“Average.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Promenade Perth

You added Crown Promenade Perth to your Saves list
Crown Promenade Perth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bolton Avenue & Great Eastern Highway, Burswood, Western Australia 6100, Australia (Formerly Holiday Inn Burswood)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter Comforts
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burswood
Perth, Australia
“Average.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Room was average. View of cement walls and carpark. Lobby small with sickly smell of vanilla. Had deal including champagne and chocs which were not in room on arrival and took over an hour to arrive despite 2 phone calls. No shower gel provided. We live in Perth, stayed between 2 days of a conference. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear 255103Marie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I do apologise that your stay was not to your satisfaction and that you viewed the room as average, I would suggest recommending the Crown Metropol for your next visit as I believe this would be more to your liking, the Crown Metropol has luxurious finishes and stunning views over the river and outstanding leisure facilities which I am sure would surpass your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback, and if I can be of assistance on your next visit in assisting with a room choice at Crown Metropol, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Geraldton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room was very clean and tidy. I was expecting it to be a noisy hotel but this was not the case.
The concierge on my arrival was very polite and helpful. On the second day I also had a pleasant experience with the concierge; he was very polite and provided some really helpful information.
Parking at the hotel is quite expensive however there is free parking very close by a
t the dome which is perfect.
I purchased a cappuccino from the restraunt and it was very nice. I also ordered room service one night and the meal was okay.

Room Tip: If you want to use the gym book a room on the ground floor so you don't have to walk through the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear finerthingsinlife23,

Delighted to read that your room was clean and comfortable and that the team at the concierge desk were able to assist you with your queries, your lovely feedback has been passed on to them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Promenade in the near future.

Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Bathrooms need some attention to detail, chipping from bottom of door, tiling around bath is old, holes in the floor tiles. The rest of the hotel has been somewhat renovated but the bathroom have not had attention paid

• Stayed June 2013
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Pip1980

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Crown Promenade on TripAdvisor.

I do apologise for chipped paint on the bottom of your bathroom door, we are in the midst of refreshing all of our rooms at the hotel for our guests continued comfort and would be happy to discuss this programme with you direct and can be contacted at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked a room online and in the comments we wrote "celebrating a special occasion, can we please upgrade if possible?" We asked again at check in if this was possible. Clerk went away to check with her manager and told us politely that unfortunately this wasn't possible, we accepted this. Asked if we were here for a special occasion during check in and told her yes, it was my birthday and my whole family were also checking in. She immediately said she could send up some sparkling and chocs which was appreciated. Got to our room to discover we had been allocated a wheelchair accessible room. VERY disappointed. Room was clean but small, bathroom- no bench space, no toilet lid and toilet too high and uncomfortable, extraction fan not working, so when we did use the shower apart from worrying about slipping on the floor filled with water the windows and mirrors all fogged up. Staff pleasant and professional. Would we stay again? Probably not after this experience, would rather pay the extra and stay at the metropol.

Dear Larabear22,

I note that you stayed during the weekend, and we do get a lot of guests who come to the Crown Resort at the weekend for special occasions, we do upgrade if we can, however most couple or groups who want the spa suites or suite rooms, pay and book them at the time they make the booking, so we don’t have any complimentary upgrades during the weekend, however I am pleased to read that the team gave you complimentary bottle of bubbles and gourmet chocolates for your celebration.

Our accessible rooms are classed as standard queens rooms, if you booked a standard queen bed room, then this is what was delivered to you, the bathroom is the same size as other standard queen bedrooms, with the exception of a bath, I would be happy to update your hotel profile for your preference for a bath in the room, and can be contacted at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Once again thank you for your feedback.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Minimum $350 a night for an average room at best. Add a $200 bond and a 1.5% surcharge for credit card payment, and you're left feeling like you've been robbed before you even enter to room - or like the staff believe you to be untrustworthy.

$350 does not include breakfast, and Internet access also carries an additional cost. The room was quite basic, with a shower curtain in the bathroom and a clear view of the carpark - not very exciting.

At this price, I expected something with a little "wow" factor and luxury, and was sorely disappointed. Perth has hotels that are much more worthy of a stay than this one. I had just left a place that was half the price, included Internet, breakfast, and parking, had a pool and a better view - much more comfortable.

To be fair, I could access a pool at the Promenade too - for an extra $49 a day.

To summarise: unbelievably overpriced and not worth wasting your time on. Clean.

Dear Misstheground,

We do have in all of our collateral that a credit card will be required upon check in, where we process the accommodation rate and we pre-authorise your credit card only, this is not a $200.00 charge, this allows you to visit over 25 outlets on site and be able to charge back to your room. If you do not utilise this money the bank releases it back on to your card, this is a normal practise across city hotels.

Our credit card surcharge is again common not only in hotels, but most outlets and venues now, where you purchase items on credit card, Crown has one of the lowest surcharges in the market.

The access to the Promenade pool is free and part of staying at the hotel, I believe the charge you are referring to is the entrance fee to the Crown Metropol hotel with the multiple range of indoor and outdoor pools and water slides.

I do apologise that we did not live up to your expectations, we do benchmark our prices regularly with similar offerings in Perth and we are appropriately priced, our room rates start from $199.00 upwards

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Travelers are raving about these Burswood hotels

cheltenham, victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Great service and great rooms. Decor in room is wonderful, everything is comfortable - even the office chair. From the moment I walked in I felt looked after, sweets at reception and apologies for the wait for checkin-I was checking in at their busiest time of day. Guest services are quick and obviously hotel is perfectly located next to crown complex so if that's where you want to be then great but to tell you the truth I'd be happy to stay here and make the journey into Perth city if required. It's just great. I've stayed at promenade in melbourne and Perth is my preference.lastly they value return guests and i love that! Easily 4.5 star. Btw I didn't order but the room service menu has good variety and reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2013
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear biancarose_b

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that the team looked after you well during your stay with us, and you enjoyed the sweet treats on the reception desk.

It is a testament to our service and hotel, when guests like yourself do return to stay with us, so we do like to show our gratitude with special welcome amenities, pleased you enjoyed.

We look forward to your next return visit to Crown Promenade Perth, until then

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Recently stayed at the Crown Promenade in Perth - not sure why I was allocated a room with a wheelchair accessible bathroom, but was initially unconcerned. It proved to be more problematic in use however - as the design meant that I was effectively in a bathroom whose floor became effectively more water covered (and nerve wracking) as I used the sower area. There was also no bench space at all in the bathroom, and no lid on the toilet. Not ideal for someone for whom those adaptations are not required. Other than that the room was very pleasant and the staff terrific. Had I been staying more than one night, I would have requested a room change, and my rating for this property might have been higher!

Room Tip: If you do not require accessible facilities, make sure you don't end up with them!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear dsm1961

We do have an accessible room on each floor, and when we are full occupancy we do utilize these rooms unless there is a specific request for a bath from a guest, I would be more than happy to update your personal profile on our hotel system with your preferences and can be contacted at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

I am pleased to read that apart from this, the staff were accommodating and your room was pleasant.

I look forward to receiving your details in order that I can update your profile.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!