“The Crown in Perth was the same high service as The Crown in Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Promenade Perth

You added Crown Promenade Perth to your Saves list
Crown Promenade Perth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bolton Avenue & Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia (Formerly Holiday Inn Burswood)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter Comforts
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Melbourne, Australia
“The Crown in Perth was the same high service as The Crown in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Although it was a 1 night stay for business and I arrived at midnight, I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating even at that time. I had a room upgrade to a suite in 701 which if you were looking for space, a great view and a room away from the traffic of the elevator this was the best location in the hotel. I had breakfast the following morning and the staff were exactly the service you would expect in a hotel of this rating. The food was good but nothing stood out as different from any other breakfast buffet in a hotel.
Check out staff were attentive and friendly.
I had a really good stay and will be booking again for my next trip.
My only suggestion is pay the tiny bit extra for valet parking as its a bit spread out the self parking with your baggage.

• Stayed August 2013
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Samanthajoanne1974,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth.

Delighted to read that you enjoyed the suite and that your stay was enjoyable and relaxing whilst on business.

Your lovely feedback regarding the team shall be passed on to them, thank you.

Please do drop me a line when you are next staying in order that I can thank you personally.

Until then,

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Karratha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the crown for a week for business. I was welcomed by staff from the very begining. Once in my room a beautiful fruit basket was waiting for me and due to the longevity of my stay the hotel had already thought about giving me extra items like more coat hangers and a letter to try to find my perfernces out regarding frequency of cleaning of the romm, did i need extra mini bar or no mini bar etc. Mid way though the week i was also given another fruit basket which was a nice surprise. Services and food were excellent and being attached to the casino means if you want to have a nice meal and drink you have to go no further as resturants attached have great food and many bars in the casino... so no extra costs in taxi fares etc. No chance of drinking and driving.

Room Tip: I personally would ask for a room away from the lifts and the hotel is very busy and the noise from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Julie M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade on Tripadvisor.

Delighted to read that you enjoyed our long stay programme and that your stay was an enjoyable. We do have over 32 food and beverage outlets on site now, so something for everyone, glad to read you managed to get out and experience these.

Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have had another wonderful two nights stay at this lovely hotel, which is part of the magnificent Crown Complex. We stayed in a Classic Twin Room, and had two very comfortable double beds. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom, and the views were beautiful, overlooking the Crown Metropol, the Casino and the Merrywell, plus we had another big window that overlooked Perth and the Swan River. We have had numerous stays at this lovely Hotel and Complex, and have never found one fault, and will always return to stay here again, without any hesitation. The Staff are always so friendly, super efficient, beautifully groomed and nothing is ever too much trouble. Upon your arrival, as you enter the Lobby, you are greeted with the most gorgeous aroma, it is just beautiful. Our accommodation rates were very good, in comparison with other Perth hotel prices, but unfortunately, did not include breakfast. We would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: I would request a room on a high floor, overlooking the Hotel Metropol, and the Casino.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Norma P,

Delighted to read that you enjoyed our recent stay and that the team looked after you, your lovely feedback shall be passed onto the housekeeping team and front office teams, thank you.

Gisborne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a complete disgrace. I have traveled extensively and stayed in Hotels all over the world. Everything from 2 stars in London to 6 Stars in Dubai and pretty much everything in between. I have never been so disappointed with a Hotel before. This place is reportedly a 4.5 star hotel, don't be fooled, by Australian standards it feels more like a 3 star motel.

If they charged like a 3 star motel you might let it slide .. but they charge like a mallee bull. eg. We booked 2 rooms on a package that includes breakfast for 2 per room. On check-in the receptionist informs us that as we have 3 Adults and 1 Child - we must pay for breakfast for the child as she is not an Adult. Excuse me ... what planet are you on?

I can only believe they have a somewhat captive clientele of Casino goers who don't really use the room and don't care how much they pay.

Two positives from the stay here; I managed to make a reasonable withdrawal from the Casino on the night and the Concierge/Valet guys were very pleasant & professional. Otherwise I have nothing positive to say about this place.

Trust me .. stay in town at a nice hotel for the same money and take a cab to the Casino.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear smeg01

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on Tripadvisor.

I have also read your comments on your questionnaire which you submitted to the hotel and would like to thank you for your lovely commendations regarding the staff at concierge and valet.

From your questionnaire and your Tripadvisor comments, I understand that your disappointing experience has arisen upon arrival when our cash policy was explained to you since your preferred method of payment was cash.

I do apologise that you were unhappy regarding this, however this is a normal policy in the majority of hotels when using this method of payment. Hotels do this for security and different hotels have varying amounts of bond depending on which hotel, Crown Promenade takes a $200.00 bond which is refunded upon departure.

I read from the rest of your questionnaire that you were satisfied with the rest of your stay.

Thank you for your feedback once again.

Crown Promenade Perth

Travelers are raving about these Burswood hotels

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the third visit and as expected, well trained staff at every turn. From the valet parking to reception to waiter service. All pleasant, not overbearing and very efficient. The room is clean and comfortable. Not quite as good a size room or fitout as the promenade in Melbourne but a very good stay when comparing price. Happy to recommend this hotel compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Perth CBD.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kazza880,

Pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and the team were pleasant and welcoming, your lovely feedback shall be passed on to the team.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Crown promenade had great stylish rooms with very comfy bed and also had a great relaxing bath. The rooms were clean and the hotel was flawless in its service, I can definitely recommend staying here. The Isika spa was very relaxing and the prices not too bad, I had a relaxation massage and it was very luxurious. It has great restaurants onsite, our favourite Rockpool was just the best meal I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sydkitten,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your room, and having experienced Isika myself, can agree that the experience is truly relaxing and luxurious, and Rockpool another fantastic choice.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Promenade soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights when we visited Perth for a concert. The rooms were well appointed and clean. We paid about $235 per night which included buffet breakfast and chocolates and wine on arrival. Given Perth's hotel prices I found the rate to be a pretty good deal.

Breakfast was really busy everyday and we found we had to wait 5 minutes or so for a table no matter what time we arrived. The first morning we arrived around 8am and the morning after the concert at 10:30am and it was just as busy. Coffee/tea service was really slow.

We had a really quick check-in, however, we did arrive at 10pm so that would be expected. I did notice that around 3 to 4pm on the following couple of days huge lines that snaked around reception.

Despite the couple of comments above I would have given this hotel 5 out of 5 had it not have been for our experience on check-out. We had a late afternoon flight so we checked-out of the room at 11am and stored our luggage (5 pieces in total) with Concierge to collect after lunch at the Merrywell (in the adjacent Crown complex). My friends parents were taking us to the airport, and after a taking a little longer that we planned at lunch we returned to meet them at the hotel reception. My friend and I were shocked when we arrived at reception to meet her parents who told us they had our luggage in their car already and let's go........How does a hotel hand over a guests luggage to strangers (this was their first time to the hotel) when all they had was the surname of my friend?? Not even a room number. Do they think 60 year old people don't steal? I had made a point of keeping the luggage receipt given to me by the Concierge desk in my pocket so I could produce it as soon as we got back to the hotel. Turns out they hand them out but don't bother asking for them before handing over guest property. This experience left a really bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!