I found myself staying at this hotel because I was speaking at a conference there. The first problem is the long queues at reception – people in the queue told me that is par for the course here.
Then there was the long wait for a cup of coffee at the copy shop in the foyer. A friend said "you get used to it after a few stays".
The worst of all is the cost of Wi-Fi in your room. It's bad enough that they charge $29 a day but that is per device. Most people these days have a laptop and a phone and an iPad. That's a total of $87 a day just for Wi-Fi.
When I complained they said they were trying to fix it but they had to negotiate with their Wi-Fi supplier and it may take months. I cannot believe the Crown don't have any negotiating power!.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Burswood Hotel Perth
- Intercontinental Burswood Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the banks of the world-famous Swan River overlooking the stunning sun kissed backdrop of the Perth city skyline, Crown Metropol Perth redefines luxury accommodation offering a distinctive, modern and unmistakably luxurious escape.Each of Crown Metropol Perth’s guest rooms are abundant with space and natural light and feature high-tech entertainment facilities, plush furnishings and spacious bathrooms, plus guests have access to our renowned resort-style pool area, children’s zone and glamorous ISIKA Perth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Olotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Crown Metropol Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.