“Excellent Hotel, pity we picked very busy days” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Metropol Perth

You added Crown Metropol Perth to your Saves list
Crown Metropol Perth
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Escape
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel, pity we picked very busy days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel either side of a short trip to Exmouth/Ningaloo Reef. The first night was a Saturday and the hotel was very full. We were rather exhausted as we had just arrived from Sydney, but with a little persuasion the check-in clerk arranged for us to have a room on the 7th floor away from most of the noise. The room was very well equipped and comfortable. The sleep quality was good considering the hotel was full. Our next morning was an early start so no breakfast during this initial stay. On returning to this hotel after the trip to Exmouth, we unfortunately found the hotel and all the surrounding facilities absolutely stuffed, it was Melbourne Cup Day! Not being Australians we hadn't realised that Melbourne Cup was celebrated right across Australia and thus this hotel complex was full and then some. The hotel car parks were so stuffed that we had no choice but to use the valet parking service, which was expensive but worked well. On this second evening we chose to have a meal in the room and the next morning breakfast was taken in the ground floor restaurant. Both meals were good, with good service and choice. Surprisingly we had the exact same bedroom on this second visit and again a comfortable night stay.
We would certainly recommend this hotel for facilities, food and service. If we visit the hotel again we would avoid weekends and peak holiday periods, then it would be far more relaxing. However, considering the vast number of customers in the hotel on our 2 one-night stays, we were impressed on how well the staff coped, providing an impressive and courteous service.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor room to avoid noise from the reception/restaurant areas.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Recently stayed at Crown Metropol with visiting family. I have stayed a few times and have never been disappointed. Apart from the check-in everything was very professional and of high standard. I think reception staff need a little more training on the hotel and customer service but the housekeeping staff are first class. The pool and poolside bar are great and could only be improved by slightly better service and larger numbers. I am somewhat not happy with paying extra for a poolside pod/daybed but there are plenty of deckchairs for all so there really is no need to pay to secure a seat. Overall a very enjoyable stay and delicious cocktails and sushi/sashimi plate.

Room Tip: try to have a room on the north side
Como, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel must have one of the best pool areas tha I have seen. Far better than the Fijian resorts that we had visited earlier in the year. The rooms are good, make sure that you ask for a view over the Swan River. The service is pretty ordinary. I was asked when checking out how my stay was. I explained that there were some issues and all I got was a thank you! Sterile staff with no personality might work fine in the adjoining casino although not in an expensive hotel. The Casino security is also quite off putting as the wonder around looking for trouble when you are trying to enjoy dinner.

Room Tip: Try to get a deal with breakfast and interned included as they charge way over the top for both of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orange County,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wonderful hotel, still undergoing refurbishment but this had minimal impact on our stay. rock pool was beautiful for dinner, as good as the rock pool in Melbourne .

Rooms are lovely has a king suite over looking the river and the.city

The pool area was great with a choice of 5 pools,

Rooms were a bit pricey but it was the Australia day long weekend but overall a great stay

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went for 2 nights for our 25th wedding anniversary, everything was great. Liked the updated rooms and the pool area. Went to bed on the first night and I was uncomfortable, when I go to a nice hotel I just love the feeling of a freshly made bed when the sheets are crisp. I tossed and turned all night. The next morning I had a look, the sheets were very creased like starched into creases(which made them feel hard and scratchy), it was on my side and my husbands side, then I found a hole in the sheet, I felt the bottom sheet and it felt lumpy like there was something under the sheet, I looked under and found that the mattress protector was covered in pilling and noticed it was on upside down, when I looked underneath there was a dark stain on the other side of the mattress protector, so that is why they probably turned it over. I am sure these things happen all the time in this industry but was very put off and disappointed. I did ring guest services and they fixed it, but I did not get my first nights' sleep back and that feeling of ewwwwwww:(
I think they should at least monitor the sheets and mattress proctectors to make sure they do not cause discomfort to their customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is very convenient if you are attending the casino complex.
The rooms have been wonderfully refubished, infact the whole complex has undergone a transformation. I was happy with the room, service and all the amazing facilitys the hotel offered. It was a bit on the expensive side though.

Room Tip: Try a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had booked non-smoking rooms but upon arrival they tried to get me to accept a smoking room which we refused and then were made to wait over an hour for our booked room. During this time we ordered some oysters at the lobby lounge and found a live worm in one of them! When we pointed this out, we received a half hearted apology and an offer to get us another serve which we refused! Next morning went down to the pool and there was no chair, no umbrella and no shaded area available. There were several empty kabanas but we were told we could not use them as these had to be pre-booked and no one had informed us of this. Ordered some food at the poolside and the salad had a rotten tomato with mould on it which we had to send back!! Same evening, went to the Club Lounge for pre-dinner drinks at 10 minutes past seven (had paid an extra $120 for this) and was told that the free drinks was only upto & and we would have to pay if we wanted any drinks! Again, while checking -in and taking this option of the Club Lounge, was not informed that it was limited to a certain time. Next day, while checking out, was asked how was m stay and I replied that it was disgusting and the response I got was a smile and a "Thank You"without even bothering to enquire why I was so dis-satisfied! Overall had a disgusting experience and will never stay here again (especially considering the ridiculous price they charge and the poor service we got).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Albert B, Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am aware that you have been contacted regarding your comments and believe there has been a misunderstanding regarding the posting of this review. We have however passed on your comments to the respective department managers for review and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your feedback and your time on the phone and we look forward to to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!