“Managment is terrible” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44315 Gratiot Avenue, Clinton Township, MI 48036   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Managment is terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

I stayed at the Best Western Concord Inn of Clinton Twp. for two nights and felt that the rooms were fairly nice for the price. I enjoyed the jacuzzi in the room, as did my wife. I had a few issues with kids running down the halls at night and upon speaking with the General Manage, Kim, I was left very shocked. Ms. Nicholson became fairly hostile towards me and I felt that she was insulting my intelligence with her comments and responses. She acted as it were my fault and that I had to deal with it myself. I felt that this is something that managment should be able to take care of. I requested some sort of compensation and the response I receieved was cold. I was very unhappy and unsatasfied with the way this woman conducted business. Highly unprofessional and I will never stay with the Concord Inns again. The owner of the hotel needs to replace this General Manager and that my influence me to bring my business associates back.

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

Room (standard): very spacious room and a big comfortable bed, a table with two chairs and an extra relax seat. The bathroom was splendid. It had a big yacuzzi and the glass doors along the yacuzzi could open so you could watch tv while taking a bath. There’s a refrigerater, microwave, iron board and a coffee machine in the room. There are pay movies and you can surf the internet on your television. The room was spotless, towels were changed every day.

Area: The hotel is situated on the big Gratiot Avenue, a couple of minutes from Clinton Township, very close to road 94 and half an hour drive from Detroit.

Staff: The staff is really friendly and helpful. I needed to print a mail from the internet and they didn’t charge me anything. When I asked for assistance for the lights in the bathroom someone came to help me a few minutes after my call.

Breakfast: There’s a choice between tree juices, coffee, yoghourt, fruit, cake, donuts, … Hot breakfast costs 4 dollar extra but is worth the money. You can choose between eggs prepared in two different ways, sausages, hamburgers, …

Bar: There’s a very friendly lady working in the bar (who was very excited about all the two dollar bills I took with me from Belgium) where you can watch a widescreen tv sitting at a table or in a sofa at the fireplace. They serve good wine for a very reasonable price. The bar is closed on sunday. There’s a separate more intimate room with fireplace where you can watch tv and smoke a cigar.

The hotel hasn’t a restaurant but there’s a little shop where you can buy sandwiches, beverages, candy, cake, light meals to warm up in the microwave, …

For the price this hotel is really top.

• Stayed September 2005
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2004

Great from the moment you enter fireplace on one side fountains on the other very friendly staff.

Suites to regular rooms very clean I plan on staying there every time I am in the area.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

I made this reservation with trepidation...usually I am not a big BW hotel fan,
but there is not much to choose from in the area and I wanted to be close to
relatives we were visiting. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The hotel was much
newer, nicer and comfortable than I anticipated. And the staff was great. Our TV
did not work the first evening, so they moved us the next morning (our toddler
was already asleep so we did not want to move that evening) and also discounted
our room rate by 50% for the entire stay! Excellent customer service! The
breakfast was good, if you paid the nominal fee for the protein. Overall, I
thought this was an excellent hotel, especially for the rate. Rooms were clean
and nicely decorated too.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2003

When checking in, we were told that breakfast is served behind the front desk. The next morning I was getting food when I was asked about having a "ticket". I seems that the hot breakfast is $4.00. The "sign" was setting in an 8 x 10 frame at the side. You needed to read half the sign before coming to the price. I went to the manager to complain about the small sign. He told me that no one had ever complained. The ladies who have to put up with this everyday said that a lot of people complain. I suggested a bigger sign, but the manager acted like it was my fault for not looking for the sign.

Travelers are raving about these Clinton Township hotels

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!