“Know menue before arriving” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Know menue before arriving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

We would come out to Ernie's primarily for drinks with friends and, in the summer, the patio area is a great hangout. This has always been the best part of Ernie's. Service can be either great or sometimes short-staffed. When we recently visited with the family, the selection truly favors a Mediterranean style cuisine (thank goodness for pizza for kids). Portions are rather small and even apps favor Mediterranean flavor - so if that's your style (and are not overly-hungry) then you may wish to dine there - we will continue to visit the patio only.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clinton Township, Michigan
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

staff very good, food great price a little high. the banquet area is nice. seating is a little strange but nice.,

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average overpriced food disguised as fine dinning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

Nice waitstaff and impressive building are worth nothing if the dishes your being served with have food residue on them. The portions are unrealistic in relation to the prices. My lake perch dinner had two small pieces of potato which left this 130lb woman still hungry! Really disappointed with our mojitos, they were awful and we didnt drink them but still payed $18 for two. They had the radio playing in the speaker over my head while there was a live band in the next room so you can imagine it was too loud to have a conversation. It was our first time and we won't be going back. Yuck

• Visited September 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“Very pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The reason I say that is when we approached the restaurant, it was dusk and the windows on the outside were dirty, always a turn-off to me. And I wasn't sure what door to go in. Once we got in, though, the fun started. We were greeted by a smiling gentleman, who seated us. Our waiter was also very kind, approachable, and attentive. He answered all my questions. The bread (soft wheat pita) and Greek condiments of roasted garlic, mixed olives, and radishes were a nice ethic touch. The saganaki was delicious. I was a little disappointed that they couldn't "flame" it at the table because of the cloth draped from the ceiling. It looked nice, but I wonder why they did that in a Greek restaurant. I ordered chicken and green beans, they gladly substituted more of them for carbs, which I am avoiding. Oh my, the desserts, esp. the tier of 5 different selections looked delicious. We chose the baklava, which I could tell was different than they kind you get from a store like Costco. The busboy was always there to take away our dishes. He took our fork and knife from the appetizer, and actually brought us more with the entree. I just really loved the atmosphere and would LOVE to go back for the wine room. This is a room with one table surrounded by all sorts of wine. Great place for a proposal, private business meeting, or a couple who would like a little quiet. It's $25 to reserve it, but if it's open when you're there, you can use it for free. I plan to go back next month.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“So-So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The staff was very inexperienced for the atmosphere Ernie's is trying to portray. We were approached way to often by our waitress, other waitresses, porter/bus boys, and management. My wife and I got to the point we just wanted to be left alone.

Food was decent. I had a steak and the wife had tenderloin. The couscous was very bland. Their bread was delicious.

Overall I thought Ernie's was trying to be more upscale than other restaurants in the area.....which I feel is a good thing. But, after leaving I felt they are trying to do it with only decent food with staff from a TGI Fridays.

• Visited January 2014