“Awkward experience” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Marquette
“Awkward experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First meal at the Mariner. Main TV in the restaurant was opposite of the bar so all bar customers face the TV and consequently all the tables. It felt like everyone was watching us eat. OK service, not very friendly just wanted to get the job done, it seemed. Menu is not very vegetarian friendly. I ordered a vegetable panini and it was bland. The pizzas looked good that were being served, maybe that's the way to go here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Don't order a soda!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My friend and I stopped for lunch ; we ordered lunch and two sodas. The wait was quite long for our food , and our sodas came about the time the food arrived. The sodas were from the bar tap and not out of a can. When we went to pay our bill the cost for the two sodas was 5.00 ; My friend said that those were some high priced ice cubes that filled those glasses. We Will Not Go Back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calumet, Michigan
“Great Service from wait staff, wanna be chef with an attitude.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have had many meals at the Mariner North but, one bad one really sticks out. Our waitress was beyond caring for the area and much better than I expected but the so called chef refused to make me a steak 20 minutes before 5 pm and made me wait till 5 pm to order it. I ordered my steak rare and came back medium at best. That was after having overdone friend mushrooms on the outside and frozen in the middle. The owner did come to the table and apologize for the food and personally stood by the so called chef while he made me a new steak and I was not charged for the mushrooms. I will say every other trip to the Mariner was above average and the service was always good. The replacement steak was much better. We were also given a complimentary desert that was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mohawk, Michigan
“A must eat place in Copper Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We experienced a great meal with good service at the Mariners in Copper Harbor with good service, the food was hot and well presented

Visited June 2012
Eagan, Minnesota
“Huge menu, nice bar & lounge, wi-fi here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We ate here 3 different times, and each meal was wonderful. Get their chicken salad sandwich! They use a ton of chicken, dried cherries from the region, and walnuts. Oh my, was that ever good! Service was also quick & courteous, and prices were very reasonable.

Visited September 2012