“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   630 E. Chicago Street, Coldwater, MI 49036 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Coldwater)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

we spent 3 nights at this hotel while exploring the area. It was close to everything, far enough off the street to be quiet, but a quick access to the highway. the room was large and super clean, the bed was very comfortable, and having a microwave and a Refrigerator was great. all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. If inthe area again I would definitely stay there again. My only suggestion. Would be a bigger sign on US 12, since the hotel is so far off the street, you need to know where to look for it, ( between the KFC and the Taco Bell).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
casey w, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Coldwater, MI and the surrounding areas offer a variety of things to see and do. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Our staff strives to be the best and we are happy that you found them to be friendly and helpful. Yes, I know it is hard to see us from US 12 but we are so glad you did! We hope you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Working in Coldwater for two weeks and stopped in here after a week of staying in the Hampton to check it out because Hampton only had "whirlpool rooms" left for the next week and I was not willing to pay $159 a night... I have always been loyal to Hampton.
I checked in early on Monday and they got me in to my room early. The room was clearly updated recently and everything was very clean and fresh. The room was really nice and had a 46" flat screen. Air conditioner worked really well and you can set it to have the fan on all the time so it doesnt kick on and off all night. (very important to me!)
The bed and pilows were super comfortable and i actually slept all through the night. That never happens on my first night in a hotel.
Very friendly hotel staff. Unlike some of the staff at the Hampton...
I don't know if all BW are as nice as this one but I would strongly recommend it over the Hampton Inn in Coldwater plus this hotel is at least $60 cheaper per night depending on the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for checking us out! I am pleased we were able to get you in your room early and that you found your room to be clean and fresh. And yes I know what you mean about AC units kicking on and off all night and you can't get a good nights sleep so I am happy you did. It's great to hear that you found your bed to be comfortable and that you slept through the night. As always it is nice to hear how friendly our hotel staff is.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here the 4th of July weekend for one night and it was excellent. As stated in the title, this hotel was the nicest pet-friendly hotel we've ever visited. The hotel is in a great location in Coldwater -- close to everything but set back far enough to avoid street noise. The hotel was modern, clean, and the rooms were newly renovated. Flat screen TVs, comfortable beds, and nice views as well. The staff were friendly and efficient -- just what we needed when checking in at midnight. The continental breakfast was also quite nice -- lots of hot, cold, and healthy options. They had two people staffing the breakfast bar, too, which was great.

We had to leave a $50 (cash) pet deposit, but we got it back easily at checkout. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
casey w, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comment! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that your pet was included in the family trip! I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and updated and it is always nice to hear that our staff is friendly and helpful as well. We hope you will come back and stay with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was in the Coldwater area visiting family and stumbled across a great surprise! The Best Western Plus. I have stayed at many Best Westerns across the country, but this one has blown all of them out of the water. From the moment I walked into the lobby I knew this was not like the rest of them. From the looks of the hotel it looks as though it has had a complete remodel. Everything was so clean and I experienced customer service like I was at a five diamond resort. This was NOT expected. The General Manager, I believe Judy (forgive me if wrong) welcomed us with such a joyful spirit. She took the time to get to know my wife, son and I and even gave us a personal tour of the property. The first thing I said to her was "this does not look like a Best Western". She smiled and asked if it was ok if she showed us around the hotel. NEVER have I had a General Manager direct so much attention to me during a stay. It was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were clean, quiet and FRESH. I am in the area every other month with my family. We have found a new home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
casey w, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel, our great customer service and cleanliness of our rooms! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I look forward to seeing you again in a couple of months. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable. Again, it was a pleasure meeting you and your beautiful family!
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed at this location multiple times for business reasons over the years.

Pros
Rooms have been overhauled and look fresh and clean.
New Paint and Carpets in the halls look great.

Cons;
Pool water cloudy… Breakfast same style as the old “Holiday Inn” less the warm Cinnamon buns.
Although the Hotel has changed over from a Holiday Inn Express, I personally preferred its customer service/customer perks better under the old Hotel chain.
No complementary bottled water, no Ice cream Treat, and no complementary snacks placed in the room.

Overall I was a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking to the back of the hotel, this will ensure no Highway noice if you like to h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
casey w, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our newly renovated hotel! I am sorry that there were some problems with your stay and I appreciate your feedback. Best Western Rewards program has some great perks for our members. Please sign up and receive the benefits when you stay at any Best Western property. If there is anything else I can do to ensure you have a great stay next time please let me know.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary. It was on the weekend before their grand reopening and everything was excellent from our arrival to our departure. The newly remodeled rooms have new furnishings including refrigerator/microwave and more than adequate electric outlets on the lamps to plug in computers and various necessary chargers. Everyone was friendly from the desk clerk at our midnight arrival, breakfast attendants and housekeepers to the desk clerk when we departed. The pool appeared clean and inviting although we did not take advantage of it, the exercise room although small seemed adequate as did the guest coin laundry. In addition to the customary vending machine fare, there was a good selection of additional items at the front desk.
The free hot breakfast was inviting and well stocked with freshly made pancakes, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit as well as the customary breakfast fare.
We just can't say enough about how enjoyable our stay was and how wonderful this location and people were.
It is our hope to stay here again and be able to take advantage of their discount coupon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
casey w, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
First of all Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on such a wonderful occasion. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our newly renovated hotel a nice place to celebrate your special day! We look forward to seeing you again!
Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was amazed by the renovation of Best Western Plus Coldwater. The hotel looks spanking new. Hot breakfast was good to have and their customer service was second to none. I truly enjoyed staying at this hotel and will come back again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Coldwater Hotel? Share your experiences!