“Great food for reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Clawson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Windsor, Canada
“Great food for reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My sister and I live in Windsor and shop in the states quite frequently. We were looking for a new spot to try for lunch and came across Mojave Cantina. I have read some of the mixed reviews but we wanted to try it for ourselves. It is definitely worth checking out. We go there almost every time we go for our shopping excursions. The free chips and salsa are great. The salsa has a very unique flavour...it is absolutely delicious. You have to try the fresh guacamole...fantastic. I always get the enchiladas poblanas - they are just so good I can't bring myself to try anything else. My sister usually gets the fajitas or tacos. The amount of food you get for the value of your money is fantastic. We always have enough leftover for lunch the next day. I definitely recommend giving this restaurant a try. Great food, great service, great value in a friendly neighbourhood.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Give it a chance - great food & prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

To be honest, the mixed reviews have really kept us from eating here sooner. We've really been craving Mexican after boycotting our previous favorite restaurant changed their menu.

We went for dinner on Saturday and there was a good mix of people present - couples, families and friends. We were seated right away and offered FREE chips & salsa (nice when some places are charging now). The chips were fresh and hot and the salsa was very flavorful.

I ordered the Chicken Tex Mex Classic tacos with just lettuce and cheese. I am a VERY picky eater and normally am disappointed when I find random veggies mixed in with the meat. Lucky for me, I didn't have this issue. The chicken was moist and seasoned perfectly. The shells were my favorite part - definitely home made. I also enjoyed eating the refried beans with the chips.

My husband ordered the steak nachos. It was a very generous portion and there was plenty of steak. We both had enough for leftovers the next day!

We are looking forward to going back again and taking friends with us.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Bad Taco's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

How do you screw up chips, salsa and Taco's?

Cons:

1. Cook and puree salsa into baby food. (No flavor left)
2. Out of the bag Chips

Taco's
3. Don't grill the soft tortilla
4. No cheese, lettuce or tomato on the taco
5. Serve Plain White Rice with it.
6. Don't season the meat with taco seasonings.
7. No dissatisfied customer discount.

Pros:

1. The meat was actually good quality just under prepared. More of a fajita with grilled onions. Not a taco.

2. Cook offered to make it right and prepare something else. I would never as I know what happens when you do. (Meat and tortilla was edible so I did and got out of there)

Very disappointing as it appears to be a nice new place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Michigan
“Really good for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We come here for lunch as it is near the office. Service is good, food is good (including the salsa and chips) and lunch only costs the same as a combo meal at fast food. All of that adds up to a solid 4 - 4 1/2 stars.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Metro Detroit
“What's with the positive reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Bland, blander and blandest of the land. No spice, no salt, no creativity and just plain no good. The outside of the building screams upscale food, maybe even homemade mole. No mole. What they bring to the table is more like reheated frozen entrees. The rice was cold and crunchy. Who has crunchy rice? I dine out at least once a week and have never felt compelled to write a poor review before today. Don't waste your time or money. This place is a dud. I give it six months before it goes out of business.

• Visited May 2014