“One of many nice eateries in Chelsea.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi
Mich
“One of many nice eateries in Chelsea.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Been there several times. Always decent food and service. One of many good restaurants in Chelsea. Good variety, casual dining. Only have been there for lunch and not sure of later hours.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Charles, Michigan, United States
“Best Latte! Very Good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved my latte! Great Michigan Salad! Great Amish chicken sandwich! Good sushi, don't know why but my husband was not over impressed by our sushi. I liked it but I keep with the cooked stuff and he eats raw. In part he didn't like my selections so his critique may be unfair. Good American platter of ham and potatoes, ham was moderately processed. Funky atmosphere and good service. Ask about a tour of the Jiffy mis factory while you are in town. You can usually get added to a previously planned group. A tour guide at Jiffy made the recommendation for us to eat here!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Michigan
“Funky place with great food, sourced responsibly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just learned about this coffee/tea cafe and restaurant in Chelsea and tried it for lunch today. I actually ordered breakfast (served til 2pm) because it sounded so good! I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is nice, the service was fabulous, and all three of us ate up every bite!

I had the omelette which comes with 3 items (additional for $.50/ea). It came with toast and potato chunks. I chose the sourdough toast and at the advice of my sister, the spicy potatoes. The other option is herbed. The omelette was light and fluffy, ingredients not over-or under-cooked. The spicy potatoes were to die for. It seemed like that were cooked or tossed in a chili oil or sriracha sauce (not sure and I didn't ask). My aunt had the French toast and said it was very good too. Prices for most came in around $9-11. Portions were good. Their lunch menu looked good, too. Many others were enjoying wraps, sandwiches, soup, sushi, and salads. I know I'll give that side of the menu a try the next time.

The nice thing about it is they are supporting local growers and suppliers as much as possible and making things from scratch. They give back a portion of their proceeds to causes they say "rescue and restore the vulnerable" of the world. I'd come back for the good food and service; their philosophy is frosting on the cake.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dexter, Michigan
“Food average, coffee best in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Heaping portions of average breakfast food from a broad menu. Good service in a funky environment. Broad changing selection of beans, freshly ground and prepared in a number of methods. Also large selection of teas. Food a three coffee and tea a four.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlingame, California
“Good spot for vegan/vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a really neat place--more cosmopolitan than you'd expect in such a small town. They have a coffee shop in the front (with AMAZING coffee prepared in a chemex or french press) and a full-service restaurant in the back. We came here three days in a row during our last visit to Chelsea! I loved the tofu scramble.

Visited December 2012