“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Coopersville

You added Rodeway Inn Coopersville to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Coopersville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 O'Malley Drive, Coopersville, MI 49404 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coopersville
Holt, Michigan
“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

When we arrived and opened our doors, we were greeted with the awful smell of the landfill located VERY nearby. The front desk clerk could barely speak english. As we entered the outside door to go to our room, we noticed a bunch of broken chairs and old TV's piled up under the stairway. As we entered our hallway the window at the end of the hallway was open so the smell from the dump permeated in. There was also a huge hole cut in the screen of the window (how nice to let all the bugs inside). In our room, the lounge chair had what appeared to be brownie crumbs all over it. The toilet paper had not been filled (none left on the roll). The TV amoire appeared not to have been dusted in a very long time and our fridgerator smelled of mold. AND to top it off, the hotel lost power for 4 hours in the middle of the night. I checked for bed bugs after reading previous reviews. I did not eat at the continental breakfast bar due to unclean areas.
So save your money, pay $20 more and stay in a nice place that gets cleaned on a regular basis.
DISGUSTING HOTEL!!

Room Tip: "Do Not Stay Here!"
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip where I would be traveling around the area. Usually I stay in slightly nicer places but thought I'd give it a try. The room wasn't awful but wasn't super clean either. The breakfast area was pretty messy. When I tried to check out the manager appeared to be sleeping in the office.

• Stayed August 2013
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We brought home BED BUGS from this hotel!!! It took weeks for us to get rid of them in our own home! Also, I wasn't pleased with the bathroom. There was hair in the tub. (not ours) I also found public hair on the "clean" towels. I'm sure they were washed, but the pubic hair was embedded in the towel. Kinda hard to miss a black, coarse pubic hair in a white towel. Gross. The rest of the hotel wasn't filthy, but it sure wasn't as clean as it should have been. The BED BUGS will keep me from ever coming here again, though. I still have scars from the bites!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

... when they ask if you want to pay cash for your room. I am a solo female traveler, and this was my experience here (no, I wasn't dressed like a hoochy, and at close to 60 years of age, I didn't think I gave off that kind of vibe.) I chose this place because accommodations closer to Spring Lake and Grand Haven were hard to get and very pricey. The room was so-so, and the upholstery on one of the fixtures was very stained. The lock on my door was out of kilter as well, making the door hard to open and to lock once inside. The facility advertised free WiFi, but the password isn't made readily available to guests. On the plus side, it is very convenient to I-96, to several local restaurants and only 20 minutes from Grand Haven's beaches (which is where I spent most of my time anyway). I would say that this is an okay place to crash for a night or two, but if I make this trip again I think I'll opt for something a little more upscale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The management of this hotel is exploiting folks who need to find a place to stay in a very rural area. Allendale is home to Grand Valley State University and many parents need to stay a few nights to get their young aduls set up at school. The last thing you need to think about is cleanliness and safety.
I have never written a negative review before because every one has bad days but this is my exception.

Room Tip: These rooms are not clean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Checked availability before bookings online using my Choice Privilege points, seen they had rooms with a king size beds available, come to find out after booking they only offer 2 double beds online. Upon arrival I asked the person working the desk who is the manager, ( Mr. Patel )if I could switch to a king bed instead, he said no because Choice Hotels doesn't reimburse him, and that for me to switch it would cost another $7.00. I reminded him I already paid and extra $44.00 for extra points to book the room, that I thought was going to be a free night after 2 previous stays, and that I would be a returning customer for the next 4 years since my son will be attending the near by college, that didn't matter much. So I paid the $7.00 + $44.00 for my free stay. Rooms don't have flat screen TV's, and very limited supplies in room, one soap, one shampoo, two towel, etc. Don't plan on going back much better deals else where.

Room Tip: Don't expect much, then you will be happy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. No problems with the motel or staff. The room was very clean. All the staff were friendly. Pool and hot tub were clean. I did not eat the breakfast. The bed was very comfortable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Coopersville? Share your experiences!