“Relaxing and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Michigan
“Relaxing and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Visited friends in the area and stayed here one night. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Front desk staff friendly and courteous.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

This is a wonderful hotel. I stayed here while visiting my grandfather at the local veterans home. The location is easy access to the interstate as well as the home. The staff was always pleasent and helpful. The rooms were immaculate and large. The continental breakfast was far above the typical bagel and boxed juice at most other places. It was so wonderful to walk in to fresh baked cookies or a large bowl of fruit each day. Did I mention the Staff is WONDERFUL. I will stay nowhere else for my future trips. This hotel is just fantastic!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Fenton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

This hotel was fantastic for our family's needs! I should probably mention that I am a travel agent and am harder to please than most people. The rooms were spotlessly clean, with very comfortable beds, and nice bathrooms. The room came complete with a fridge and microwave. What really stood out, however, was the superior service we received from the staff. After returning from the Whitecaps baseball game across the street, we were thrilled to be able to use a special room for our family reunion group with leather love seats to watch the movie of our choice at no charge. The kids enjoyed the small pool. After a good night sleep, breakfast was great. Staff seemed to constantly be replenishing food items and wiping down tables for the next diners. The food was hot and tasty. We were more than satisfied with our experience here. If only every hotel was this well run! It was truly perfect!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ypsilanti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Stayed one night with friends for local event. Front desk staff very friendly, efficient. Room was good size, as was the bathroom. I do agree with the other reviews, those expecting 2 seperate rooms will be disappointed that a suite here is defined as a large room divided with crown moulding on the ceiling, but I was fine with it.
Good cable TV channel selections. Always nice to have fridge/micro for snacks. Breakfast was fine, but like every other hotel that serves breakfast, you gotta balance the "gee, I wanna sleep in" and the timing of breakfast. If you want breakfast in the final hour of service (9a-10a) on a weekend, of course it's gonna be an animal house. However, the staff kept the area clean and it was overall a good experience.
I really appreciated the fact the entire hotel was non-smoking, it just lent to the overall cleanliness and enjoyment of the stay.
I'd stay again if in the area.

Stayed February 2008
Morris, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

My room was very nice! This is either a brand new hotel, or it has been recently remodeled. The room and meeting areas were clean, updated and well maintained. There was a divider between the bed and sitting area which included a refridgerator and microwave. So, if you're looking for two separate rooms with 2 TVs, you might want to look elsewhere

• Liked — New or updated room and facilities
  • Disliked — The bed was a little hard for my taste
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bear Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

Newer hotel.

Had a bit of a time finding the place even though I had directions. It's a ways back up from the road and the signage wasn't very good.

Everything went fine w/ check in.

Clean, spacious room w/ two beds, micro, fridge, and sleeper sofa.

Good breakfast.

Got there late... left early... but I enjoyed myself. Would stay again.

• Liked — Pretty much everything.
  • Disliked — Just off the highway, but kind of tucked away.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

We are in our early 60's and stayed here to visit our adult son in Rockford, MI. It was spotless everywhere we went. Bed was comfortable-towels a little rough for my taste. Continental breakfast was one of the best we have eaten in but go early to get a good selection. It gets very crowded the last hour and people have to wait for a table. The only complaint was the a/c was not cooling well and it was a very hot weekend in early October. It was almost 90 degrees and our room was barely cool enough to sleep. I did mention this at checkout and the desk clerk said we should have called to have the a/c adjusted. All employees were very nice.
I loved the shower due to the grab bars in the tub--made me feel more secure. I wish all motels would install grab bars for us older folks. We are going back Thanksgiving to be with our son who can't come home due to the distance and work commitment the Friday after Thanksgiving.

• Liked — location to Rockford, MI
  • Disliked — air conditioning not working well
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!