“Glad we did it!” 5 of 5 stars

Saint Charles, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Glad we did it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Easy to get into a tour same day, but call ahead! Tour guides are excellent and friendly! You are taken to a very small auditorium and given a Jiffy muffin and water or coffee from the kitchenette in the auditorium. You view a twenty minute informative video that is quite interesting and sets you up to understand the walk through of the facility better. Your group has an opportunity to purchase cases of Jiffy mix at a price that beats store prices. You can also purchase a hardcover history of Jiffy, t-shirts, hats, and insulated bags all with the Jiffy logo. The stop in the 'store' is brief and simple. I loved that! No toys and candy and BS, just a few good items for sale. I bought two cases of mix and the insulated bag which is excellent quality. You receive your purchases when you exit the building, a great smooth system! Every person young and old gets a gift bag with mixes and a cookbook at the end. I just made the pumpkin cake recipe from the cookbook and it was delicious! I greatly preferred this real tour to over-commercialized pseudo tours (kellogg's Cereal City comes to mind).

Visited April 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Community Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Other than sometimes using their products, I have never been "into" Jiffy Mix. I rate them
excellent for the longterm, consistnt, exceptional level of community support. Here's to the
Holmes Family. They deserve out support.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“JIFFY MIX in the little blue box”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I cud tell you stories about the owner of this company as he was in my high school glass.......the few times he raced I INDY I thnk he did worse than DANICA.......but this not about Howdie The Owner [family business he got it by default] who modernized the place but about the little blue boxes.
THE LITTLE BLUE BOX HAS NEVER FAILED ME and if you follow the instructions even tastes good

Visited March 2013
Ypsilanti
5 attraction reviews
“Cool way to learn about a product we all know and love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Loved visiting this historic local icon. Great free samples, Free tour. Very informative. The staff was well informed. We actually met Howdy Holmes, the president, in the lobby after the tour, and he was delightful. Great way to spend a day when the kids are off school!

Visited April 2012
Saint Clair, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
“If you are in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It would be foolish not to try out this short, free tour. Call ahead and get on the list, it won't be disappointing. The tour staff is incredible. I was by myself and ended up with a group of older women and coupled with the staff it was a hilariously good time. You learn the history, see the production everything you would expect and a tour like this. I will go back every time I am in the area.

Visited May 2012

Been to Jiffy Mix Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jiffy Mix Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.