“Fantastic Pools.Superb rooms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Metropol Perth

You added Crown Metropol Perth to your Saves list
Crown Metropol Perth
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Escape
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Pools.Superb rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Only stayed one night but it was great fun.The pool area is truly word class complete with slides for the kids and I have stayed in Las Vegas! Midweek is quiet and easy to get around.Restaurants are top end and top price but the Merrywell is good family dining and more reasonable.The burgers may be $25 but they could feed 2 people and certainly 2 kids.Rooms were superb all round with my only complaint being the A/C which you cant actually turn off.
Nice to see Perth has a word class Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at Crown Metropol Perth in early April for two nights. The rooms are well decorated, appointed and it had a lovely large marble bathroom with spa bath. The bed was soo comfortable and we had a room overlooking the magnificent pool and the river. The rooms were quiet at night which is a plus when you need sleep. My only whinge was that there was a little LCD display on the wall next to the head of the bed for lighting selection etc.. It was too bright during the night, where there was a light shining in my eyes. I had to cover it up.
They have a good gym with a good selection of equipment in it. The pool was amazing, and I love the fact that they have a water slide for the kids (even thought my children are all grown up) it keeps them over one side of the pool.
Crown has lots of dining options to choose from,and there have been a lot of upgrades and extensions to the Casino, which is much larger than previously (I was there 2 years ago). I want to commend the male singer with a keyboard who performed each evening in the hotel foyer. He was fantastic, I loved just sitting having a drink and listening to him. Great work!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The money they've spent on this place over the last couple of years is paying off... big time. The rooms have now not only been brought up to date, but they are stylish, comfortable, even luxurious. Ours had a view out over the Vegas-inspired pool area, across to the city of Perth. The bed was enormous, and perfectly suited for both sleep... and play. The room facilities are all as expected of a five star hotel room. The big test - just how hot and strong was the shower - was passed with flying colours. In fact the bathroom is stunning - though a little more light over the vanity might be useful. But that is a mere quibble. There is a deep and generous bath, for those inclined, which can either be privately screened from the main bedroom, or opened out for those enjoying the full sensuous experience of this great room.

Negatives? Well, there's very few. The distance from the centre of the city makes it less than ideal for business travellers, but if you're looking for an escape (from reality!) then this is a great place. Make sure your credit card is ok with being maxed out to take full advantage of the great restaurants and superb new champagne bar, La Vie. Nearly $40 per person for breakfast was steep, too, in The Atrium, but there were probably other options - though less enticing.

Hand yourself over for a little luxury, a lot of escapism and a heap of fun - and you'll have a great time at Crown.

Room Tip: Splurge and make sure you get a city view. Then be in your room for sunset over the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Crown Metropol Perth yesterday and viewed the Loft and Luxe King for our wedding in July 2013. Called today wanting to book and spoke to Mona who is one of the rudest service attendant I have ever encountered in a 5 star hotel.

First she queried if I was aware of how much the Loft costs, then went on to say it is only reserved for 'high rollers' on the weekend. When asked why we were taken to view the room the day before she said perhaps the reception thought we were 'just looking' and was not serious in booking! She then suggested that her colleague might have given us 'false hope' that it is available and to come in person to speak to the manager! I am sorry but my time is worth a lot more than running around for 'false hope' and incompetent staff.

I then ask her what time are we able to call back to speak to the sales team( as we called at 9pm yesterday and was told to call back this morning) and she outrightly said we are a hotel, we are open 24/7! I am quite aware of that Mona! When prompted after explaining our call yesterday she said "oh same time". I had to ask her numerous times before I got to know when the hotel is available for booking through the 'sales' team.

I am still waiting for my phone call and it has been 6 hours since my fiancé last called and 4 hours since I last called waiting for the manager to get back to us. Definitely not what I expect from such a reputable hotel!

Stayed April 2013
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your booking experience for which I apologise. Please be assured that this is certainly not consistent with the standards we strive for, and is being looked into.

I believe you have been contacted by our Shift Manager to assist with your booking requirements. Please dont hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. We look forward to welcoming you to Crown Metropol Perth in July.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for me birthday in 2012 was soo comfortable, was a little difficult with the order from room service (changed a few things) but chef was spot on and it was amazing...
I asked for smoking room and had to wait 20-30 mons but got what was ordered...
Thank you...

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are never disappointed with the cleanliness, food choices and service that we get here. It is worth the little bit extra to stay in such a polished hotel. This is our favorite by far and we have tried most 5 star in Perth. Lots to do if you feel like it or just relax in the beautiful rooms.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 3 nights at the crown metropol perth and we loved it. The hotel was maintained immaculately very impressive place as was the casino the restaurants were good some were way too pricey though and a couple of the bar staff in the casino were very rude no people skills at all! The staff in the hotel side were friendly and helpful though. Beautiful pools and all the other facilities all in all a great place but can be a bit on the pricey side.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!