“Staff is lackadaisical, rude and offer NO solutions to their errors.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township

Book Early & Save!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chesterfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Commerce Township, Michigan
“Staff is lackadaisical, rude and offer NO solutions to their errors.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a wedding room block. Chose to stay because a shuttle was being offered (safe ride "home" from the reception). Long story short, the two shuttles were full and could not accommodate my boyfriend and I, plus another couple. Furthermore, the front desk staff (to include an argumentative General Manager) said the bride and groom did a poor job of arranging their shuttle needs with the "sales" manager. NO ride, NO solution, NO ownership to their errors.

Room Tip: Couple of the rooms unluckily face a brick wall. Request a clear view with no barriers. You're o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about the frustration that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We're very sorry that this situation didn't meet your expectations because we strive to offer the very best hotel experience possible.

When we work with brides and grooms in preparation for hosting their wedding guests, we do our best to anticipate the correct number of shuttle trips that will be necessary based on the total number of guests, and the ceremony + reception schedule. This is not an exact science, and we make the best estimates that we can based on our past experience and many unknown factors. Ultimately, the bride/groom approves the final schedule and we adhere to that schedule. Unfortunately it's just not possible to anticipate each individual guests' specific schedule and requests.

I apologize for any confusion, and we value your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because I was apart of a bridal party. I was really surprised by the style of the rooms they were updated with the newest technologies including energy conserving techniques which I thought was really neat. I was really impressed by the hotel itself, I was familiar with most Hampton Inns not being as stylish as this one. Since there are not many hotel selections in this area this one I would recommend, the location itself is close to stores, the mall, and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Not much to say really this place is a cookie cutter hotel.

Stayed here for a night and it served its purpose although we were not overly impressed. Check in was a mess as we had booked a package with a gift card to a local mall and a late check out, Arrive and there is no gift card and we are told that they have no late checkouts. the person who was working had no solutions. Room was OK but a very odd layout and the walls are paper thin. heard our neighbours talking loudly early in the evening and ___________ loudly in the middle of the night

to their credit the manager did give us a gift card although not the one promised in the morning and we did get out late checkout but i had to wake up early to talk to the manager about it.

My advice. look for better as there are other options in the area and dont bother with packages as they are clearly not paying attention to actually fulfilling the package promises.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
I appreciate your review of our property. I apologize for the miscommunication over the package you had booked and for the noise issue encountered with other guests. We strive to create a pleasant and relaxing guest experience and hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, you will give us the opportunity to show you our true potential. Thank you again for your feedback.
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Let me start by saying that the minute I arrived at the hotel, I was disappointed! When it clearly states that check-in time is 3:00, the rooms should be ready! I arrived after 3:30 and was told my room wasn't ready....not acceptable! After waiting in the front lobby for 15 minutes with a very antsy 3-year-old, I was finally told that the room was ready.

Upon entering the room, I noticed pieces of paper laying on the floor with child-like scribbles on them. Clearly these weren't from my child as we had just arrived....so, if the room wasn't ready when I arrived and the front desk sent someone up to take care of it, why were there papers on the floor? This immediately got me wondering what the bathroom was like....and I'm happy to say that it was spotless!

This night was a celebration of potty-training gone right, so the pool was the main event. Although a bit on the small side and too much chlorine, the pool was fantastic! Three large steps to walk down into WARM water! I couldn't be more thankful!

The bed....ahhhh.....comfortable isn't a good enough description! It was pure bliss! My only complaint about the night is that the hallways are very noisy! I got out of bed at 2:30 am to ask the wedding party to keep it down! My suggestion would be for the person working the front desk to either remind those coming in late to be considerate OR to place signs out at 10-ish at night like they do at the hospital I work at....just a gentle reminder that voices should be kept down.

Breakfast was adequate: typical breakfast fare... hot waffles, eggs with ham and cheese and french toast, fresh fruit, oatmeal, various pastries, yogurt and breads. Not too much for a small child to enjoy but I thought ahead and brought cereal/fruit bars.

Would I stay again? Definately!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed two nights for an anniversary party in the area. It was easy to find. The hotel was very clean and the check in and out was easy and quick. The food at the continental breakfast was good, typical hotel fare, however there was scrambled eggs, potatoes. The room was large and clean. Our room always seemed cold so we had to turn the thermostat up to 75 to get the room warm. It was a very nice hotel, the staff are friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I got a fabulous rate on this hotel...I stayed right after the holidays...double queen suite with a pullout couch. There were 4 of us, but plenty of space...the toilet/shower combo was spacious and the sink was out in an alcove. PLUS there was a long counter with a bar sink and refrigerator that provided an extra place to put on makeup, etc. REALLY comfortable beds and a plentiful buffet PLUS the pool was great. A good choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We were here for a hockey tournament. A very good and nice hotel. It is a but of a distance from Port Huron, but since we were traveling by bus, it was fine. The location of the hotel is in a new and growing community. Across the street was a Walmart which made it easy to get things. Shopping malls were close by. Accessible by highway.
Staff at the Hampton were friendly and accommodating.
The hot breakfast was decent. Didn't use any of the other amenities.
Rooms are large. We stayed in a queen suite with 2 queen beds and a pullout couch.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township? Share your experiences!