“Please take posted reviews seriously.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Coopersville

You added Rodeway Inn Coopersville to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Coopersville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 O'Malley Drive, Coopersville, MI 49404 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coopersville
“Please take posted reviews seriously.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The management of this hotel is exploiting folks who need to find a place to stay in a very rural area. Allendale is home to Grand Valley State University and many parents need to stay a few nights to get their young aduls set up at school. The last thing you need to think about is cleanliness and safety.
I have never written a negative review before because every one has bad days but this is my exception.

Room Tip: These rooms are not clean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Checked availability before bookings online using my Choice Privilege points, seen they had rooms with a king size beds available, come to find out after booking they only offer 2 double beds online. Upon arrival I asked the person working the desk who is the manager, ( Mr. Patel )if I could switch to a king bed instead, he said no because Choice Hotels doesn't reimburse him, and that for me to switch it would cost another $7.00. I reminded him I already paid and extra $44.00 for extra points to book the room, that I thought was going to be a free night after 2 previous stays, and that I would be a returning customer for the next 4 years since my son will be attending the near by college, that didn't matter much. So I paid the $7.00 + $44.00 for my free stay. Rooms don't have flat screen TV's, and very limited supplies in room, one soap, one shampoo, two towel, etc. Don't plan on going back much better deals else where.

Room Tip: Don't expect much, then you will be happy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. No problems with the motel or staff. The room was very clean. All the staff were friendly. Pool and hot tub were clean. I did not eat the breakfast. The bed was very comfortable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Haslett, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked a room with two queen beds over the phone. After checking in and going to our room we discovered the room had only double beds, not queens. My wife is 8 months pregnant and a double bed just wasn't going to be comfortable for her to sleep in. The room was also very small and not very clean looking. Everything was dated and old (think CRT TV). The hotel is also next to the freeway and across the freeway is an active landfill. When I went to the front desk to get our room switched, the front desk person said they don't have any rooms with queens, but we could upgrade to a room with a king. That wouldn't work for us since we had our two kids with us and needed a place for everyone to sleep. Ended up leaving and staying at another hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I made a reservation through Rodeway.com and found better price than other online hotel reservation sites, such as hotels.com and orbitz. We really enjoy the stay. We liked the jacuzze and swimming pool. The room was clean. The front desk was very helpful and nice. There were a lot of fast food restaurants to chose from. We'll definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

What are you looking for? A place to live and spend the whole day in or just a place to sleep, shower and go do stuff? If it's the latter, then this place will work. Sheets were clean, room neat, hot water, bathroom clean. Pool was in good shape, clean, maybe a little heavy on the chlorine, but given the looks of some of the other guests, well, I'll accept it. We spent 2 nights, no probs, quiet when you need it. The continental breakfast, meh. All starch, no protein, but it was fresh, not stale, hot coffee. I've been to better places but paid a heck of a lot more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was staying here with a few friends as it was the cheapest hotel within a 30 min radius. When we arrived at the hotel my friend had checked in so I went to the desk to ask for keys to the room. Without asking for any ID or any follow up info the guy at the front desk said he can't make new keys but they are in room 222. I know there are discrepancy laws that require the front desk to keep all of that information private for the safety of our stay. They room is cookie cutter but the rooms definitely need a renovation as the carpets look 20 years old and the mattresses are very uncomfortable. The drapes have a few cigarette burns, the maids don't move any of the furniture when they clean such as the end table or dresser and you can find lots of trash, toe nail clippings, dried contact lenses among other things. If you place your hand on any area high up like on top of the dresser there is easily a quarter inch of dust up there and considering dust is made up of dead skin cells I find this really gross. We had no other issues until we needed to have new keys made and the same front desk agent as he was making me keys said that his maid reported the smell of smoke in our room and we would be charged $150 dollars. Not a single one of us smoke so this was a completely absurd accusation. I work front office in hotels and when I mentioned this and said that in order for him to charge us he needs documented evidence that smoking took place in the room. His only proof was that his maid of 4 years could smell it and he could smell it. After reading some other reviews I can see that they have tried to pull this SCAM on other people. I think they need to spend more energy cleaning their rooms properly and following hospitality laws properly instead of throwing around false accusations in order to get more money from people. Avoid this place unless you want to end up in an argument with a pushy, rude front desk agent/owner

Room Tip: To choose a good room go anywhere but here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Coopersville? Share your experiences!