“Terrible by all standard” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Promenade Perth

You added Crown Promenade Perth to your Saves list
Crown Promenade Perth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bolton Avenue & Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia (Formerly Holiday Inn Burswood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Essentials
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Perth, Australia
“Terrible by all standard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Came here to celebrate my dad's birthday so have booked 2 rooms. As front desk could see a toddler was part of the guest, they still booked us at the nightclub side..

Beware light sleeper/ family with kids - make sure you request for the side facing away from Eve nightclub. We were all up past 2am and apparently its common to last past 3am! I couldn't compromise my sanity so requested a room change.

Service - shockingly none there. The evening front desk guy promised to pass our new room keys under the door so we could go straight back to bed. This would have been nice if he did follow with his promise. I called up front desk twice for my front keys to be told finally (15'mins later) I need to come down myself to get the keys (no apologies and offer of coming to us).

Offer of compensation for the inconvenience was not there too. I had to ask if they could throw in complimentary breakfast... Was ignored a few times and when I finally got through to Lucy, I was offered only half the party having free bk but the rest just have to pay. Nice offer to give us 2 adults bk but really leaves a bad taste to our experience.

Cleanliness - again need work done. Carpet under bed is not vacuumed (my baby likes to move beds) and bathroom needs proper cleaning.... It looks like they have provided a quick 5mins cleaning in my opinion.

Comfort - bed is super comfort. Try and book TWIN not Queen. The twin beds are massive by most standard.. But the queen can only fit 2 adults but just only.
Room size is huge and I'm happy with it.

Amenities - OMG NO TOOTHBRUSH! I have been to even 2stars hotel with basic bathroom amenities which sadly is missing at this hotel.
To purchase would cost you a 5 star resort price. See photo.

Location- awesome if you want to hang out crown.

Sorry but I would never come back here with the service and standard provided. Crown metropo was definitely of much higher standard.

I would class crown promenade a 2 star hotel only if you take the Crown brand away.

• Stayed July 2013
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Rikimo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay in relation to the noise and lack of follow up with room moving you efficiently, I have followed up with the team involved that you dealt with, and also have your direct contact details and shall be in contact with you shortly to go through the points you have raised.

Kind regards
Crown Promenade Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights for a conference. The room was as expected - standard size, clean, comfortable bed and lounge chair. The staff were great, able to check me in a couple of hours early, and made up my room at the times requested while I was at conference sessions. Only downsides were poor cable TV reception, and as always, having to pay extra for wireless Internet these days is disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear kcpac,

Pleased to read that the room was comfortable during your time at Crown Promenade whilst attending your conference.

We did experience a power surge at the property during your time with us, which did impact the cable TV service, this has now been rectified, apologies for the disruption to your viewing.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind regards
Karratha, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Room was average for Perth but the staff were excellent especially the concierge. Booked lots of taxis and always on time. Most impressed with the courtesy bus at the railway station. The park and walk along the river was most enjoyable. Food in the restaurant was of good quality and breakfast was really good with lots of choice.

Room Tip: Twin room was adequate for two adults and wasn't too noisy even facing the casino.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Fiona E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

Concierge is delighted to receive your feedback and acknowledgement for the service that they deliver, thank you very much.

