“Great place near Jiffy Mix home” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi
Panama City
“Great place near Jiffy Mix home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Chelsea is a quaint little downtown area with shops and restaurants. Back to the Roots is a great little find. Very good service and enjoyable food. They use sustainable and locally grown foods. The fresh soups are very good and on Tuesdays they have buy one get one sushi. We have been there two times and have really enjoyed it. The owners seem to be there all the time so it is very well run.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“One of us was happy with breakfast, one wasn't!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I liked the décor and vibe of this restaurant the moment we walked in. We came for a late breakfast on a Friday morning, and the restaurant wasn't very busy, but it seemed to take a bit of time for our server to take our orders. A second server brought us water in the meantime. I ordered coffee, and another wait ensued, but apparently they brew each little pot separately, so that was probably why it took some time.

I had a vegetarian omellette with potatoes and toast and my daughter had pancakes. Mine was very tasty, but the pancakes looked a little overdone, bordering on burnt, and were served with one tiny little cup of syrup. We asked for more and were given a second tiny cup!! We considered sending the pancakes back, but really couldn't see waiting again after it took quite a while for our food to come. Our server never checked on us and we had to track him down to get the bill.

Visited June 2013
Mich
“One of many nice eateries in Chelsea.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Been there several times. Always decent food and service. One of many good restaurants in Chelsea. Good variety, casual dining. Only have been there for lunch and not sure of later hours.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Charles, Michigan, United States
“Best Latte! Very Good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved my latte! Great Michigan Salad! Great Amish chicken sandwich! Good sushi, don't know why but my husband was not over impressed by our sushi. I liked it but I keep with the cooked stuff and he eats raw. In part he didn't like my selections so his critique may be unfair. Good American platter of ham and potatoes, ham was moderately processed. Funky atmosphere and good service. Ask about a tour of the Jiffy mis factory while you are in town. You can usually get added to a previously planned group. A tour guide at Jiffy made the recommendation for us to eat here!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milan, Michigan
“Funky place with great food, sourced responsibly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just learned about this coffee/tea cafe and restaurant in Chelsea and tried it for lunch today. I actually ordered breakfast (served til 2pm) because it sounded so good! I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is nice, the service was fabulous, and all three of us ate up every bite!

I had the omelette which comes with 3 items (additional for $.50/ea). It came with toast and potato chunks. I chose the sourdough toast and at the advice of my sister, the spicy potatoes. The other option is herbed. The omelette was light and fluffy, ingredients not over-or under-cooked. The spicy potatoes were to die for. It seemed like that were cooked or tossed in a chili oil or sriracha sauce (not sure and I didn't ask). My aunt had the French toast and said it was very good too. Prices for most came in around $9-11. Portions were good. Their lunch menu looked good, too. Many others were enjoying wraps, sandwiches, soup, sushi, and salads. I know I'll give that side of the menu a try the next time.

The nice thing about it is they are supporting local growers and suppliers as much as possible and making things from scratch. They give back a portion of their proceeds to causes they say "rescue and restore the vulnerable" of the world. I'd come back for the good food and service; their philosophy is frosting on the cake.

• Visited January 2013