“Small town motel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Pine Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clare
Lone Pine Motel
You added Lone Pine Motel to your Saves list
1508 North McEwan Street, Clare, MI 48617   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clare
“Small town motel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this motel for about a week and found no problems with it.
The motel is located on the North end of the town of Clare and its a block or two from the shopping and business district. The manager allowed me to inspect the rooms before deciding to take residence so there were no hidden surprises later on. I would suggest that anyone staying at any hotel exercise this right so as to decide if they want to stay there or find another.
The hotel is moderately priced and easy on the wallet. The parking lot is huge and I'm sure they can handle a 16 wheeler easily. The property is clean and well kept. The manager was warm and friendly when I spoke to him during my stay.
I've read a negative review here and there on this business but I can't see where they were coming from. I'm not sure if they wanted a free room for the night or if they wanted a discount because they wanted their stay to be like staying at the Hilton or Raddison.
I gave it a shot and enjoyed my stay there. I can hope that people do the same, this review or any review they read.

Room Tip: Ask to check room before checking in!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cameron, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are driving across central Michigan and need a place to crash, you might check out the Lone Pine. Sometimes when you check into a budget place you are rolling the dice, but here the rooms are clean and nice-smelling and everything is in good working order. Although my room was small it had a fridge. It's an older "motor lodge" type of motel with only a dozen or so rooms, but the advantage is that you can park outside your room. They are also pet-friendly but you will need to let them know up front. An added bonus is that there is an awesome little pizzeria across the street, and a really nice park about a block away. The motel is family-owned and the staff is very friendly. A great little property for a quick turn-around if amenenities are not important.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Lone Pine Motel? Share your experiences!