We are spoiled for lots of choice in restaurants and glad you enjoyed same.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Looking forward to your return soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beware...at 2 am the guests next door had a shower and the reverberation and noise in our room from the pipes or hot water or whatever which woke me up and kept me awake for over 20 mins while the guest showered. It was coming right behind the bedhead and that wall throughout our whole room (Rm 616). I could hear them dropping soap etc as well. Very hard to get back to sleep after that.
At check out they weren't concerned as though they'd heard this complaint before and instead of dealing with it tried to handball to the manager.
Check in is a lengthy process it took 25 mins or more to stand in line on a Saturday evening and then nearly 5 mins or more to check ourselves in. We had prebooked online and they had all our details so not sure why it is so time consuming. They did offer people waiting macrons so they must know this is an issue.
We paid $38 for valet and the car was brought round promptly, however when we walked towards the car the 4 valet staff didn't came over with the keys or to help with bags we had to break up their little get together to find any assistance. Surely not too hard when being checked out & paying for the valet, for them to notify valet staff to do this ??
Customer service and room quality is greatly lacking here. The locality being close and convenient to the Crown and the cheaper cost option compared to the Crown hotel itself are the only positives.
The bathroom grout in the bath/ shower is disgusting and there were hairs in the bath, yuck!
We ordered room service for breakfast. The "hot" food was cold and they didn't provide everything that was ticked on the card.
When you are charged $380/ night (Sat) for this poor customer service and sub standard, basic rooms .... I'm sorry but I expect much, much more!!
I have filled out their little survey and expressed these issues to management, we shall see if I get any kind of response.
There is nothing luxury here, Pay for a cab and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Iluvluxurynroses

I am disappointed to read of your experience when you stay at Crown Promenade Perth, I have myself personally investigated your room 616 and your next door room 618 and I have not been able to replicate the sound that you heard, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you so I can conduct further investigation please, I can be contacted at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au I do apologise if you feel that this was passed to the Duty Manager, however we take these complaints very seriously and should be addressed with the most senior person in the hotel at the time, which would have been the Duty Manager.

I look forward to hearing from you so I can further discuss the points that you have raised.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything about our stay here was easy and went very smoothly. I booked online about 3 months in advance and paid with credit card. Check in took about 15 minutes even though it was peak check in time friday afternoon.
We had a room on the second floor facing the night club. I was a little worried at first as i thought it might be noisy. But i had a great sleep and the beds are very comfy.
During our weekend we had dinner at Modo mio. An italian restaurant that was absolutely delish with generous servings. I made an appointment at isika spa for a quick eyebrow wax but wish i could have stayed longer. Even though it was just an eyebrow wax i felt very pampered and relaxed.
Check out was very quick. I stood in line and was offered express check out as i had paid on credit card. We were out within 5 minutes of leaving the room. Everyone was very helpful.
I will definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early or are a very light sleeper you might want to request a room away from the ni...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear disneybon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you decided to stay at Crown Resort for your girly weekend away, excellent choice in visiting Isika Spa, it truly is an experience not to be missed, the team at Isika do a wonderful job of making you feel pampered and relaxed.

Modo Mio, another great choice, great ambiance served with great food, delighted to read that you enjoyed!

I do hope it is not too long before you have the opportunity to have another girly weekend and experience more of Crown Resort, please contact me for suggestions prior to your next visit and I can let you know of all the promotions around the resort.

Thank you for your lovely feedback which I will be passing on to the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next weekend away.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Good quality hotel that responded quickly to problems that I encountered with noisy guests next door. Friendly service, restaurant does great coffee and th bacon at breakfast is actually cooked well which is unusual for buffet breakfasts.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Denita W,

I am delighted to read that the team were friendly, and you enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Market & Co, their coffee is delicious as well as the selection of buffet breakfast items, your lovely feedback has been passed onto the teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. very good hotel. Nice well appointed rooms, did have foxfooty which was great. Parking was pricey for valet $38 per day however not that unlike rest of perth. Or if you self park its $20 per entry/exit and you cant charge it to your room bill. hotel foyer is a 1 minute walk from casino entrance which may be a bad thing. Check in and check out was fast and efficient. Staff seemed to making an extra effort to provide good service. Breakfast was expensive at like $32 and not any other cheaper options. fitness centre was okay, had 3 treadmills and other equipment. maybe some more weights would be good. Overall very good and would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Somewhatfrequent,

Delighted to read your comments that our team at reception desk delivered good service and your stay was enjoyable.

We do have a variety of restaurants serving breakfast Junction Grill breakfast offerings starting from $6.95.

We are pleased to advise that we are awaiting delivery of completely new gym equipment, featuring personal TV’s and i-pod docking stations, today we have just installed more weights, which I am sure you will enjoy on your next visit.

Once again thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Promenade Perth in the near future.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!