“A sight to see” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Linking Michigan's two peninsulas, this mighty bridge has a total length of five miles.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
“A sight to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you never do anything else, take a trip to the Straits to see this bridge. It's a work of art. If you time it right, you might even get to walk over her. This is what we went to do on Labor Day.

Louisville, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
“Labor Day Bridge Walk Is The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

One of the items on my wife's bucket list has been to walk the Mackinac Bridge during the annual Labor Day bridge walk. This was her year to check that item off the list. This years walk was held on September 2, 2013. Although the weather wasn't the best the hardy Michiganders weren't deterred by it. An estimated crowd of 50,000 walkers made the trek this year. I can't give enough praise to the organizers, support crew, and volunteers that run this event. Everything ran flawlessly. Thank you all. It appears that my wife's bucket list just got about 5 miles longer (the length of the walk) because we will be making this walk again.

7 attraction reviews
“Watch the History channel video before you come.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The bridge is beautiful and so impressive. I'm glad we got the History Channel's video on the making of the bridge. It gives a whole new appreciation of those who made the Mackinac Bridge possible. $ 4 each way for a passenger vehicle.

Bay City, Michigan
1,020 reviews 1,020 reviews
370 attraction reviews
2,145 helpful votes 2,145 helpful votes
“Why is the Mackinac Bridge listed under Cross Village???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't know the answer to that question and it shouldn't be listed under Cross Village, but under Mackinaw City or St. Ignace!

I experienced the Mackinac Bridge in a different medium this time around. Having driven and walked the bridge many a time, taken a boat under the bridge, stood under it, and having flown over it, I had to change things up! LOL.

So, what was my enlightening experience? I drove over it. By myself. At 2:30 AM!! NO traffic!! I practically had the Bridge to myself! I drove very slowly. I listened to the wind. I saw the far off lights of the island and mainland. I heard the tires going over the open grate lane. I looked out at the very dark sky. And I chatted with the attendant in the toll booth for a few minutes! it was surreal!

I didn't have plans to do this; however, after trying for 2 hours to sleep and still wide awake, I decided to go for a short drive. After driving around MC for a few minutes, I decided to go over the Bridge and back. Glad I did!

Anyone who visits this area and does not take the time to drive the Bridge, is missing one of the most beautiful views in the world!

Visited August 2013
Cheboygan, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
“no one to Northern Michigan should miss a trip to the bridge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The views are unbelievable, and the lighted bridge at night is quite a sight. This bridge spans 5 miles over the straights, connecting Lake Michigan with Lake Huron. Watch freighters go by, other boats, waterfowl and just enjoy the unbelievable suspension bridge, one of the largest in the world.

Visited August 2013