“Almost thought I was in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Metropol Perth

You added Crown Metropol Perth to your Saves list
Crown Metropol Perth
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Meet Me at the Metropol
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
“Almost thought I was in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel was like being in Las Vegas but in Perth an amazing change to the norm.
Hotel Great, SERVICE of staff AMAZING, Buffet breakfast at the Atrium great!
If your looking for a luxury stay in Perth this is the place have no complaints at all. I stayed with a bridal party and reception made life easy with checking in early and late checkout.
Can't recommend Crown Metropol enough

• Stayed December 2012

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The rooms were good, albeit they look over the massive carpark.

there is an enormous variety of restaurants. We ate at the Chinese restaurant called Yu, which is meant to be the best Chinese in town. And it probably is.

It is a very big hotel and feels a bit like that.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor as the noise from the foyer funnels up the first few floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We live in Perth and I would holiday at the Crown. Just gorgeous! The pool area is fantastic, every kind of pool lounge you can imagine is there with pool side service. The only disappointment for me was that they couldn't make me a passionfrit mojito (haha!). The room we had was a small room, but very high end with great views. The breakfast buffet was to die for! Like none I've seen before, and from the looks of it the Atrium must have an amazing desert menu as there was an entire centre area dedicated to lollies. Unfortantely not available with breakfast :( I would highly recommend staying at the Metropol, even for a 1 night get away like ours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in late November while we had our wedding. Booked through agoda. Out of all our family and friends who stayed in this hotel, and the only ones to book through agoda, we were the only ones to receive an old room. The toilet only flushed every second or third time and our fridge didn't work. Someone came to look at the fridge and we were told it would start working and just needed to warm up. The next morning, we had to chuck out all our dips and cheeses as they had been sitting in a broken fridge all night. Didn't have time to make a further complaint or move rooms as it was our wedding day and we had better things to worry about. We were hoping to voice our concerns on check out but when we got down to reception, we decided to use the express check out option as the lines were 10 people deep. Sent an email to the crown regarding our complaints but have had no reply. So our tips: don't settle for room 806 and maybe don't book through agoda as it seems you get treated as a second class citizen. Definitely not worth $350 a night and we won't be staying here again as we only took away bad memories of our accommodation on our wedding weekend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Monique B
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

I was disappointed to hear of your experience with us. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed onto our Maintenance Manager regarding the issues you experienced with the room.

I apologise that your wedding day stay with us did not live up to your expectations. This isnt the experience that we aspire to provide our guests and I believe that you have been contacted by our Duty Manager regarding your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Metropol in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Bad experiences using concerige booking taxi as everyone gave different replied. Confirmed the maxi cab booking ended no booking on the day of going out for dinner in northbridge who I needed to bring my daddy as handicapped senior. First I thought it was taxi company problem but when I asked the restaurant people to help us call the taxi back it was so fast only took 3 to 5 mins to get the taxi. It was very rude that hotel already deactivated our room key card while we are still inside the room at around 11am which we had told them that we would do check out at 12 or 12.30pm..
As in house guest I supposed we have seat for breakfast but only given 45 mins as been told the seats already being booked for next guests... I never encountered such a bad services 5***** hotel which I think it only worth for 3 stars as for comparison.
Staffs here also not so friendly as seldom see their smiling face welcoming their guests...
I had been Australia for many many times even had my uni years in here but for returning to this city this time I found services & friendliness all changed & gone...
Especially this hotel given a very bad services & I won't ever come back to this hotel anymore as I think it is not worth it at all

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Janice_9391
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your experience at Crown Metropol Perth.

I apologise for the circumstances surrounding your taxi booking request. Whilst taxi's are hard to come by at certain times of the day, your feedback has been passed onto the team regarding providing appropriate information. I have also passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast experience to our food and beverage team.

We do focus strongly on providing a quality customer service experience here at Crown Metropol and am dissapointed to read that you did not experience this on your stay.

I do hope we get the opportunity to change your perception of Crown Metropol Perth in the future and would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

For a rare night without the kids this has to be the best place in Perth, the hotel is exceptional, great choice of restaurants, awesome pool area and a great assortment of bars.
We loved it and will be back as often as we can.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra cost treat yourself to a "loft", it was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love the Crown complex in Melbourne and was equally delighted at the complex in Perth.
The foyer is large and grand, with helpful staff greeting you upon entry. The room was surprisingly spacious with a lovely refurbishment. Modern, clean and very comfortable.
My room overlooked the amazing pool complex which would have been wonderful to try out. Also, there are wonderful restaurants right below you such as Nobu and Guillame.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a pool view room if there's a function/ party by the pool. It's loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LouMelbourne11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Promenade Perth
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
Duxton Hotel
#16 of 75 in Perth
4.0 of 5 stars 830 reviews

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!