“Terrible service to address as 5***** luxurious hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Metropol Perth

Save Saved
You added Crown Metropol Perth to your Saves list
Crown Metropol Perth
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Blockbuster
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Burswood
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Terrible service to address as 5***** luxurious hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Bad experiences using concerige booking taxi as everyone gave different replied. Confirmed the maxi cab booking ended no booking on the day of going out for dinner in northbridge who I needed to bring my daddy as handicapped senior. First I thought it was taxi company problem but when I asked the restaurant people to help us call the taxi back it was so fast only took 3 to 5 mins to get the taxi. It was very rude that hotel already deactivated our room key card while we are still inside the room at around 11am which we had told them that we would do check out at 12 or 12.30pm..
As in house guest I supposed we have seat for breakfast but only given 45 mins as been told the seats already being booked for next guests... I never encountered such a bad services 5***** hotel which I think it only worth for 3 stars as for comparison.
Staffs here also not so friendly as seldom see their smiling face welcoming their guests...
I had been Australia for many many times even had my uni years in here but for returning to this city this time I found services & friendliness all changed & gone...
Especially this hotel given a very bad services & I won't ever come back to this hotel anymore as I think it is not worth it at all

• Stayed November 2012
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your experience at Crown Metropol Perth.

I apologise for the circumstances surrounding your taxi booking request. Whilst taxi's are hard to come by at certain times of the day, your feedback has been passed onto the team regarding providing appropriate information. I have also passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast experience to our food and beverage team.

We do focus strongly on providing a quality customer service experience here at Crown Metropol and am dissapointed to read that you did not experience this on your stay.

I do hope we get the opportunity to change your perception of Crown Metropol Perth in the future and would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

For a rare night without the kids this has to be the best place in Perth, the hotel is exceptional, great choice of restaurants, awesome pool area and a great assortment of bars.
We loved it and will be back as often as we can.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra cost treat yourself to a "loft", it was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love the Crown complex in Melbourne and was equally delighted at the complex in Perth.
The foyer is large and grand, with helpful staff greeting you upon entry. The room was surprisingly spacious with a lovely refurbishment. Modern, clean and very comfortable.
My room overlooked the amazing pool complex which would have been wonderful to try out. Also, there are wonderful restaurants right below you such as Nobu and Guillame.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a pool view room if there's a function/ party by the pool. It's loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

- Room / Overall -
Only here for a night but it was pretty luxurious. Rooms are big and faced the pool with a view of the city skyline and sunset. Comes with a big bathtub and huge flat screen TV. Separate rain shower and toilet. Has a study desk and 2 couches. Had a complimentary basket of fresh fruits.

Didn't come with breakfast though and heard that the buffet was sort of average from my family members. Pool area looked cool though. Very big with lots of different areas. Service from the concierge was great though. Managed our bags and car quite well.

- Location -
It's not really close to anything and you'd need to take a cab or drive out to get anywhere close to the city. Guess since it's a casino it's meant to be self-supporting so there are restaurants and cafes in the casino that you could dine at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I found myself staying at this hotel because I was speaking at a conference there. The first problem is the long queues at reception – people in the queue told me that is par for the course here.

Then there was the long wait for a cup of coffee at the copy shop in the foyer. A friend said "you get used to it after a few stays".

The worst of all is the cost of Wi-Fi in your room. It's bad enough that they charge $29 a day but that is per device. Most people these days have a laptop and a phone and an iPad. That's a total of $87 a day just for Wi-Fi.

When I complained they said they were trying to fix it but they had to negotiate with their Wi-Fi supplier and it may take months. I cannot believe the Crown don't have any negotiating power!.

Room Tip: I suggest any travellers bring their own Wi-Fi device.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We arrived on a Sunday and the place was packed. I can’t remember the event but there were children and families everywhere in the massive foyer.

Check in was quick and not overly friendly. We were told there would be building noise from 7am in the morning and then they said “we’ve put you on the first floor”. Thanks. When we reached our room someone had just been smoking in there. We asked for another room and got one down the corridor that was clean and smoke free.
The room was beautifully appointed and very sumptuous with a great view towards Perth and the golf course. I could see the view from the bath tub which you could open up to the bedroom!

Overall it was a very comfortable well appointed room. What was not so comfortable was the size of the hotel and the people absolutely everywhere. You normally account for this in a big hotel, but without the friendly personal service of front desk it was a fairly anonymous stay. We were just one of many.

Some points – as paying hotel guests there is no discount in the Atrium restaurant. Breakfast is about $36. It is a hefty price, but we have been here before and it is one of the best buffet breakfasts around with everything you could imagine from omelettes made on the spot, crispy bacon, cheeses, a waffle station with a honeycomb dripper for fresh honey and even a selection of desserts like pannacotta.

The gym is excellent and one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel – medicine balls, boxing area, rowers, you name it. Most of it Life Fitness stuff and all new.

It would have been amazing stay if only the service had been a bit better.

Room Tip: Try the Rockpool bar for dinner. Absolutely delicious at half the price.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I had a night away to celebrate my birthday and were very impressed with our one night stay at Crown Metropol. The room was well presented and newly renovated. We loved how the bathroom was integrated into the room - it was lots of fun having a bath and being able to see out the window! The staff (particularly the concierge) were friendly, very helpful and professional. Breakfast at the Atrium was high quality with an excellent range of dishes available. The only negative would be the price of the rooms meant this could only be an occasional treat!

Room Tip: air conditioning was a bit noisy (we had a room on the 8th floor)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!