“Excellent cabin experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Minnetonka Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
Minnetonka Resort
Copper Harbor, MI 49918   |
Evanston, Illinois, United States
“Excellent cabin experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was a nice weekend although the weather was terrible. We chose to lodge in two cabins for ten of us. One of them have kitchen and all the kitchenwares we need to have a nice dinner, which was nice. Also, Minnetonka is located at the heart of Copper Harbor and is super convenient to lake frount, lighthouse, Brockway mountain and more.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
MICHIGAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent one night in a 2 bedroom cabin. This unit did not have a kitchen but did have a coffee pot and small fridge. The place was cute but a bit rustic. I do have to say it was probably the cleanest place we have ever stayed..maybe even my own home! The beds were comfortable and it did have DirectTv with a lot of stations. It was a cold weekend and the wall heater did get the place warm although it took awhile. Would not hesitate to stay here again. I do have to say that the furnishings are from the 60's or 70's which I thinks adds to the charm!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family stayed here the second week in July. My husband, myself, two of our daughters along with my sister and her three kids stayed in the largest cabin. My mom her uncle and two of my other daughters stayed in a cabin behind us. They are a bit rustic but very comfortable, charming little cottages and VERY clean which is a must for me! We only stayed one night, but we would have loved to have stayed another. When I made the reservation the lady with whom I spoke to on the phone was so friendly and was helpful about what to do there and even what to do for our next stop in Munising. She said that she would mail me a brochure of Copper Harbor and the following week in the mail were several brochures and maps for Copper Harbor and Munising. The entire staff when we arrived were extremely friendly and helpful. The gift shop was very nice. I was surprised to find that Lake Superior is just a short walk across the street. We were coming from NC and I was a little nervous about making reservations somewhere before we could drive by and take a look see, but I am so pleased with our stay. We loved the cottages, staff and location. I couldn't be happier!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adliswil, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here at the end of June in 2013, and it was an excellent experience. The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but they are immaculately maintained. I can be quite picky with cleanliness, but they passed with flying colors.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, letting us check out a bit later so we could go have a late breakfast (although, I did think the checkout time was early). The front office is being remodelled and quite chaotic, but it didn't bother us. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean room in the center of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We just stayed here for our Fall vacation. We are SO happy that we picked the Minnetonka Resort! The little cabin was VERY clean, comfortable, and charming. Has a full sized stove and fridge, comfortable bed, and lots of hot water. Judy, the owner, and her family and employees were all great people! During rain, they had no problem letting us put our "bike" under cover and borrowing us an umbrella! Also has a wonderful gift shop with lots of local items, good selection of books, jewelery, good quality clothing and moccasins ~ only nice quality items. Good advice about where to eat, what to see, etc. It is in walking distance to most everything in town and very peaceful. The next trip to Copper Harbor will find us back to this resort!

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin #1. Even though it was right next to the road, we had NO problem with noise. Slep...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houghton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We spent one night at the Minnetonka in a one room cabin. The cabin was very rustic - cute - reminded me of staying at camp:O) The people who own this place are older and very nice. We really enjoyed our stay here. It is right downtown, close to all of the cute little shops and just a short walk to the lake. If you come to Copper Harbor don't miss going to Fort Wilkins and Brockway Mountain. Breakfast at the Tamarack Inn is really good and dinner at the Harbor Haus is awesome! We did the mini golf at the little course up there too which was really fun and the gardens there are beautiful.

The only thing that I would improve on at the Minnetonka is the shower! Our showerhead was old and in need of replacement and I kinda' had a cold shower too. Also a bonfire pit would have been very cool! Maybe put a bonfire pit where the burn barrel is now. It would be a lot of fun!! You could make smores!!:O) Overall though we had a very fun night!

Room Tip: If you don't want road noise ask for a room away from the highway!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is what you call old time road trip accommodations! We arrived in Copper Harbor without reservations and priced out a few places. For the atmosphere I decided that the Minnetonka Resort was the best deal. It was $70.00 plus tax. I was put off at first by the condition of the front desk, it's a bit of a chaotic mess to be honest. Papers everywhere, looks very unorganized which made me a tad bit nervous but I booked that stay anyway. They advertise an "antique Museum" for guests but when we asked to go in, they told us there was a $2 per person charge to unlock the door. I was like Are you serious??? I am paying to stay and you advertised it but now you want me to pay to go in a 10 foot by 10 foot shed? No, I refused to pay and we did not see the "Museum".

The cabin was cute and very rustic, like a real log cabin on the inside. There was only one chair so eating dinner was a bit tough for a party of two, but we worked it out. The bed was comfy and there was a lot of hot water in the AM. We walked around the area and went in a few shops, the old book store is very charming and a must see! Overall the service was poor, the room was cute and cozy and the area is beautiful. Had fun at the historic Pines in the area and the mountain drive. Worth the trip!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Minnetonka Resort? Share your experiences!