagne, feeling grateful (Thanks Dad). Only to be confronted with the surprise on lookers at our window (See attached photos).

6. Complained to reception and demanded to speak to manager immediately for putting us in a room like this ( I was getting serious. Had to get out of the bath to do it and wait for his call...................)

7. 40 minutes later, he didn't call. I continued with my bath for the 5 minutes I had left, feeling stupid for not getting in the bath anyway).

8. I called reception again (after getting out of the bath) demanding to speak to him, immediately if not sooner!
- "Unfortunately he's gone into a meeting, but I'll be sure to get him to call"
- "You said that last time and he didn't! And now I'm going to dinner!"
- "Why don't you take you're phone so he can call you on that?"
- "To Dinner? I'm celebrating my partners birthday! I don't want to take my phone!"
- "I'm sorry sir but you may have to wait till tomorrow."
- "Okay I'll take my phone! How would you feel if you're boyfriend took his phone to dinner on your birthday at a 5 star hotel which was a special surprise??"
- "Goodbye Sir"

9. Restaraunt:
- "We don't appear to have your booking Sir!"
- "But I have a text message that says I do?"
- "Well, we are full I'm afraid." (It was 6pm and you could hear the words echo around the empty restaraunt)
- "Full in what way?"
- "I don't understand Sir?"
- "Forget it! I'm coming in and that's the end of it!"
- "Okay Sir, I'll see what we can do.......oh look! Here's a free table!"

10. Ricki, the waiter, gets a special mention here - his own bullet point in fact. He was wonderful and sneaked us some nibbly bits which we didn't pay for! Brilliant!

11. No call from the manager (SO glad I brought my phone to dinner)

12. Meal was good (Credit where it's due!)

13. Back at the room. Manager rings us....
- "I'm told there's an issue Sir?"
- "Where would you like me to start? Listen, there are workmen looking through our windown and we were trying to have a bath"
- "What now?"
- "No, it's 10 O'clock at night now"
- "Well we didn't leave a note in your room about the renovations"
- "What! Where?"
- "In the drawer."
- "In the drawer? What good is it in there?"
(Much complaining later, he sends us a bottle of bubbly, which would have been nice in the bath earlier but we were too exhausted from all the complaining and waiting)

14. The IT guy never came.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise for the delay in responding to the technology issues in your room. Your comments relating to the restaurant booking have been shared with the Food & Beverage department for their review however I am pleased that a table was available for you to enjoy your meal.

During the period the Hotel was undergoing facade refurbishment a letter was placed in all guest rooms suggesting the curtain remain drawn at appropriate times.

Your feedback is a valuable tool in assisting us furthering our commitment to provide a true 5 Star experience to our guests. I would be happy to discuss the matter personally if you wish to call at a convenient time to you. I can be contacted on 93628888.

Sincerely

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Perth Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently we had a special night away to celebrate my birthday, after checking in we explored the hotel and spent a couple of relaxing hours down at the pool.

Had a lovely meal in the Italian restaurant and drinks in the lounge area afterwards listening to the singer and piano player.

Struggled upstairs for a great nights sleep and then ate a scrumptious breakfast in the morning prior to departure at 10.30, all in all a really relaxing time, valet parking a bit steep but at least it was efficient and svad a long walk from the car parks which extend in all directions around the complex so be aware.

Room Tip: Go for high level rooms with a river view and see all the way to the city.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very disappointed with the room. Lights were hard to operate & called twice for assistance . Was assured we would be shown but no one came to help.

Bed was as hard as a rock & was unbearable to sleep on.

Extremely uncomfortable & expensive. Will not be returning

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments have been noted and it is disappointing to learn that your visit was not to your satisfaction. Your feedback is valuable and we assess and review all comments in our continued commitment to deliver a true 5 Star experience to suit all of our guests and their individual preferences.

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Perth Hotels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently took the family on a work trip to the Metropol. Considering how expensive Perth accommodation is the price was good - $275/night (though valet parking is extra).

The bathroom was amazing - big bath! The rooms aren't huge but very comfy. Room service was the best I've ever had (wagyu burger, French fries, fresh fruit, steamed veggies...plus more I can't remember)

Highlight of the trip was the pool area. Beautiful! Lots of secluded areas to swim without other people around, fun slide and play area for the kids, food and drinks at poolside - we loved it and would definitely go back.

Stayed February 2014
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for my birthday. When I checked in I was offered a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for my birthday - this was delivered to the room and waiting for me in an ice bucket when I got back from the spa. I had booked a massage and a facial, which were expensive but lived up to expectations. Staff in the day spa were lovely and also had a glass of bubbly waiting for me after noticing it was my birthday, so I felt quite spoiled. We had dinner at Bistro Guillaume, which was great and we sat outside with a nice view of the pool area, which is spectacular. Like other reviewers, I thought that the idea of charging for the use of the cabanas was a bit over the top - if you are a guest in the hotel I think they should be free on a first come, first served basis. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. A highlight for me was the stunning decor in the room and also the complex itself. For that reason, Crown Metropol has become my new favourite hotel in Perth.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We thought we would spoil ourselves and started off our mini honeymoon with a night here. The rooms were beautiful. Spotlessly clean and new. Fantastic technology, great quality linen and a great view. Only negative is we had to wait quite a while to check-in and check-out and they offered us a complimentary wine to be sent to our room but we never received it - small issues but otherwise we thought the place was amazing!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!